Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Goodie for Burg. Hopefully they will have someone to play against come August. Don't get your hopes up too high, only to come crashing down.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm
noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:39 pm Didn't think so
Really? :lol: That’s the classic response for someone who can’t explain themselves.

Also, Burg will have practice next week again.
You sound like my wife, always have to have the last word...here it comes... whatever 8-) 8-)

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I just wanted an explanation. You didn't make sense.

Also, burg will have practice until the apocalypse

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

So nobody listened to DeWine talk bout school year ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:19 pm So nobody listened to DeWine talk bout school year ?
I've been in and out all day, County. Didn't catch much of any afternoon TV news today. Working on a tractor. Heat killing me. If I get any info I'll get back with ya. I'm interested as well.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:19 pm So nobody listened to DeWine talk bout school year ?
Apparently he spoke on the need for social distancing, masks, etc..when schools open. He did not lay out specifics of how schools will reopen. Apparently that has been left to the local school boards to decide. Everybody in class daily, alternating in class days with e-learning, all e-learning. Nothing concrete to say whether or not football will happen this fall.

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local ... 424c209b23

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm
I've been in and out all day, County. Didn't catch much of any afternoon TV news today. Working on a tractor. Heat killing me. If I get any info I'll get back with ya. I'm interested as well.

Was hoping it bring back some sensible conversation. Haha.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 pm
Apparently he spoke on the need for social distancing, masks, etc..when schools open. He did not lay out specifics of how schools will reopen. Apparently that has been left to the local school boards to decide. Everybody in class daily, alternating in class days with e-learning, all e-learning. Nothing concrete to say whether or not football will happen this fall.

Yeah I didn’t think he would be addressing any extra curricular activities. But was hoping he lay out something that gave us an idea of what it would be like when schools did open. I guess one things for sure it’s not going to be “normal” by any means. Teachers required to wear masks AND face shields ????

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

??? Any sport this season?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Laid out a program that labels each county with levels based on 7 criteria. Level 1 lowest, 5 highest. Each school district will set its own protocols, state gave baseline requirements on safety, must have a mask protocol, sanitizing etc. Pike and Ross counties level 1, , Scioto 2. Huron was a 4, said there was a large concentration of summer workers who drove numbers up. Hamilton, Cuyahoga, Montgomery, Mahoning, were 4, and Franklin was a 4 heading towards a 5. So, majority of cases on rise and other factors, urban areas. Governor said they would be looking at differences in counties to drive recommendations.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

From what I got a lot of schools are doing a blended schedule. Group A mon and Tues, clean day WED and group B thurs and Friday. Dewine confused me listening to him but I guess up to local schools to implement a plan.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am From what I got a lot of schools are doing a blended schedule. Group A mon and Tues, clean day WED and group B thurs and Friday. Dewine confused me listening to him but I guess up to local schools to implement a plan.
He’s a confused person. Don’t put that on you.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Was hoping it bring back some sensible conversation. Haha.
:) :) :)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks for the info, Omega. I suppose all of it is subject to change. For the good or bad, who knows just yet.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 pm I just wanted an explanation. You didn't make sense.

So will Northwest. It's also really nice having the indoor turf facility to workout in if needed. Some people would have a hard time dealing with that. :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:38 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:14 pm I just wanted an explanation. You didn't make sense.

So will Northwest. It's also really nice having the indoor turf facility to workout in if needed. Some people would have a hard time dealing with that. :lol:
Sweet.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I can see school districts delaying the opening of schools . With the alarming rise of cases going up nation wide. I’ve seen the level 1 and level 2 ( level 3 and level 4) in effect for Ohio now. We are mostly level 1 in Athens, Hocking,Méigs, Washington,Gallia etc. but Lawrence and Scioto in Southern Ohio are Level 2 right now. So if a Scioto or a Lawrence County team plays a team in Level 1 destination will this effect if any sports will be played or will a Level 1 area come into a highly infected area with a Level 2 destination, with percentages higher than where they are. This will,be a highly interested dilemma to follow. How many games might be cancelled or even can you have a 5-7 game season and will playoffs be viable. Or will fall sports be able to have a sustainable season for post season

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:44 am I can see school districts delaying the opening of schools . With the alarming rise of cases going up nation wide. I’ve seen the level 1 and level 2 ( level 3 and level 4) in effect for Ohio now. We are mostly level 1 in Athens, Hocking,Méigs, Washington,Gallia etc. but Lawrence and Scioto in Southern Ohio are Level 2 right now. So if a Scioto or a Lawrence County team plays a team in Level 1 destination will this effect if any sports will be played or will a Level 1 area come into a highly infected area with a Level 2 destination, with percentages higher than where they are. This will,be a highly interested dilemma to follow. How many games might be cancelled or even can you have a 5-7 game season and will playoffs be viable. Or will fall sports be able to have a sustainable season for post season

Great post. Those are the hard questions that need to be resolved before the season starts. Any schedule will become unworkable if teams/school districts are not competing / operating under the set of rules. Given the financial pressure and fear of liability school districts are facing because of the contagion, I am guessing 2020 may be the year without high school football.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:44 am I can see school districts delaying the opening of schools . With the alarming rise of cases going up nation wide. I’ve seen the level 1 and level 2 ( level 3 and level 4) in effect for Ohio now. We are mostly level 1 in Athens, Hocking,Méigs, Washington,Gallia etc. but Lawrence and Scioto in Southern Ohio are Level 2 right now. So if a Scioto or a Lawrence County team plays a team in Level 1 destination will this effect if any sports will be played or will a Level 1 area come into a highly infected area with a Level 2 destination, with percentages higher than where they are. This will,be a highly interested dilemma to follow. How many games might be cancelled or even can you have a 5-7 game season and will playoffs be viable. Or will fall sports be able to have a sustainable season for post season
Let me inform you of your level 1 in Athens and meigs county. I have a buddy who works at the hospital in Athens. Guess how many are in the hospital right now with Covid? 2 people and neither one is or has been critical. Both are in regular rooms getting better. So I asked him what it has been like up there and he Called it a “left wing conspiracy” Now I don’t know if he’s just saying that but here’s a guy that’s been on the front lines in his area, and the hospital at Athens isn’t a small hospital, and he thinks it’s a bunch of crap.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

We will see if the school districts think this a left wing conspiracy, wow, when masks are mandated in Ohio I guess that will be a conspiracy also. When the numbers is rising all across the US this a left wing conspiracy, how do you even respond to this kind of thought process. Everyone has there own thoughts.

Return to “Football”