2020 Chillicothe 30 - 27 Jackson

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: 2020 Chillicothe 30 - 27 Jackson

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Wait, I remember a lot of posters on here after Burg throttled Chillicothe saying how horrible Chilli was. People saying You can't really gauge this Burg team by this win.

Makes that win by the Burg that much bigger now.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:18 am Wait, I remember a lot of posters on here after Burg throttled Chillicothe saying how horrible Chilli was. People saying You can't really gauge this Burg team by this win.

Going by that logic, it makes Waverly's win over Wheelersburg that much bigger. Not really. It was a win that Waverly hadn't had for a good while and it was big. And it was a good win for Chillicothe last night. Congrats to them.
Last edited by old benchwarmer on Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:18 am Wait, I remember a lot of posters on here after Burg throttled Chillicothe saying how horrible Chilli was. People saying You can't really gauge this Burg team by this win.

I think the consensus thought here was that Chillicothe wasn’t even close to what they have been before that Burg game. Then, it seemed that the Burg game just verified those thoughts.

But, that win does look a lot better now, especially for how well Chillicothe has played since then. Great win for the Cavaliers last night!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Thought this was the worse chilli team in 20 years

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 am

Going by that logic, it makes Waverly's win over Wheelersburg that much bigger. Not really. It was a win that Waverly hadn't had for a good while and it was big. And it was a good win for Chillicothe last night. Congrats to them.

It was a HUGE win for Waverly because Waverly wasn't the better team that night. You do realize that if Burg had even scored just a FG right before half that game doesn't even go to OT. Both team squandered scoring opportunities but none bigger than that one for Burg. That's JMO though!!!

The stats were almost dead even in that game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

There is also a lot to say about a week one matchup with no preseason. That Chillicothe/Burg game would probably look a lot different week 6

Just like Unioto/Piketon week 1. We won 44-38 and if we played again week 6 Unioto probably wins that game 66-12 or so.

Grizzly&Gatorade
Waterboy

Post by Grizzly&Gatorade »

Stinks to lose this one, but let’s hope it’s the “butt kick” they need before their run. We’ve gotta tighten up on penalties, turn overs (INTs), and dropped balls.

I also saw some key players on the sideline, during important possessions. If we’re going to break the 2-game hump, they’ll need to be on the field.

I hope we use our bye wisely .. Go Ironmen!!!

buckeye678
Waterboy

Post by buckeye678 »

Congrats to Chillicothe wasn’t expecting them to get the win. What was even more surprising was they seemed to be the more physical team on Friday. They definitely seemed to have that fire in their eyes

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Just want to say congrats to Coach Pryor and the Cavs on an outstanding comeback win. I’m a hoops guy but understand in any sport turnovers and mistakes (penalties) are a big deal. From the 50 yard line seats it looked like Jackson’s run game could not be stopped when running North and South. Their passing game was open quite a bit and the young QB is going to be a stud but the 4 picks were huge. As for the Cavs the bend don’t break D held up in that 4th qtr. and the offensive game plan was outstanding. Chilly had a clear speed advantage and got the ball to players in space. Cam Smith played lights out and though the pass rush was brutal the rollouts, draw plays and a few Mia direction plays slowed the aggressive Ironmen. I thought the Cavs played with great passion and fire and executed the game plan. Both teams can and should get at least 1 win and possible more in the tourney. Good luck to both squads.

Return to “Football”