Chillicothe maybe looking at Independent 2009

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:ARMY is just a pot stirrerof Biblical proportions (pun intended). Ive never seen any adult male spend so much time speculating on so much nonsense in my entire life. To hear him tell it, he has informed connections at every single school in SE Ohio and knows exactly what every school is or is not going to do.

I sincerely doubt it, and while it was fun to toss things around for awhile, with about 5 or more topics on football alone, plus duplicates on the same subjects in other sports forums; it is just getting redundant and pointless.

But post away, my friend, if it makes you feel smarter or more informed. I think you and your sources should just have lunch somewhere while the rest of us are enjoying playing together.

Gahs4ever,

You know I used to respect you....but you are sounding more in the realm of 2old when you speak like that. You act on here at times that your philosophy is final concerning other teams in the SEOAL. :roll:

That Chicken Little comment concerning the Chillicothe Cavalier Team....has no bearing on what direction our Board, Administration, AD, Coaches and City Folk feel it should take.

Especially, when it concerns what direction the CAVS should go if it looks as if the SEOAL implodes from within over the next few years.

Gahs4ever, 2old, locos or anybody else that acts as if the Chillicothe City Schools are going to bow down to your demands on here is a joke. :roll:

And may I remind....you, that those Cavailers you are calling Chicken Little like an in-mature child, you so direct at others for the same actions, instead of the so-called Christian Character you claim to profess on here, has defeated your Gallipolis Blue Devils twice in Football, 4 times in Basketball, in baseball, in Soccer and in several girls sports to include Girls Basketball since joining the SEOAL. :-D

One thing for sure, we are definitley are not worried about Gallipolis. By the way, I bumped into 2old tonight at our Alma Mater in the Wellston Gym while watching our CAVS take down 2007 D2 State Champion Dayton Dunbar who before the game was Number 1 in the AP D2 Poll. :-D

Funny....Zane Vegas....2old didn't act as a Mr. Bad tuff guy there, hmmmmmmmm. :-D

Zanes Vegas...we saw your B-Ball coaches here tonight at Wellston, one looked like Ardnolt.

Trojan Dave said to me tonight at Wellston that Portsmouth will not leave if Chillicothe stays. So there goes your Ironton-Portsmouth package leaving together.

Gahs4ever,

Quit whining about those that could leave if certain situations arise. It's none of your business what the other schools decide anyway. Heck, if it mattered so much, why don't you run for the school board down there. As it stands now, Chillicothe is going no where, but the Chillicothe Administration are not fools either, they are prepared just in case. If Portsmouth stays, Chillicothe will most likely stay too, even if everybody leaves except the three original cast and Portsmouth. But if the Trojans leave you all could almost say goodbye to Chilli.....they would be better off as an independent, instead of staying in a possible SEOAL with 4 teams in it.

Gahs4ever,
One thing for sure what ever Chillicothe decides...it won't mean a thing to them what you think or say on here about them or there sports teams. :-D

ARMY :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:If you direct your post at yourself instead of me, it will make a lot more sense.

I dont post books on here expressing things that probably will never happen. Im not the one who flooded my inbox with 5 pms in one evening that I never answered. And how many times Chillicothe beats Gallia Academy in anything has nothing to do with this at all. But just for clarification, in the baseball DOC, GAHS beat the Cavs on Memorial Field.

I dont remember having any opinion I think is final concerning anything on these topics other than advocating that we all just chill out and let things take care of themselves. The only thing I am dogmatic about is the continued existence of the SEOAL, regardless of who stays or goes, and I have history on my side in that argument.

I dont have any Ironton-Portsmouth "package." Ive only said I believe Portsmouth is committed to the league because they are tired of being independent and they burned their bridges with the SOC decades ago. If they could have gotten into the SOC, I believe they would have a long time ago. Ironton Im less sure of.

Your last line of the above post says it all..whatever Chillicothe does in the future wont have anything to do with yours or anyone elses opinions on an internet chat board.

BTW...I still respect you and it has nothing to do with your opinions. I just dont understand the need for five or more topics on the same subject, or why you post the same subjects on more than one forum. But by all means, post away.

And you haven't....like I said, if Chilli decides to go that route, due to several members in the SEOAL leaving....it's there decision and not anyone elses. Everybody has an opinion and yours is not always the final one.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

Why is everyone trying to bury the SEOAL? This league might go back down to six schools eventually but it will still exist. It's the BEST option for larger division schools in southeast Ohio. BTW...Winning league championships are a good accomplishment for kids. Unfortunately, our region doesn't have too much success in state tournaments but winning a league title or advancing to the Sweet 16 or Final Four in the tournament is fun for the kids and the schools they play at. This is HIGH SCHOOL sports folks.

Army
S

Post by Army »

bman618 wrote:Why is everyone trying to bury the SEOAL? This league might go back down to six schools eventually but it will still exist. It's the BEST option for larger division schools in southeast Ohio. BTW...Winning league championships are a good accomplishment for kids. Unfortunately, our region doesn't have too much success in state tournaments but winning a league title or advancing to the Sweet 16 or Final Four in the tournament is fun for the kids and the schools they play at. This is HIGH SCHOOL sports folks.

bman618,

I agree but it might end up with 5 instead of 6. Lets see what the two Washington County Teams do in the next 2-3 years. :-D

Athens leaves in 2008....
Zanesville leaves in 2009......
Ironton may leave in 2009......
Marietta New League possibility with Zanesville..... :?:
Warren Local Back to TVC-Ohio...... :?:

I think if the SEOAL survives it will be:

1. Chillicothe D3
2. Portsmouth D4
3. Gallipolis D4
4. Jackson D2
5. Logan D2

If Portsmouth darts so will Chillicothe in this format no matter what Gahs4ever says. :-D

Let's see who's next :?: :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:A lot of "ifs" there

Only three more to go.....then lets see the pressure to stay or boot. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:There is no pressure, except the kind you persist to insist on. You continue to speculate on things. Knock yourself out. Im out. This is nonsense.

Drop it....if it happens I am going to be the first to say....told you so. :-D

If it does not, even better :!:

We stay and make the SEOAL stronger while keeping all the communication lines open.

Especially, listening to everyones concerns. :-D

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

This league will be around for this entire century like it was for almost all of last century. It is a good league for schools ranging from D2-4.

At worst, I see Ironton leaving but Portsmouth is going to stay. They seem to be happy with the league and going back to independent for them would mean just as much travel. I don't see Warren going anywhere because it seems like the TVC doesn't want them in. If Marietta joined a "super" league of teams from east central Ohio and West Virginia, it is still going to be just as much travel and hassle.

I see the league looking like this.

Logan
Jackson
Gallipolis
Warren
Marietta
Portsmouth
Chillicothe

That's a good league. It is unbalanced. I do see Ironton leaving because there seems to be quite a bit of anti-SEOAL feeling down there. If the SEOAL could find one more school to go to eight that'd be good, but I don't see any good candidates. The only thing bad about a seven team league is the unbalanced schedule but the league could fill the holes by playing teams from the TVC, OCC, etc.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

It amazes me that only 2 years into the expanded SEOAL that there are a lot of people forecasting inevitable doom for this league which has existed for 8 decades. The SEOAL has gone through a multitude of membership changes but the end result always has been...........the SEOAL is still up and running.

As far as Portsmouth's case.......I am not a Portsmouth City School Administrator, just a fan..........let me state QUITE CLEARLY that Portsmouth High School is a proud member of the SEOAL, and that our adminstration UNANIMOUSLY voted to join the league, even though they were well aware of travel and enrollment concerns.

I believe that the only way that Portsmouth leaves the SEOAL will be if the SOC comes calling........and I stated this on another thread......that I have a better chance of being elected President of the United States than for PHS to be voted into the SOC. We have petitioned the SOC before, and have been voted down......I believe multiple times.

Another thing that irratates me is there are some on here who think that Ironton and Portsmouth are joined at the hip. Whatever Ironton does, Portsmouth does. That is not the case at all. For decades, Portsmouth and Ironton were in different leagues.......PHS was in the GOL, while IHS was in the COL and then the SEOAL.....without Portsmouth.

And here's something that many people are not aware of......that only for 8 years, between 1986-1993, Ironton and Portsmouth were a member of the same league......the Ohio-Kentucky Athletic Conference. 8 years out of almost 100 years of athletic competition, until now of course with the SEOAL.

Just because we have been playing Ironton forever in sports doesn't mean that we do what they do.

And I want to conclude by saying this........I strongly believe that with Athens and Zanesville leaving, that only makes Portsmouth's case to stay in the SEOAL stronger. 2 less long trips is something that is very favorable for PHS to stay the course.

We have proved we can compete in the SEOAL......that is not the issue. And now with less travel miles, the SEOAL looks more and more attractive for Portsmouth to stay........REGARDLESS OF WHAT IRONTON DOES!!!!

I hope the league doesn't lose anyone else, but if it does, it will survive......with the Portsmouth Trojans as a PROUD member of the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League.

Oh, by the way, the last time we were an independent, we played Harrison Central in football......get your Rand McNally out and look where that is......way up in Cadiz........

And in basketball, we travelled to Clinton, Tennessee..........

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

I do know that Chillicothe will play Hamilton Township,Wilmington and Big Walnut as there non-conference schedule in 2009.I really can't see Chillicothe going Independent in any sport,unless they try it in Basketball.The big question,who's going to take the place of Zanesville in 2009? Since,they are just going to pull out of the league just like that.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

With or without Chilli I think the league will be just fine. Is there anything that backs up the claim that they might go indi. in 09 or is it just rumor? :-D :-D :-D

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Army
S

Post by Army »

Orange and Brown wrote:With or without Chilli I think the league will be just fine. Is there anything that backs up the claim that they might go indi. in 09 or is it just rumor? :-D :-D :-D

As stated, don't see it happening myself. Chillicothe will stay even if the SEOAL goes down to 5 teams. But if Portsmouth is one of the 5 and leaves the CAVS will be gone. Of course that is a lot of big ifs. :-D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Army wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:With or without Chilli I think the league will be just fine. Is there anything that backs up the claim that they might go indi. in 09 or is it just rumor? :-D :-D :-D

As stated, don't see it happening myself. Chillicothe will stay even if the SEOAL goes down to 5 teams. But if Portsmouth is one of the 5 and leaves the CAVS will be gone. Of course that is a lot of big ifs. :-D

OK, I thought they seemed happy in the SEOAL. They compete well and have a very respectable fan base. According to some people I've talked to very nice fans. I had to ask because a lot of times What you here or read are just rumors
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

chilli is not going anywhere. the only way chilli would leave the SEOAL would be if the league got down to be 4 teams. because then you run into scheduling conflicts. it would be near impossible to schedule 7 non league games in football. so no chilli isn't going anywhere. these are all just RUMORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

wow army and 2old are about the most annoying posters ive ever seen. army rants and rants and rants with some certainty that he knows every move that will happen withe every team but i do like the support he has for his school(although he does have WAY too much time on his hands) and 2old just seems cocky,pompous, and ignorant

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

well he plays around with what ifs way too much for me and the main thing he does after that is continually brings things up after they should have been dismissed but he deems it necessary to continue

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:Its just Army playing around with "what ifs." Example?

But if Portsmouth is one of the 5 and leaves the CAVS will be gone.

Quote one administration source that states definitively that Chillicothe will definitely leave if the SEOAL goes down to 5 teams. Not just your gut feeling, or what youve heard friends say; but rather someone in authority who is willing to back up your claim.

Hear we go again...just like last night on another forum. You have mis-quoted me again, as usual. I stated, if the SEOAL is 5 teams Chillicothe will stay. Are you with me so far, or do you need to re-read it again. But, if Portsmouth is one of those 5 and goes, leaving just Chillicothe in a SEOAL with Jackson, Logan and your team...that they defeat in several sports, they will most likely will exit. Why would any team want to stay in a league with 4 teams. And have to find 7 non-league games. :roll:

Only you gahs4ever, maybe if you would of been the Ross County Super back in the day, you could've convinced the State not to mandate the consolidations so you could still be out at Centralia talking we will never go away. :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

brutally honest wrote:well he plays around with what ifs way too much for me and the main thing he does after that is continually brings things up after they should have been dismissed but he deems it necessary to continue

TOO BAD :!: :-D

Army
S

Post by Army »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just wondering about the idea of leaving if the SEOAL got down to four teams. Wouldn't looking for 7 games be better than looking for 10 games in football especialy if the three games are in the last part of the schedule. It is hard to find games 6-10 in the state of Ohio from what I have been told without going across state lines. Just a thought. 8)

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

SOME OF YOU CLOWNS TOOK THE WRONG TURN IN YOUR CAREER FIELD :cry:

Return to “Football”