Vinton Co. Coaching Search - 2015

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Re: Vinton Co. Coaching Search - 2015

Post by drunkone »

Me and Kenny came up with our own short list of candidates at the moose the other night. We know the admin at VC aint sharp enough to hire these guys but they are the names we feel give us the best chance to win and win big:

1. The guy from waterford that everyone over their says is a "proven winner".

2. Howzie Chadwell - I know. A basketball coach. But the guy wins in basketball. Won at volleyball. Won at softball. Is there anything he cant coach?

3. Dutch - the guy gets kids to run through walls.

4. Howzie Junior - This guy is a winner too. He just cant beat his Daddy.

5. Nelsonvilles old coach - Kevin something?

6. Koondogger - building a JH dynasty in glouster is why they have done so well lately. Maybe he could do the same for us.

Any of these hired will take us to heights we havent even considered.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Ground Buck wrote:In order to stick with the catchy name theme that many districts are going with when hiring a coach these days, I think VC should dub the new coach, no matter who it is, Train Wreck. I mean, who could ask for a more catchy name? AND it fits the process and program at VC. :mrgreen:
I like Cluster F--k better. That's really catchy. :122246

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

For those that know me, know I have stayed out of the banter, for several reasons. First and foremost, I have two very dear friends and one I would consider a close friend on the committee. Also, some of the candidates I would considered friends. Secondly, the decision that is going to be made is a difficult one. Because, my three friends are determined to make the most appropriate choice, hopefully, move the program in the right direction, and they are not taking that lightly. Their decision could effect the program for seasons to come and they want to get it right. Lastly, no one really cares what I have to say anyways. Guys like Dundas, Ty Webb, and heck Kenny carries more weight than I.

I only wanted to say this...I have not been able to talk to my friends. I do not want to bother them at this difficult time. I do not want to put them in a position that they ask or I give my opinion. I am staying out of it. However, I know this, you may make light of this, you can call it whatever you want, "train wreck" or whatever Mr. Binary, that is your right. But the people I know, I have complete and unsolicited faith in their ability to make the best decision possible. The people I know are caring, educated, and motivated individuals tasked with a very difficult job and I believe it is wearing on them. So please, consider this when typing the next tongue-in-cheek remark or clever retort.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Binary wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:In order to stick with the catchy name theme that many districts are going with when hiring a coach these days, I think VC should dub the new coach, no matter who it is, Train Wreck. I mean, who could ask for a more catchy name? AND it fits the process and program at VC. :mrgreen:
As we can all see, the most important detail about the new hire here is what to call the new coach. I think we need to get some input from the SEOPS Nation, so let's have at it. Some ground rules first though.

1. The name needs to be real catchy. Something that, as it stands alone, immediately identifies that coach, and only that coach.

2. No swear words please. I know, I know Binary had a good idea, but we want the name to be appropriate in all settings, so we need to stick to this rule.

3. No repeats. Here is a list of names already used in the past, so let's come up with a new one:

Dutch, Clutch, Justy, Rusty, Dusty, Buster, Busty, Howy, Howdy, Howzie, Koondogger, Koondog, Chief Koondog, Chief, Gambler, Sampler, Cadillac.

Those are ones I remember, but there could be more. So now have at it, let's hear them fellas. :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

hawkeyepierce wrote:For those that know me, know I have stayed out of the banter, for several reasons. First and foremost, I have two very dear friends and one I would consider a close friend on the committee. Also, some of the candidates I would considered friends. Secondly, the decision that is going to be made is a difficult one. Because, my three friends are determined to make the most appropriate choice, hopefully, move the program in the right direction, and they are not taking that lightly. Their decision could effect the program for seasons to come and they want to get it right. Lastly, no one really cares what I have to say anyways. Guys like Dundas, Ty Webb, and heck Kenny carries more weight than I.

I only wanted to say this...I have not been able to talk to my friends. I do not want to bother them at this difficult time. I do not want to put them in a position that they ask or I give my opinion. I am staying out of it. However, I know this, you may make light of this, you can call it whatever you want, "train wreck" or whatever Mr. Binary, that is your right. But the people I know, I have complete and unsolicited faith in their ability to make the best decision possible. The people I know are caring, educated, and motivated individuals tasked with a very difficult job and I believe it is wearing on them. So please, consider this when typing the next tongue-in-cheek remark or clever retort.
That sir is why you are such an upstanding person and one who commands a great deal of respect. Guys like binary are just a$$'es

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Thank you Mr. Pot.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ground Buck wrote:
Binary wrote:
As we can all see, the most important detail about the new hire here is what to call the new coach. I think we need to get some input from the SEOPS Nation, so let's have at it. Some ground rules first though.

1. The name needs to be real catchy. Something that, as it stands alone, immediately identifies that coach, and only that coach.

2. No swear words please. I know, I know Binary had a good idea, but we want the name to be appropriate in all settings, so we need to stick to this rule.

3. No repeats. Here is a list of names already used in the past, so let's come up with a new one:

Dutch, Clutch, Justy, Rusty, Dusty, Buster, Busty, Howy, Howdy, Howzie, Koondogger, Koondog, Chief Koondog, Chief, Gambler, Sampler, Cadillac.

Those are ones I remember, but there could be more. So now have at it, let's hear them fellas. :mrgreen:
Or not.... :roll:

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

hawkeyepierce wrote:For those that know me, know I have stayed out of the banter, for several reasons. First and foremost, I have two very dear friends and one I would consider a close friend on the committee. Also, some of the candidates I would considered friends. Secondly, the decision that is going to be made is a difficult one. Because, my three friends are determined to make the most appropriate choice, hopefully, move the program in the right direction, and they are not taking that lightly. Their decision could effect the program for seasons to come and they want to get it right. Lastly, no one really cares what I have to say anyways. Guys like Dundas, Ty Webb, and heck Kenny carries more weight than I.

Wearing on them? You act like your community should feel sorry for the committee. They chose to be on the committee in order to do what's right FOR THE KIDS. Instead, 4 weeks after the application deadline and interviews they let a guy they work with put his name in the mix. And I'm sure this guy will get the job. Politics continue to make the decisions there to benefit the higher up rather than benefiting the KIDS. This is why VC has struggled for years and will continue to struggle. If the person that is hired that I'm sure will, and they continue to struggle, then the committee is at fault for letting this guy get in the hiring mix 4 weeks after the deadline. The people know that he is not the most qualified, experienced, or best person for the job, so why let him get in hiring process and hire him? Because it will be for the wrong reasons. I'm sorry I'm talking about your "3 best friends" and that their under so much stress and its "wearing on them", but its the facts and it's sad. I thought Wellston was bad

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Mr. Louie, first, they did not "...CHOSE..." nor did they volunteered, they were asked. They have taken this endeavor seriously. But for whatever reason or reasons, and other people can speculate, the hiring process has hit a snag. Secondly, as far as I know, and no one has confirmed this, they did not "...let a guy they work with put his name in the mix..." Now, I may be a dumb kid from Union Ridge, but I think decisions like that are done at a higher level. Again, I do not know what is really going on, I try not to ask, or speculate, The Good Lord knows I could match wits with some of the Einsteins on here, but I will not participate. Like I said, I know the individuals on the committee and know them to be "...caring, educated, and motivated..." and I would entrust them with my family, my checkbook, and my life. If that means anything to you? It does to me.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Thank you Mr. Pot.
There you go Hawk, your getting into it now. I think your choice could be the winner of Bucks catchy name contest right there. How bout give him a first name too? What do you think about this? VC fans we would like to introduce our new football coach, Mr. Smoke Pot? :mrgreen:

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

If the committee had an aplication window and after the window closed, someone was sought after to apply for the job, the committee must not have thought much of their pool of potential coaches. If they thought they had a quality pool of applicants, they would have followed through with the said application window. If a coworker of a committee member applies late (AFTER the window was closed AND WAS sought out by a committe member) then thats crap.

If the window was closed and they opened it up and let someone apply, then that is a slap in the face to the entire pool of applicants and the entire process that they have set out to follow!

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

I feel better about my decision to open enroll my kids!

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

louie_15 wrote:

Wearing on them? You act like your community should feel sorry for the committee. They chose to be on the committee in order to do what's right FOR THE KIDS. Instead, 4 weeks after the application deadline and interviews they let a guy they work with put his name in the mix. And I'm sure this guy will get the job. Politics continue to make the decisions there to benefit the higher up rather than benefiting the KIDS. This is why VC has struggled for years and will continue to struggle. If the person that is hired that I'm sure will, and they continue to struggle, then the committee is at fault for letting this guy get in the hiring mix 4 weeks after the deadline. The people know that he is not the most qualified, experienced, or best person for the job, so why let him get in hiring process and hire him? Because it will be for the wrong reasons. I'm sorry I'm talking about your "3 best friends" and that their under so much stress and its "wearing on them", but its the facts and it's sad. I thought Wellston was bad
You are right.....wellston is a dump. The best thing about people from wellston is that they have jackson written on ther license plates.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Ground Buck wrote:
Binary wrote:

How about DustBuster? Maybe he will sweep the league every year!

Or KoonBuster?

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Here is my submission to the name contest-

Brick Walls

He will win cause it's not just a name, he gets players to run through them. Now that's your winner folks.

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

What about Gilligans Koondog as the mascot for the team next year?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

The front runners for the Catchy Name Contest so far are listed below in no particular order:

Smoke Pot - by Hawkeye Pierce and Binary

Just Anass - by Pol Pot

Stress Wearing - by Louie_15

Vol N. Teer - by Hawkeye Pierce

O. Penroll - by Wrestlerfan1

Dust Buster - by Wellston Ironman

Brick Walls - by Amarranavajas

How about everyone voting on those 7 and we can award a winner in the end? :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

are you saying late in april they still don't have a coach in place.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's devastating to a program.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:are you saying late in april they still don't have a coach in place.

Yes and the earliest will be April 15th. That's the next board meeting.

Return to “Football”