Ironton 29 - 22 Gallia Academy 2022

frankie
Varsity

Re: Ironton 29 - 22 Gallia Academy 2022

Post by frankie »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:33 am I was at some of those games and heard them whining leaving the stadium…. :lol: :lol: :lol: quit acting like you never heard the complaining!
I've been to most of the regular and playoff season games myself, but if you say it's so then it must be so, Bubbbbbb. :lol:
I was refering to posters on this board initially, I have no reason to attend Burg games unless we are playing them.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:22 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 pm No excuses this year
Who do you think you are that anyone cares what you think? You Burg fans have the excuse thing down pat. :lol:
With all the air that's been put in the balloon, it better not pop....no excuses.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

That was an excellent game plan from the Gallia coaches executed extremely well by the Gallia players. Ironton needs to find an identity in their running game as the current plan isn’t producing. There is no way a highly touted feature back on a 9-0 team should be averaging 65 ypg. Wilson needs more touches out of the backfield and if Felder isn’t healthy maybe they should get Zayne Williams more involved. Apparently there is no plan to use Carter in the backfield other than a blocking back so Wilson, Felder, and Williams should be carrying the load. Without Patterson and Carter on the defensive side last night the Tigers lose that one.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:12 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 pm No excuses this year
Who do you think you are that anyone cares what you think? You Burg fans have the excuse thing down pat. :lol:
With all the air that's been put in the balloon, it better not pop....no excuses.
What do you think you can do, besides talk big? NAFT. :lol:

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:22 pm
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:12 pm

What do you think you can do, besides talk big? NAFT. :lol:
Where is BigCarlito/Chill/SpeedKillz/THEEE_GAMEEE? He does enough to show me that there are still Ironton fans out there who can't just simply focus on their own team. 50-7 Ironton over Gallia was the expectation. Obviously that didn't come to his fruition.

Since you have a member of your fanbase that likes to bash kids and an area demographic, let's hear it. We were all told at the beginning of the week that it would be over by half. How did mighty Ironton not finish off Gallia Academy before half, and not only that, allow GA to come back from a 15-point deficit at half to tie the score at the great Tanks Memorial Stadium -- a place where one could argue that there are more yellow flags thrown against a visiting team than at a NASCAR race with stages? Inquiring minds want to know.

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

It don't Matter , in the record books it will always show as a W for IRONTON and that's all that matters.

GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, HOOK'EM HORNS, HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS
KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 pm It don't Matter , in the record books it will always show as a W for IRONTON and that's all that matters.
And like I said, that's great. Just act like you've been there before, and don't bash kids, the rest of the area or Southeastern Ohio in general, or condone fans going to the opposing team's sideline to heckle other fans. You guys have too much tradition to be condoning that bullcrap in 2022.

Can you answer me this: why were three members of the coaching staff about 30-40 yards away from the play while the remainder of the staff was grouped together Week 1 at Wheelersburg? Doesn't that seem off to you? I know it does to me. Has that been taken care of? Between that, the penalties and some other questionable things, that suggests a team unity problem to me. No team is without its problems, but I don't believe Ironton is winning state with the things I see. Mistakes in techniques and overall execution can be fixed. Lack of chemistry is a much tougher problem to solve.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

KCol wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:40 pm
IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:25 pm It don't Matter , in the record books it will always show as a W for IRONTON and that's all that matters.
And like I said, that's great. Just act like you've been there before, and don't bash kids, the rest of the area or Southeastern Ohio in general, or condone fans going to the opposing team's sideline to heckle other fans. You guys have too much tradition to be condoning that bullcrap in 2022.

Can you answer me this: why were three members of the coaching staff about 30-40 yards away from the play while the remainder of the staff was grouped together Week 1 at Wheelersburg? Doesn't that seem off to you? I know it does to me. Has that been taken care of? Between that, the penalties and some other questionable things, that suggests a team unity problem to me. No team is without its problems, but I don't believe Ironton is winning state with the things I see. Mistakes in techniques and overall execution can be fixed. Lack of chemistry is a much tougher problem to solve.

I’ve wondered the same thing and was told they are junior high coaches and they just help spot things on Friday nights. They aren’t around the HS through the week so they stay out of the way. I think Ironton is gonna be fine. Had one tough game here in last month where they were up 22-0 and had a ton of turnovers and penalties. They will bounce back I believe.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

XandOs wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:14 pm
KCol wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:40 pm

I’ve wondered the same thing and was told they are junior high coaches and they just help spot things on Friday nights. They aren’t around the HS through the week so they stay out of the way. I think Ironton is gonna be fine. Had one tough game here in last month where they were up 22-0 and had a ton of turnovers and penalties. They will bounce back I believe.
Thank you. I appreciate the response. That's a response that makes sense. It isn't a sarcastic or smart aleck response that bashes kids and has good thought and common sense behind it. That's all I cared about seeing. I appreciate it, XandOs.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:26 pm That was an excellent game plan from the Gallia coaches executed extremely well by the Gallia players. Ironton needs to find an identity in their running game as the current plan isn’t producing. There is no way a highly touted feature back on a 9-0 team should be averaging 65 ypg. Wilson needs more touches out of the backfield and if Felder isn’t healthy maybe they should get Zayne Williams more involved. Apparently there is no plan to use Carter in the backfield other than a blocking back so Wilson, Felder, and Williams should be carrying the load. Without Patterson and Carter on the defensive side last night the Tigers lose that one.
where's Keyes?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Great effort

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:11 pmGreat effort
Sounds like the young man that coaches Gallia has a bright future