RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep (7-1) @ Ironton (8-0)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:37 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:17 pm

I said it before the game, they needed this type of game. It does wonders for your confidence versus blowing teams out. When you get in that situation and find a way to win it does something to you
Thanks!
I learned thst in the late 70’s when SEO FB started its rise to the finals often.
Perhaps not to K-Land’s consecutive success of recent, but 40-years later, WE ARE BACK & doing ok.

We’ve been gone & patiently watching & waiting to rise..

In the future...

“We’ll show up”!!

#GoTgo
Best of luck moving forward. Our crash course is still on track
We don’t jump those tracks.
1-game/team at a time.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EXCEPT WLR & next Saturday...
I hope all FighTing Tigers are healthy and Tingle From WLR is not injured.

#GoTgo!!!

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:43 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:37 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Thanks!
I learned thst in the late 70’s when SEO FB started its rise to the finals often.
Perhaps not to K-Land’s consecutive success of recent, but 40-years later, WE ARE BACK & doing ok.

We’ve been gone & patiently watching & waiting to rise..

In the future...

“We’ll show up”!!

#GoTgo
Best of luck moving forward. Our crash course is still on track
We don’t jump those tracks.
1-game/team at a time.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EXCEPT WLR & next Saturday...
I hope all FighTing Tigers are healthy and Tingle From WLR is not injured.

#GoTgo!!!
Yes the coaches know that. I’m sure your coach isn’t looking ahead to us any more than our coach is to you guys at this moment. They will both focus on next week but still fun to bring up we are (so far) on track to the possibility of another rematch. I know us Kirtland fans want that game because we think Ironton and us would be the better championship game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

Post by VetteMan »

Co0ngrats Tigers on the win over Harvest Prep.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Just curious, I read where there were 19 players for Harvest Prep that changed Jersey numbers before the game compared to the roster that was passed out, anyone ever here of a Team doing this?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

HP - Irn
First downs 9 14
Rushes-yards 31-45 45-233
Passing yards 105 60
Total yards 150 293
Cmp-Att-Int 9-18-2 5-10-1

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:35 pm Just curious, I read where there were 19 players for Harvest Prep that changed Jersey numbers before the game compared to the roster that was passed out, anyone ever here of a Team doing this?
I’m not sure how many did this, but they def did.
I studied their roster & watched film supplied on calpreps.com. Prior to game.

Many changed numbers and positions based on film.
Several were listed at other schools last year, which is fine w/me.
Some names were listed twice at diff positions & while watching videos, they noticeably changed QB’s several times throughout the year to RB & Vice-versa.
Nothing wrong with thst, b/c they had deep talent and were loaded with athleticism, so they could adapt on the fly to what they wanna do against certain teams approach to them.

They were a very very good team.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:43 am
Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Yeah I agree. Can’t be one dimensional against the tigers like Johnstown unless you’re really good at it and Johnstown is in a down year. Harvest prep is a lot more balanced. Should be able to move the ball a little, but I agree don’t think they threaten the tigers.
love this post. you never seen johnstown play one game, but because they got completely dominated by the fighting tigers, johnstown was having a “down year.” The Johnies got dominated. The team they took to Canton would have gotten dominated by this team. Good luck at West Lafayette. I’d love to see another Pirate and Fighting Tiger matchup
I’ve seen Johnstown play numerous times. They run the same offense every year. They are well coached, but they were 3-2, 11th in harbin points according to joe eitel and just lost pretty good to Cambridge last week a 5-5 d 4 team that got blasted by an average Heath team in the playoffs.

Like I said, you better be really good if you’re one dimensional on offense to beat ironton this year and it’s easy to see Johnstown wasn’t that good in their offense.
Cambridge got blasted by Heath in the playoffs because we had 6 freaking turnovers, lost our QB and RB in the first half. That being said, Heath is an average team.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congratulations and best wishes Ironton!

Return to “Football”