RBH23
SE

Re: Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:07 am
RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:53 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Loaded w d1 recruits? Loaded?

Again you're not understanding. Your isolated examples or perception of loaded does not equate it to an absolute. You are exaggerating.
We only have these two games to compare Kirtland against Ironton. In those two meetings, Kirtland had zero D1 recruits, Ironton had four; including the best inside linebacker in the nation. It’s not perception, it’s reality.

Your claim was that “Kirtland wins because they have more talent”. That does not appear to be so, at least not so against Ironton. You simply made the claim without any facts or data to back it up.
He was the #1 rated Lb? In the nation? He was a 4 star right?

What other 3 or 4 went D1?

My apologies, he was ONE of the top linebackers in the country (#8 to be precise). Offers from every top program including Clemson, Bama, etc.

Other D1 players:
- Salyers: Youngstown State
- Duncan: Miami of Ohio commit
- Carter: offers from schools in the SEC, ACC, and Big 12

This just over the past few years. Go back further, and the talent Ironton has put out is quite impressive; few D5 public schools in Ohio can compare.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:18 am

We only have these two games to compare Kirtland against Ironton. In those two meetings, Kirtland had zero D1 recruits, Ironton had four; including the best inside linebacker in the nation. It’s not perception, it’s reality.

Your claim was that “Kirtland wins because they have more talent”. That does not appear to be so, at least not so against Ironton. You simply made the claim without any facts or data to back it up.

My apologies, he was ONE of the top linebackers in the country (#8 to be precise). Offers from every top program including Clemson, Bama, etc.

Other D1 players:

This just over the past few years. Go back further, and the talent Ironton has put out is quite impressive; few D5 public schools in Ohio can compare.
So you exaggerated and still are to a degree. Why?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:18 am

Other D1 players:

Did you realize an hour down 64 in wv teams like South Charleston have more D1's than Ironton yea?
I honestly am starting to really believe you guys don't get out much.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dog_614…

I have no idea what South Charleston has to do with this argument. We were talking about Kirtland’s talent versus Ironton’s.

As for getting out, I don’t live in southeastern Ohio, and I am no Ironton fan. But I do respect their program and have noticed the players they put into major college football programs. For a school of their size in Ohio, they do quite well. Name a D5 public school in Ohio that has done better?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:19 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:48 pm

Disagree. They win games. Plus tiger Laverde and chip from cold water aren’t young pups
Better talent at those schools per man

False. Those schools do not have the D1 recruits Ironton had/has, yet both schools have and will continue to wipe the field with Ironton.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clevel ... utType=amp
Kirtland is similar to Odessa Permian in their prime (Friday Night Lights) in that they don’t have blue chip players all over the field, but they have a system that works and kids that allow themselves to be maxed out for the benefit of the program. They’re not big or superbly athletic across the board, but they are quick, extremely physical, and execute at a level not common in high school football.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:35 pm Chilli_Dog_614…

I have no idea what South Charleston has to do with this argument. We were talking about Kirtland’s talent versus Ironton’s.

As for getting out, I don’t live in southeastern Ohio, and I am no Ironton fan. But I do respect their program and have noticed the players they put into major college football programs. For a school of their size in Ohio, they do quite well. Name a D5 public school in Ohio that has done better?
The description was "loaded" with d1 talent.

Now it's they do well for a d5 ohio school. Just make up your mind cause I'm gettin dizzy.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

beg003 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:01 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Better talent at those schools per man

False. Those schools do not have the D1 recruits Ironton had/has, yet both schools have and will continue to wipe the field with Ironton.

Kirtland is similar to Odessa Permian in their prime (Friday Night Lights) in that they don’t have blue chip players all over the field, but they have a system that works and kids that allow themselves to be maxed out for the benefit of the program. They’re not big or superbly athletic across the board, but they are quick, extremely physical, and execute at a level not common in high school football.
Yup

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:35 pm Chilli_Dog_614…

The description was "loaded" with d1 talent.

Now it's they do well for a d5 ohio school. Just make up your mind cause I'm gettin dizzy.
Nice spin, but your claim was that “Kirtland has more talent” and that’s why they beat Ironton. They simply do not, and in fact, as I have shown, Ironton has produced more talent.

You’re getting dizzy trying to spin your way out of your false statement.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:16 pm
beg003 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Yup
“Yup”?

Now you agree that Kirtland doesn’t have superior talent? That’s exact opposite of what you’ve been saying.

Return to “Football”