Jackson officially applies to the TVC

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

And I read on here so much about OU coach's sons moving in, yet nobody mentions the ones that move on (Germano, Els, Gdowski, Grooms just to name a few). It goes both ways folks, but go ahead and only mention the ones that move in.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Who cares who moves in and out . Athens was awesome last year. Now it's 2015 . A for why Athens left the seoal , I'm sure they're Is several reasons. Competition being one of them in sure as well as travel. I hope they give jackson and warren the same chance .

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

6-4-3=2o wrote:And I read on here so much about OU coach's sons moving in, yet nobody mentions the ones that move on (Germano, Els, Gdowski, Grooms just to name a few). It goes both ways folks, but go ahead and only mention the ones that move in.
Athens has lost a lot more than its gained from ou. Reason Athens got bad after Grant, Athens lost 1st team all state Qb, RB, and LB in Texas. A d2 college Qb that moved to Fresno California and a 6'7 sg that moved back to African. Athens has now lost 6'4 Stewart and 6'6 Watson. If they were on Athens, this would be the start of three year state run and Logan is complaining about long bus rides lol

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
6-4-3=2o wrote:And I read on here so much about OU coach's sons moving in, yet nobody mentions the ones that move on (Germano, Els, Gdowski, Grooms just to name a few). It goes both ways folks, but go ahead and only mention the ones that move in.
Athens has lost a lot more than its gained from ou. Reason Athens got bad after Grant, Athens lost 1st team all state Qb, RB, and LB in Texas. A d2 college Qb that moved to Fresno California and a 6'7 sg that moved back to African. Athens has now lost 6'4 Stewart and 6'6 Watson. If they were on Athens, this would be the start of three year state run and Logan is complaining about long bus rides lol

Traditionally , as far as football goes, there is no comparison between Athens and Logan. These guys that come on here and post opinions, including myself, we don't represent these schools.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Paladin wrote:From the reactions. it appears the inferiority complex is in full bloom. Never fails ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I figured that was your problem. Got your asssk ran out of SE Ohio and now your small man syndrome is kicking in. :lol:

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Paladin wrote:FOOL................. Athens got better with move in coaches sons at O.U. FACT

Without them, Athens was nothing
This happens all over the state and country for that matter. Kids move in to new schools when there parents get new jobs.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

G.W.A. wrote:
Paladin wrote:FOOL................. Athens got better with move in coaches sons at O.U. FACT

This happens all over the state and country for that matter. Kids move in to new schools when there parents get new jobs.
Paladin and others who consistently harp on this are too dense in the head to understand this, so to them, it only happens at Athens.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

6-4-3=2o wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:

Paladin and others who consistently harp on this are too dense in the head to understand this, so to them, it only happens at Athens.
Man get a life this is about Jackson!

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

You're right, but this thread hasn't been about Jackson the last 20 posts or so. No thread ever gets off topic.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

You nailed it. Athens has done an amazing job of recruiting Coaches for Ohio University. The OU Athletic Director made sure the Coaches he Hired had Sons in the 12-18 Age Range so he could help Athens with their High school Football Team...OU must seek Athens advice just like OSU must seek ol' Paladin's advice on D1 Talent...lol

F-or every Coaching Family Gained, there is a Coaching Family Lost.
A-thens isn't the only school in Athens County who gains from Ohio University (see Alexander State Championship Team Volleyball).
C-oaching is what turned Athens around.
T-VC teams have won a State Championship (Wahama), and played for a State Championship (Athens/Trimble) over the last three seasons...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

questionmark wrote:

You nailed it. Athens has done an amazing job of recruiting Coaches for Ohio University. The OU Athletic Director made sure the Coaches he Hired had Sons in the 12-18 Age Range so he could help Athens with their High school Football Team...OU must seek Athens advice just like OSU must seek ol' Paladin's advice on D1 Talent...lol

A-thens isn't the only school in Athens County who gains from Ohio University (see Alexander State Championship Team Volleyball).
T-VC teams have won a State Championship (Wahama), and played for a State Championship (Athens/Trimble) over the last three seasons...

Paladin does that for Youngstown State

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

questionmark wrote:

Here you go again disrespecting the1981 State Football Champs Nelsonville-York Buckeyes TVC TOTAL DISRESPECT!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Back to the topic... IS there a chance of Jackson getting in the TVC or are they just wasting their time??

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Back to the topic... IS there a chance of Jackson getting in the TVC or are they just wasting their time??
Just like a cold day in ?????

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

LHS 72 wrote: Here you go again disrespecting the1981 State Football Champs Nelsonville-York Buckeyes TVC TOTAL DISRESPECT!
There was no disrespect for NY in the above post. I was simply stating that in the past 3 years the TVC has had a Team playing for a State Championship. My father is a Graduate of Nelsonville-York, there is Buckeye and Tomcat Blood in this Bulldog...C'mon Man!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Just to try to steer this back on topic...

Any school that applies to the TVC should NOT be looked at from a football or boys sports only viewpoint. But sadly, I know it is.

Yes, TVC schools have won 2 state championships in football. Nelsonville-York in 1981 and Wahama in 2012. (Regardless of what state you win it in, you are that state's best). The TVC also has 2 football state runners up in Trimble (2013) and Athens (2014).

On the girls side there have also been 2 state championships won by TVC member schools.

Volleyball - Alexander in 2008. I will add that they were state runners up in 2007 and lost in the Final Four to the eventual state champs in 2006.

Girls basketball - Eastern in 2014. They also made the Final Four in 2013.

Adding other quality schools such as Jackson and maybe bringing Warren back into the fold will certainly only strengthen the TVC Ohio especially and the TVC in general in both boys and girls sports. Isn't that what adding a new member should do? And shouldn't we look at ALL sports, not just football, regardless of gender?

One sport or only one gender shouldn't be the deciding factor in conference expansion.

Just my honest opinion.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Mister B wrote:Just to try to steer this back on topic...

Any school that applies to the TVC should NOT be looked at from a football or boys sports only viewpoint. But sadly, I know it is.

Yes, TVC schools have won 2 state championships in football. Nelsonville-York in 1981 and Wahama in 2012. (Regardless of what state you win it in, you are that state's best). The TVC also has 2 football state runners up in Trimble (2013) and Athens (2014).

On the girls side there have also been 2 state championships won by TVC member schools.

Volleyball - Alexander in 2008. I will add that they were state runners up in 2007 and lost in the Final Four to the eventual state champs in 2006.

Adding other quality schools such as Jackson and maybe bringing Warren back into the fold will certainly only strengthen the TVC Ohio especially and the TVC in general in both boys and girls sports. Isn't that what adding a new member should do? And shouldn't we look at ALL sports, not just football, regardless of gender?

One sport or only one gender shouldn't be the deciding factor in conference expansion.

Just my honest opinion.
What an outstanding opinion!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Completely agree Mr B.

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

Just my honest opinion.
Wahama was also State RunnersUp in 2010.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Just my honest opinion.
An excellent opinion and I couldn't agree more.

Return to “Football”