Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

TVC
Varsity

Re: Marietta/Warren apply for TVC membership

Post by TVC »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm
TVC wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:54 am Let them both in as well as Ravenswood and Fort Frye.

Athens
VC
Marietta
Warren
NY

Alex
Wellston
RV
Meigs
Ravenswood

Waterford
Miller
Trimble
Fort Frye
Belpre

Eastern
Southern
SG
FH
Wahama

Travel times would be great for all. Better than now or equal to current.
NY is D6 but you want them with the big schools?
No I would flip flop Alex and NY however I figure NY would rather be in the big school. Atleast in football they would.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Given that NY has a winning record in football vs. every other school in the TVC (including Warren if Warren is voted back in), NY needs to be in the big school division ---- at least in football. It doesn't make sense for NY to be in a division that includes current Hocking schools in football. NY has totally dominated those schools. NY even has a commanding lead in the all-time series with Trimble. Federal Hocking has beat NY one time ever. In most games with Fed Hock, NY either shut them out or they only scored one TD. Miller has beat NY two times ever. No way NY should ever be in a football division with those two!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

NY vs. the TVC (since NY consolidation in 1967):

Alexander - 46 games played - NY leads all-time series 43-2-1
Athens - 38 games played - NY leads all-time series 22-16
Meigs - 38 games played - NY leads all-time series 24-14
River Valley - 11 games played - NY leads all-time series 9-2
Vinton County - 50 games played - NY leads all-time series 41-9
Wellston - 45 games played - NY leads all-time series 34-11

Belpre - 40 games played - NY leads all-time series 25-15
Eastern - No games played
Federal Hocking - 23 games played - NY leads all-time series 22-1
Miller - 19 games played - NY leads all-time series 17-2
South Gallia - No games played
Southern - 1 game played - NY leads all-time series 1-0
Trimble - 48 games played - NY leads all-time series 31-15-2
Wahama - No games played
Waterford - No games played

Marietta - No games played
Warren - 19 games played - NY leads all-time series 11-7-1

How could the only school in the TVC to not have a losing record vs. any other team in the TVC not be in the big school division?

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

All things considered, I think Warren will (should) get enough votes to get into the TVC Ohio and Marietta won't. This gives the Ohio 8 teams which will end the search for schools having to find a week 5 or later non-conference football game. Plus, they stay as an 8 team division.

The Hocking needs to find another team to give it 10 members and end the same problem of having to find a late season non-conference football game. My suggestions would be to approach Fort Frye since the PVC appears to be dying a slow death like the SEOAL.

I still like the idea of 3 divisions of 6 teams each (5 conference and 5 non-conference games for football and 10 and 10 for most other sports) but I don't see this happening for several reasons, school size, travel concerns etc.

I don't like WV schools in the TVC as the scheduling is a nightmare in almost every sport. I wouldn't vote Wahama out but I wouldn't beg them to stay either if they got a better offer from another conference, which they won't.

Add Warren to the Ohio and approach Fort Frye about coming to the Hocking then close the book on any new additions until somebody leaves for greener pastures.

Plus, I would continue to keep the TVC as a 9-12 conference only. Let the member schools continue to fill their jr high schedules as they see fit but I would encourage them to take part in season ending tourneys for boys and girls basketball, track, golf and girls volleyball. I would hold these at a centrally located TVC school that could host these i.e. Athens and after expenses were all paid, any profits evenly paid out to the schools that took part in said tourneys.

Just my honest opinion.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

The last time Warren approached the TVC, there was no vote. Died for lack if motion. Three divisions will not happen. Too many schools against this. Warren gets voted in I personally will be shocked.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

I hate to say this, but Warren in Football would have trouble winning in the LKC
Little Kanawha Conference in WV all small schools
Williamstown
Ravenswood
St Marys
Doddridge
Roane
Tyler
Braxton
Clay
South Harrison
would all beat Warren every year

Gilmer
Wirt
Parkersburg Catholic
would beat Warren 5 out of 10 years

Ritchie
Calhoun
Warren would probably win 7 out of 10

Warren asking back in the TVC isn't going to help them in Football,
they might get a few Ws, but against smaller schools doesn't help in the long run

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Does anyone really think Ravenswood would ever leave the LKC in WV, to join the TVC in Ohio,
NO WAY this every happens
Last edited by edforshey on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I second what Rockcoach said.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

There will never be another WV school in the TVC The by laws say schools must be members of the OHSAA. Wahama getting in was a mistake. The AD's voted them in. Now the AD's no longer have a vote, the principals votes and they are determined by the superintendents.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Let them in How sweet would it be for the TVC to expand and create a big school division. Add Marietta, Logan Jackson, Warren ,.... add Athens to bigs. This would make the TVC, the premier super conference in SE Ohio

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

edforshey wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:54 pm I hate to say this, but Warren in Football would have trouble winning in the LKC
Little Kanawha Conference in WV all small schools
Williamstown
Ravenswood
St Marys
Doddridge
Roane
Tyler
Braxton
Clay
South Harrison
would all beat Warren every year

Gilmer
Wirt
Parkersburg Catholic
would beat Warren 5 out of 10 years

Ritchie
Calhoun
Warren would probably win 7 out of 10

Warren asking back in the TVC isn't going to help them in Football,
they might get a few Ws, but against smaller schools doesn't help in the long run
While I think it would be a long term turnaround. Being in the league would help Warren in football. It would help them build new rivalries and a league title to shoot for.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
The Little General
Riding the Bench

Post by The Little General »

Fletchlives wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm There will never be another WV school in the TVC The by laws say schools must be members of the OHSAA. Wahama getting in was a mistake. The AD's voted them in. Now the AD's no longer have a vote, the principals votes and they are determined by the superintendents.
The bylaws were rewritten. They now say schools must belong to their respective state associations. The tvc may not ever choose to add another school from WV but the bylaws don’t prevent it.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:07 am Given that NY has a winning record in football vs. every other school in the TVC (including Warren if Warren is voted back in), NY needs to be in the big school division ---- at least in football. It doesn't make sense for NY to be in a division that includes current Hocking schools in football. NY has totally dominated those schools. NY even has a commanding lead in the all-time series with Trimble. Federal Hocking has beat NY one time ever. In most games with Fed Hock, NY either shut them out or they only scored one TD. Miller has beat NY two times ever. No way NY should ever be in a football division with those two!
I totally agree!! NY deserves to be in the big division and should be if it ever comes to that.

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Wasnt the vote this past weekend. Has anyone heard hiw it went

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Shake”N”Bake wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:57 am Wasnt the vote this past weekend. Has anyone heard hiw it went
It is tomorrow.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Let Warren in . Leave Marietta out for they have a league and the matchups ( another college town) makes little sense . Warren would be a reliable member for years . Athens makes little sense for the TVC also. But who would want them?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens has been good for the TVC revenue wise and facilities.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The ECOL is dying for the same reasons the SEOAL died. Marietta won't have a league much longer.

Having said that, I would be surprised if Marietta is voted into the TVC. While I personally wouldn't mind the Tigers being in the TVC, I know that adding two schools is just going to keep the TVC OHIO where it is now in terms of scheduling logistics. We just need to add one more team to not have the scheduling problems, and I believe that Warren is much more likely to be voted in over Marietta. Road trips to Marietta would be nice though --- great facilities and a great town with historic buildings, restaurants, etc. Nice little road trip.

Add one to the TVC OHIO and call it a day. Warren is the best option. Really, one of the only options. Realistically, the only other schools that might make sense in the TVC OHIO in terms of geography would be Gallia Academy or Oak Hill or Fort Frye. And those schools aren't necessarily looking for a new conference, plus Fort Frye may prefer to be in the Hocking with Waterford and Belpre. So maybe Fort Frye is the answer to the Hocking's scheduling problems.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Not to change the subject within this thread, but if anyone from Fort Frye is reading this, if Fort Frye were to join the TVC, would you rather be in the TVC OHIO or TVC HOCKING? In the TVC OHIO, you would be like Nelsonville-York and share the smallest school title with NY. In the TVC HOCKING, you would be the largest school. Like NY, your size straddles you between both.

Kid Green
Waterboy

Post by Kid Green »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:54 pm The ECOL is dying for the same reasons the SEOAL died. Marietta won't have a league much longer.

Having said that, I would be surprised if Marietta is voted into the TVC. While I personally wouldn't mind the Tigers being in the TVC, I know that adding two schools is just going to keep the TVC OHIO where it is now in terms of scheduling logistics. We just need to add one more team to not have the scheduling problems, and I believe that Warren is much more likely to be voted in over Marietta. Road trips to Marietta would be nice though --- great facilities and a great town with historic buildings, restaurants, etc. Nice little road trip.

Add one to the TVC OHIO and call it a day. Warren is the best option. Really, one of the only options. Realistically, the only other schools that might make sense in the TVC OHIO in terms of geography would be Gallia Academy or Oak Hill or Fort Frye. And those schools aren't necessarily looking for a new conference, plus Fort Frye may prefer to be in the Hocking with Waterford and Belpre. So maybe Fort Frye is the answer to the Hocking's scheduling problems.
Bring da Fort in to da Hockn. We be ready for dem to make it even. :mrgreen:

Dat wat da Kid be sayin! :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”