WK 1 Gallia Academy @ Athens

superblue
All Conference

Re: Week 1 ~ Gallia Academy @ Athens

Post by superblue »

Good morning 2old, its good to have you back. Things have been pretty boring on here for a while....... Alot of what you say is true, not all but some I agree with.. People forget that last year Athens played tough aganist us until late in the game.. Not sure what either team has this year, could be a long year.. There are a lot of Devil fans asking the same Questions you are. " Why are we playing Athens & Wellston This year......... I would Like to see a tougher schedule... At least give us credit for playing Logan this year. LATER........

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

2old wrote:i won't whine about alleged late hits. The Chiefs will not throw helmets. The staff will not drop kick flags.

It was a late hit and you and everyone else that was there knows it (Winters was already on the ground and getting back up when he got hit). And I'm sure Logan's coaches and players would have been very upset just like the Devils were if they got a hosejob like Gallia Academy did. And to make matters worse, your police department tickets every Gallia County car in sight. Very classy!! Back to the topic at hand, hopefully the Blue comes out and plays a very smart and intense game and gets that all important first win of the year.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

2old wrote:GAHS,

Let's see where to start.

1. Seems like everyone is envious of Logan. You guys can't wait until the Chiefs lose. Ergo Chieftain Envy
2. You are coming around. Now it is a mini-dynasty. When does it become a Full dynasty???
3. Since the "new and Improved" league has been in existance Logan has dominated and NO one fron the south has been close.
4. i don't care how much Ptown and Ironton are. Reason being Logan is BETTER. Ironton has to improve. Unless they sink lower than Gallia. Ptown has a young qb. No problem. As for numbers. Everyt eam uses 11.
5. Ok you predict logan will not sit atop the league forever. Now predict exactly when the MIGHTY Chieftains will fall. What year? what decade? what century?
6.i know how to lose. i hate it. But it happens. Heck Logan does play lancaster every year. i assure you i will be a better sport than you and others when the Chiefs fall. i won't whine about alleged late hits. The Chiefs will not throw helmets. The staff will not drop kick flags.
7. i can assure you Gallia will not be back on top with that easy schedule you guys play. i have been telling you that for years. i think the recent trend proves my point. Your super class"08" did not perform well at all in football. Logans average class did.
8. You can schedule down some. heck, Logan has Gallia on the schedule this year. Gallia always schedules down. Some others in the league do too. You are not alone. look at who plays who this week. It is obvious who is scheduling down.

again with "every team plays 11 so numbers dont matter"...when you can choose from 300 , instead of 100 the talent pool is much better.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

i guess you are not getting the picture. of course. When does a mini-dynasty become a full dynasty. How many championships does Logan have to win to get the coveted "Dynasty " lable from a poster like you?? Your problem is you lack respect for the best program in the league. oh and it is Chieftain Envy. i would say over the years many people have "envied" Jackson in this league. Their good teams have been very good. They seem to be on the verge of self destruction at the moment, but that is a local problem and actually has nothing to do with the football field.

Logan will win the league the next two years. That would be 08-09. That will put them periously close to not losing the championship for the remainder of the decade. i think you may want to reconsider so not to look foolish. I have a great sense of history of this league and my knowledge of that history is far more than yours. You have bored us more than once about your time in Chillicothe. I have always been around the SEOAL. Now if Jottings wrote that i might say ok you win. But a johnny come lately like you? no way.

Honestly i would think Lancaster deserves some criticizm for scheduling Logan. They are scheduling down too far based on recent results. on the other hand the Chiefs get them tons of points so it may be a good trade off for them.i don't know where you been but it is common knowledge in logan that Lancaster considers us Logantucky. It comes with the territory. You should know full well what it is like to be cannon fodder. It is like Gallia has been to Logan the last 4 years. You did have a great victory 5 years ago. i have never denied that. Glad your memory is so sharp. And enjoy that one. It is gonna be awhile before the next one.

Deny it all you want. But the last 4 years prove that one program is headed in the right direction and one program is headed down. Logan scedules up for non-league and Gallia schedules down. Two things to remember. Most Gallia posters thought the Blue defense had arrived when that defense played well against VC last year. That defense came to Logan and was not on the field much because Logan ran all over them. Secondly, the class that just graduated was labeled as unbeatable in 7th and 8th. and for much of the 9th grade. That class was dangerously close to the league because of the weak opponents Gallia plays in non-conference. Not the only reason, but certainly a contributing factor.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Now moving on to the next incorrect poster

Friday,

Are you still going to whine about a call in a game where Gallia was beaten down? Are you still going to defend that behavior How sad. Let's see you defend kids throwing their helmets 20 yards. Well Logan's coach would havew put all those kids on the bench. You defend Coaches that kick flags. Well logan's administration would have suspended the staff. You defend fans that throw things on the field. Well when logans crowd starts to get ugly i always say" let's be good sports. After al we are not from Gallia".l

BTW, the discipline in the Logan system seems to prove that following the rules certainly gets better results.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

The resason Gallia's conduct (TEAM, STAFF, and FANS) has been mentioned more than once is that Gallia can not accept responsiblity for that conduct. Instead many choose to defend it.

Oh and you know so many secrets about that night. Oh you sound scary. You must have super secret inside information. i am impressed.

i am glad you are back to personal attacks. "little mind". It is so you.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

BIG,

Numbers are excuses we use in SE OHIO. Take a look at the MAC in NW OHIO. You will not see tham complaing. They just go out and play football. They play 11 over there too.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Keep stirring 2old, you are one of the best.......LOL......

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Thanks Blue. I deal in the truth. It does hurt the feelings of some.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

As you know 2Old, I have no feelings...........LOL The Logan Game of 2 years ago is history......... We need to let it go and Focus on this year... We have discussed it last year, you know how I feel about it & I know how you feel....... Neither one of us will ever change our view.. I respect your view, its hard to argue about some of your points... To me its been talked about way to much......... LATER.........

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

No worries. i think your situation is much like the school you suport.............NO DEFENSE.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to Gallia at Athens, we will be pulling for the Blue Devils!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

Naw last years group had NOTHING for the Chiefs. the Chief class of 08 handled those lads in football in 9-10-11-12. And you are right. Don't give me excuses. Injuries are part of football.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO BLUE!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

who will be running the ball at Gallia this year?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

There will be 4 or 5 plus the QB, ;-)

oldschoolblue
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolblue »

2 old , I think you are a secret Blue Devil fan, this thread is "Gallia Academey @ Athens" and you were one of the first to post. Dont hide your feelings just come out and say you love the Blue. All joking aside I have to tell you that I agree with Forever that Logan will not be on top forever and when they come down it will be a disapointing fall but it looks like it wont be in the next year or so. I also wish that we would not play Athens again and I have no interest in playing any team in the SEOAL that is not a league game. I think it is an easy way to get a game scheduled for the ADs. By the way to get back on topic I think Gallipolis by 14 in the opener.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BBallin fool wrote:There will be 4 or 5 plus the QB, ;-)

that many huh? :122246

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

;-)

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Lol maybe that is Gallia's problem. no one has a name and they all go by initnials. i guess i will have to get a secret decoding ring. Wake up no one on here ever gives away any secrets. The kids all know each other.

DOG, i would not worry about the Gallia's running game. First they don't use it. Second the linemen in Gallia don't seem to do well with the run.

Surely old Blue Gun is not abandoning the spread. Just because it has not worked for 4 years.

i do think Gallia may run some on Athens, No offense Dog. But it is the typical easy opener for the Blue. However against even average SEOAL talent the running game will not show much. So you know they won't have much for the real talent of the SEOAL.
Last edited by 2old on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”