Wellston Coaching Search

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by greygoose »

Calvin wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:39 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:08 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:21 pm

This is just an opinion and not fact.. I feel like when Nolan didn’t get the VC job a few years back, he “retaliated” by taking his kids to Jackson. That rubbed people here massively wrong. That was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Also, to hear him say he is a life long resident of VC isn’t true. He moved to Jackson with the Spires a few years back. Either they moved, or they lied to the OHSAA because there was no penalty of playing time for his son after the move. I just find it all amusing and I LOVE this for the rivalry. The spark is back. Hopefully it’s a week 10 showdown for the conference title. That’d make it even better.
He never "retaliated" when VC was done with him he tried to land the Wellston Job also while trying to get a job with Jackson to coach. Wellston wouldn't come up to what he wanted and Jackson ended up hiring another coach so he took them to Jackson to play. Simple as that if VC didn't want him he had no reason to be at VC while allowing his kids to go there. Had he got the Wellston job back then the kids would've been at Wellston much earlier, instead he didn't so they went to Jackson and he landed a teaching job at Eastern Pike and helped coach there the 1st year and was hired to the staff full time the year after.
Yea but that's no fun to talk about on here. :lol:
This is true, but it's also coming straight from the source.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

He is a good guy-- Just cant coach-- time will tell in Wellston- give it a yr or so. People forget- his kids have been to VC, Meigs, Jackson and now Wellston. Not sure why-- but that would scare me if I were a parent-- stay and build a program-- not run to one!!!!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:46 pm He is a good guy-- Just cant coach-- time will tell in Wellston- give it a yr or so. People forget- his kids have been to VC, Meigs, Jackson and now Wellston. Not sure why-- but that would scare me if I were a parent-- stay and build a program-- not run to one!!!!!
I’m glad coach Yates lives rent free in your head. Lord man.

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

greygoose wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:37 am
The County Resident wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:59 pm
Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:06 pm I don't know why people have a problem with Yates Being the head Coach of Wellston. The Guys wanted to redeem himself for years. and why shouldn't he deserve to do so. It was nice to hear him on the Gold Rush admit that in 2006 to 2009 he was just in over his head. that's how you grow as coach. he has worked at Meigs under a very solid coach and spent a lot of summers at Jackson's workouts learning from one of the best coaches in southeastern Ohio. He will be worlds better now than he was in 2009. just experience alone would tell you that much. And not like VC was beating down his door wanting him to help out. so why not get a head coaching job you can get and earn your stripes. I mean it's not like he was coaching at VC under the now coach and quit to go run to Wellston. that would be a harder pill to swallow. Good luck
I wonder why VC didn’t reach out to Nolan about coaching. Their staff was pretty young last year. He even coached or coached with that entire staff. They all respect him very much. Heard it myself. Which is why he was able to snag VC’s DC from last year.

Nolan is a good coach and even better person. He is the first to tell you about going down to Meigs to coach was one of the best things for him. He’s going to be good at Wellston. Having his two oldest boys helping him coach too will help out a lot. Both of them have multiple years at OU. Even if they had no playing time, the fact they went through those practices and learned those schemes will allow them to spread a lot of knowledge.
VC wanted nothing to do with Yates helping coach there, not sure where that came from. Eastern Pike and VC actually scrimmaged during his time at Eastern Pike and it ended up in shouting war between Yates and some of the VC coaching staff. Yates supposedly wanted no part of it but the young bucks wanted to keep pushing and a situation escalated some 2-3 years ago after he had just left there.
You’re speaking of two completely different coaching staffs. The current staff never argued with Nolan. The young guys on VC’s staff now were all coached by him (Caudill, Ousley, Long, Mendes and Bartoe). I know for a fact they all have love for the whole Yates family. 😂

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think we've all read enough of this nonsense.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”