Jackson 15 Gallia Academy 9

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson (2-0) vs Gallia Academy (2-0)

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 pm
ironman02 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:58 pm Gallia Academy's enrollment for boys is 234.

Jackson's enrollment for boys is 289.

https://ohsaa.org/school-resources/school-enrollment
No need for facts on here
Actually, after competitive balance, Jackson is 304 and Gallia 234. Difference of 70. Adding South Gallia to Gallia Academy would be roughly the same size of Jackson.

https://ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Sports/Foot ... egions.pdf

That’s fine, bring South Gallia too. Those other 70 are distributed between those who don’t play sports, football, band, soccer, golf, XC. We have around 75 boys in the band....2 are members of the football team and get mainly jv reps.

Just play the incredibly weak numbers card, it’s a great built in excuse. We’ll use the we’re a little community of Irish descent and our athletes are usually 5’10 4.8 guys. Burg cracks us most every year and they have way smaller numbers. If numbers were so critical we wouldn’t have 1 trip to the Convo in 35 years.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Jackson St. Vincent St. Mary - 27
Gallia Academy - 21

:)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

ironman02 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 pm Actually, after competitive balance, Jackson is 304 and Gallia 234.
Thanks for pointing out the competitive balance adjustment to the enrollment. I honestly had forgotten that they were doing that now.

Gallia Academy's enrollment has definitely decreased since the days that they were in the same region with Jackson. I'd be willing to bet that the football rosters have roughly the same amount of kids in Grades 10-12, but Jackson does have a larger population to choose from. It's not a 150 person difference though.
I’d imagine that some kids were lost to South Gallia when they opened in the late 90’s but you are right, there are quite a few schools that have gotten smaller steadily over the last 15 years or so.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 pm

No need for facts on here
Actually, after competitive balance, Jackson is 304 and Gallia 234. Difference of 70. Adding South Gallia to Gallia Academy would be roughly the same size of Jackson.

That’s fine, bring South Gallia too. Those other 70 are distributed between those who don’t play sports, football, band, soccer, golf, XC. We have around 75 boys in the band....2 are members of the football team and get mainly jv reps.

Just play the incredibly weak numbers card, it’s a great built in excuse. We’ll use the we’re a little community of Irish descent and our athletes are usually 5’10 4.8 guys. Burg cracks us most every year and they have way smaller numbers. If numbers were so critical we wouldn’t have 1 trip to the Convo in 35 years.
I’m not playing the numbers card. Frankly, I don’t really care how many students either school has, I was just stating the correct numbers in terms of enrollment since it has been previously discussed in this thread. I’d imagine Jackson won’t have much trouble with Gallia. Throw in South Gallia and River Valley both and Jackson would probably still win. Good luck Friday to both teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:08 pm
ironman02 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 pm Actually, after competitive balance, Jackson is 304 and Gallia 234.
Thanks for pointing out the competitive balance adjustment to the enrollment. I honestly had forgotten that they were doing that now.

Gallia Academy's enrollment has definitely decreased since the days that they were in the same region with Jackson. I'd be willing to bet that the football rosters have roughly the same amount of kids in Grades 10-12, but Jackson does have a larger population to choose from. It's not a 150 person difference though.
I’d imagine that some kids were lost to South Gallia when they opened in the late 90’s but you are right, there are quite a few schools that have gotten smaller steadily over the last 15 years or so.
For a lot of different reasons

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gameday. Hope everyone stays healthy today. Go big blue... I believe....

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Here we go Devils!!!! Whoop those Ironmen!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:03 am Here we go Devils!!!! Whoop those Ironmen!!
Nope.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The calm before the storm. I look for Jackson to pound Spires/Yates/Graham/Haller most of the night. Ice will keep a few and throw a few. Each game so far they’ve had a drive killing penalty, hoping that doesn’t happen. The defense is going to put a hurting on players with the ball, they just will. I’ll be surprised is Gallia Academy scores more than 2 TD on offense. If special team coverage contains their lanes and Gallia defense doesn’t gain a pick 6...I don’t think Gallia Academy surpasses 14 points. I don’t believe Gallia defense can hold Jackson to less than 20 on offense. So if turnover differential
Is within 1 and no special team TD...I see Jackson winning by 2 TD+......defensive TD or special team TD can give Gallia a chance.

Game Day Prediction:

Jackson 33
Gallia Academy 14

Go Ironmen!

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 pm

I’m not playing the numbers card. Frankly, I don’t really care how many students either school has, I was just stating the correct numbers in terms of enrollment since it has been previously discussed in this thread. I’d imagine Jackson won’t have much trouble with Gallia. Throw in South Gallia and River Valley both and Jackson would probably still win. Good luck Friday to both teams.
It would be better with Gallia Academy, River Valley, and South Gallia as one county school. Gallia County High school
Without competitive balance enrollment: 512
With competitive balance enrollment: 532
I would say athletics would be good and competitive.
Then Jackson, Wellston, and Oak Hill formed Jackson County High school.
Without Competitive Balance:621
With competitive Balance: 652

So would you agree or not, that would be some very good football as well also in other athletics between the two schools and the facilities they both would have. I would love to see that happen. But it’s not going to.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:54 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:13 pm

It would be better with Gallia Academy, River Valley, and South Gallia as one county school. Gallia County High school
Without competitive balance enrollment: 512
With competitive balance enrollment: 532
I would say athletics would be good and competitive.
Then Jackson, Wellston, and Oak Hill formed Jackson County High school.
Without Competitive Balance:621
With competitive Balance: 652

So would you agree or not, that would be some very good football as well also in other athletics between the two schools and the facilities they both would have. I would love to see that happen. But it’s not going to.
Game Day man! Stay focused lol

BlueLion4Life
Freshman Team

Post by BlueLion4Life »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 am
BlueLion4Life wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:03 am Here we go Devils!!!! Whoop those Ironmen!!
Nope.
It has been a lot of fun badgering each other over the last week!! I'm looking forward to the game tonight!! Regardless of the outcome I wish the Ironmen a great season and hopefully both teams will be playing week 11.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Like to say hi to 02 and all my jackson friends, ( not sure I have many friends).. not going to bore you all with competitive balance numbers, I think it's a crock anyway. I am not one that loves my wine and cheese so not going to complain about enrollment numbers.. fact is gallia agreed to play jackson, you can't agree to play someone and then complain about one school being bigger. Gallia is bigger than 7 schools on there schedule, that should translate to at least 7 wins this season. When my son played it was the Ironton game that gave us an indication of how good we were, this year I believe that game is jackson. One thing for sure the blue will not be intimidated by jackson, we will give a100 % effort and that is all you can ask of our team.. I can see gallia winning in a close game or loosing by 30 or more..... gallia needs to improve on special teams and play a near perfect game to win...hope both teams play a safe and injury free game.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BlueLion4Life wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:09 am
Nope.
It has been a lot of fun badgering each other over the last week!! I'm looking forward to the game tonight!! Regardless of the outcome I wish the Ironmen a great season and hopefully both teams will be playing week 11.
You have been good...most from Gallia have been good. It used to get pretty hostile on here back in the day. I will root for an injury free game, an injury free season for Gallia, 7 wins and a 9th place finish in the region. :P

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

superblue wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:38 pm Like to say hi to 02 and all my jackson friends, ( not sure I have many friends).. not going to bore you all with competitive balance numbers, I think it's a crock anyway. I am not one that loves my wine and cheese so not going to complain about enrollment numbers.. fact is gallia agreed to play jackson, you can't agree to play someone and then complain about one school being bigger. Gallia is bigger than 7 schools on there schedule, that should translate to at least 7 wins this season. When my son played it was the Ironton game that gave us an indication of how good we were, this year I believe that game is jackson. One thing for sure the blue will not be intimidated by jackson, we will give a100 % effort and that is all you can ask of our team.. I can see gallia winning in a close game or loosing by 30 or more..... gallia needs to improve on special teams and play a near perfect game to win...hope both teams play a safe and injury free game.....
Back just in time! Good post

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Hey 92, remember when this game use to be the #1 game in our area? We use to have 12 pages or so by Sunday evening... those were the good old days. .

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Man oh man. I didn’t realize it.. but this is actually a big game. It has probably been 5 years since the blue devils have played in a big game let alone win one. Luckily I have had a light day at work and running a few errands and people in Gallipolis actually know there is a game tonight and people are talking about it.

Maybe I have drank too much city water this week or McDonald’s is putting something in there sweet tea. But the longer the day goes on. I think the devils may have something for the Ironmen tonight. I think the blue devils come with a great game plan an escape 24 to 21.

And hang a loss on Jackson to end the series...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

superblue wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:59 pm Hey 92, remember when this game use to be the #1 game in our area? We use to have 12 pages or so by Sunday evening... those were the good old days. .
It was very big. Some nowadays do t understand how big of a rivalry Jackson/Gallia Academy was. A ton of posterson here and the huddle going back and forth hard....a couple I could not stand lol.

If Jackson plays well and wins...I have a nice jab ready that is from about 15 years ago lol

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

15 years ago should be in my son's time frame, probably be directed at me for something stupid I said...lol

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I worry about giving up a big play on kick/punt coverage, we have been blessed to have a run of kickers that could put it into the end zone for a touch back for several years now. This year that is a little different for us. Sounds like Gallia has some kids that can make a return exciting.

Jackson is fundamental in their technique and always physical at the ball offensively and defensively. Over the course of the game that typically works in our favor.

Ironmen 35
Gallia 17

Go Red!

Return to “Football”