#8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: #8 Coal Grove (6-3) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Post by fuzzhead »

This, like many games over the last 4 years or so, is an opportunity for Coal Grove to climb over the hump and prove to the area that they have returned to prominence as a legitimate contender and not a mere also-ran. Coal Grove hasn't been able to beat the best (or even 2nd-best) the SOC has had to offer though they've come close on a few occasions. Here is another golden opportunity. The Hornets have shown that they can get to the playoffs consistently. Now it's time to show they belong.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fuzzhead wrote:This, like many games over the last 4 years or so, is an opportunity for Coal Grove to climb over the hump and prove to the area that they have returned to prominence as a legitimate contender and not a mere also-ran. Coal Grove hasn't been able to beat the best (or even 2nd-best) the SOC has had to offer though they've come close on a few occasions. Here is another golden opportunity. The Hornets have shown that they can get to the playoffs consistently. Now it's time to show they belong.
I agree. Going back through the Valley vs CG and Minford vs CG series they have been competitive, but they havent won. I think a CG win tomorrow night would really give that program a boost.

We always get along Fuzz and I hope you dont take offense to this, but I just dont think CG is good enough to pull off the win tomorrow night, although I expect a very competitive game if CG can eliminate their turnovers and create a few big plays.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

The Indians remain undefeated

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I am afraid that Grove remains what they are until....Nice liitle QB...Saw him play.

RollTribe09
Waterboy

Post by RollTribe09 »

I've noticed that the last couple weeks, even with valley being 8-0 and then 9-0 that the stands aren't full like in years past. I know we have a very large stadium, but will tomorrow be standing room only? Nothing gets players pumped more than standing in the Indian Head and seeing people 5 deep standing and The Prison rocking.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I think the rain has kept some away from the game the last two weeks. Especially those with kids

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

RollTribe09 wrote:I've noticed that the last couple weeks, even with valley being 8-0 and then 9-0 that the stands aren't full like in years past. I know we have a very large stadium, but will tomorrow be standing room only? Nothing gets players pumped more than standing in the Indian Head and seeing people 5 deep standing and The Prison rocking.
I think weather played a factor for sure....with two other area teams having home games tonight, you're not as likely to see as big of a crowd as last year's playoff game @ home. Coal Grove didnt bring much in week 3, maybe the playoffs will bring some more Grovers out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M VERY EXCITED TO TAKE THIS GAME IN TONIGHT, AS A TIGER FAN, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG HERE. I DIG BOTH THESE PROGRAMS, AND WITH IRONTON DROPPING TO D5 NEXT YEAR, HOPE TO BE SEEING MORE OF THEM IN YEARS TO COME. AFTER LIVING FOR 50 YEARS IN LAWRENCE COUNTY I HAVE WAY MORE FRIENDS HERE FROM COAL GROVE, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CLOSET FAN OF THEIRS,AND THEIR ROUGH AND TOUGH FOOTBALL WAYS. THEIR GRIND IT OUT SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL, STOP ME IF YOU CAN STYLE. HAS MIRRORED THE IRONTON STYLE OF FOOTBALL ALL ALONG. HERE WE COME, TRY TO STOP IT.THE GROVERS HAVE PUT TOGETHER ANOTHER AWESOME YEAR OF FOOTBALL AGAIN, AND THIS PROMISES TO BE A DANDY.ONE THING FOR SURE I'M GONNA PARK THE BAITMOBILE THERE FRIDAY AT ''THE PRISON''
GOOD LUCK TO THE MIGHTY COAL GROVE HORNETS.

THEN HERE COMES VALLEY, THE SEXY LOOKING UNIFORMS. THE HAPPY GO LUCKY ATTITUDE. PLAYING HARDNOSED FOOTBALL NOW. GOING INTO PLACES LIKE PORTSMOUTH, WHEELERSBURG, MINFORD, PIKETON, AND KICKING BUTT AND TAKING NAMES. EXPECTING TO BEAT EVERYBODY AND PUT THEIR STAMP ON SOUTHEASTERN OHIO FOOTBALL ROYALTY. COACH CRAB HAS THIS BUNCH JAMMING.I SAW THEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO IN LANCASTER AS THEY PLAYED CENTERBURG OR CENTERVILLE, NOT SURE. BUT I FELL FOR THEM TOO, GREAT CROWD, AND FANS, MET A BUNCH OF THEIR POSTERS HERE ONE NIGHT AT A GET TOGETHER AT SEOP GET TOGETHER , HADDA GREAT TIME , ALMOST WON A CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT, AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BUNCH AS WELL.

BOTTOM LINE YOU CAN'T GO WRONG IN THIS ONE COAL GROVE IS THE ONLY PLAYOFF REP FROM THE OVC, AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE SOC HAS EVERYBODY REPRESENTED. I TRULEY DIG BOTH THESE PROGRAMS, I GOT TO SEE VALLEY/MINFORD LAST WEEK. FANS MAY THINK OLE BAIT IS CRAZY TONIGHT, BECAUSE I'M ROOTING FOR BOTH TEAMS.I REALLY AM.I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHICH SIDE TO SET ON.I REALLY DON'T BUT THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME. GREAT ATMOSPHERE THERE. AND THE WINNER WILL ADVANCE TO PLAY THE WINNER , OF OAK HILL/WHEELERSBURG. EXCITING TIMES INDEED , IN SOUTH EASTERN OHIO FOOTBALL. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY, AND I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS INJURY FREE GAMES AS WELL.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'M VERY EXCITED TO TAKE THIS GAME IN TONIGHT, AS A TIGER FAN, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG HERE. I DIG BOTH THESE PROGRAMS, AND WITH IRONTON DROPPING TO D5 NEXT YEAR, HOPE TO BE SEEING MORE OF THEM IN YEARS TO COME. AFTER LIVING FOR 50 YEARS IN LAWRENCE COUNTY I HAVE WAY MORE FRIENDS HERE FROM COAL GROVE, AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A CLOSET FAN OF THEIRS,AND THEIR ROUGH AND TOUGH FOOTBALL WAYS. THEIR GRIND IT OUT SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL, STOP ME IF YOU CAN STYLE. HAS MIRRORED THE IRONTON STYLE OF FOOTBALL ALL ALONG. HERE WE COME, TRY TO STOP IT.THE GROVERS HAVE PUT TOGETHER ANOTHER AWESOME YEAR OF FOOTBALL AGAIN, AND THIS PROMISES TO BE A DANDY.ONE THING FOR SURE I'M GONNA PARK THE BAITMOBILE THERE FRIDAY AT ''THE PRISON''
GOOD LUCK TO THE MIGHTY COAL GROVE HORNETS.

THEN HERE COMES VALLEY, THE SEXY LOOKING UNIFORMS. THE HAPPY GO LUCKY ATTITUDE. PLAYING HARDNOSED FOOTBALL NOW. GOING INTO PLACES LIKE PORTSMOUTH, WHEELERSBURG, MINFORD, PIKETON, AND KICKING BUTT AND TAKING NAMES. EXPECTING TO BEAT EVERYBODY AND PUT THEIR STAMP ON SOUTHEASTERN OHIO FOOTBALL ROYALTY. COACH CRAB HAS THIS BUNCH JAMMING.I SAW THEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO IN LANCASTER AS THEY PLAYED CENTERBURG OR CENTERVILLE, NOT SURE. BUT I FELL FOR THEM TOO, GREAT CROWD, AND FANS, MET A BUNCH OF THEIR POSTERS HERE ONE NIGHT AT A GET TOGETHER AT SEOP GET TOGETHER , HADDA GREAT TIME , ALMOST WON A CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT, AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BUNCH AS WELL.

BOTTOM LINE YOU CAN'T GO WRONG IN THIS ONE COAL GROVE IS THE ONLY PLAYOFF REP FROM THE OVC, AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE SOC HAS EVERYBODY REPRESENTED. I TRULEY DIG BOTH THESE PROGRAMS, I GOT TO SEE VALLEY/MINFORD LAST WEEK. FANS MAY THINK OLE BAIT IS CRAZY TONIGHT, BECAUSE I'M ROOTING FOR BOTH TEAMS.I REALLY AM.I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHICH SIDE TO SET ON.I REALLY DON'T BUT THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME. GREAT ATMOSPHERE THERE. AND THE WINNER WILL ADVANCE TO PLAY THE WINNER , OF OAK HILL/WHEELERSBURG. EXCITING TIMES INDEED , IN SOUTH EASTERN OHIO FOOTBALL. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY, AND I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS INJURY FREE GAMES AS WELL.
Not trying to correct you YTB, but the winner of this game will get the winner of the Wynford/Loudonville, then hopefully Burg and Oak Hill will still be in the picture. Lets just cross our fingers. I agree with you that tonights game will be very good with a great atmosphere.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

as i said , in another thread, please excuse me, i've taken repeated blows with blunt objects about the head and face area for too many years.and frankly having trouble remembering anything. :aaaaa21

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I CERTAINLY HAVE NO TROUBLE BEING CORRECTED, AND FRANKLY COUNT ON IT, TO KEEP ME STRUCTURED.

Ichthus
Waterboy

Post by Ichthus »

GREAT POST BAIT!!! We have A LOT to be proud of in our area! Many great schools and athletic programs! A Whole lot to root for! Congrats on last nights victory and GOOOO TRIBE!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Sure hope the Indian's come out with a chip on their shoulder and play some real inspired football. This team needs to come out in a foul mood and hit the Hornets in the mouth and really set the tone right from the beginning. If they establish themselves in that manner, then I'm going with Valley to double Coal Grove up 28-14/42-21 or so. Good luck Indians!

Hope everybody has plenty of deer jerky for tonight! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you better save some for bait, oaf.
i'll be the one that looks like a redheaded silverback gorilla.
i walk with a limp, and can't see crap. i'll be hard to miss.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

F.Y.I. $2.00 PARKING FEE @ VALLEY FOR TONITE'S CONTEST!!!!! Just drove by the prison and seen the signs.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:you better save some for bait, oaf.
i'll be the one that looks like a redheaded silverback gorilla.
i walk with a limp, and can't see crap. i'll be hard to miss.
Hahahahahahaha post of the year!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

who does the 2 bucks ( x 3000 cars) go to ? and why did CG only play 9 games ?

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

I doubt there will be 3000 cars there tonight, but the money goes to the officials. Their prices go up during the playoffs and Valley has to maintain that 2 TD official advantage... especially during playoff time. ;)

Honestly, I don't know exactly where the money goes... I don't know if this helps cover costs because the OHSAA takes all of the gate money during the playoffs.

Also, CG played 9 games due in part to the meningitis dispute with Trimble. They didn't play the game last season and I think the contract voided. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

hornetnut
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetnut »

I think that Valley charged for parking the last time we were up there. I believe that they even had a preferred parking fee also. Don't remember what the two fees were. Also, Coal Grove did have a 10th game with a KY team. Pike Co. I think, and Pike backed out of the contract late in the summer. The CG Athletic Director tried to fill the date but was unsuccessful. Pretty certain that the two schools (CG and Valley) get a percentage of the pre-sale gate revenue.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Let's go Hornets! Aces crew is headed to the ribber for some pregame.

A few out of town friends are hoping to listen to the game on the radio, is there a station out of Portsmouth carrying the game? Thanks in advance and let's go big grove!

Return to “Football”