2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

Post by Bleeding Red »

Trying to explain any thing to Greygoose is like talking to a wall. Or a 2 month old. Take your pick.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 pm Trying to explain any thing to Greygoose is like talking to a wall. Or a 2 month old. Take your pick.
Tell me about it, I don't buy into the excuse game. It's a knock to the kids and program, teams all over the area had the same 2 week hiatus. Guess that's why valley beat northwest in week 1. I don't know how ironton survived. Defense gave up 42 points. Sorry if I don't sit here and allow excuses, 1 team was better than the other it's that easy. 1 team by your own admission wasn't ready because they had a 2 week shutdown, just like teams all over the area. Just get ready for week 3 and hopefully that conditioning will show up sometime.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:22 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:41 pm Trying to explain any thing to Greygoose is like talking to a wall. Or a 2 month old. Take your pick.
Tell me about it, I don't buy into the excuse game. It's a knock to the kids and program, teams all over the area had the same 2 week hiatus. Guess that's why valley beat northwest in week 1. I don't know how ironton survived. Defense gave up 42 points. Sorry if I don't sit here and allow excuses, 1 team was better than the other it's that easy. 1 team by your own admission wasn't ready because they had a 2 week shutdown, just like teams all over the area. Just get ready for week 3 and hopefully that conditioning will show up sometime.
Ban me for this if you want but you’re a moron that obviously never went through a summer of football

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 Minford at Burg

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:20 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Didn't realize they were the only team in the area that had a 2 week break, oh wait they weren't. Cheers to the excuses! Bottom line was and is everyone knew last season was the year Minford needed to get over the burg hump, and that didn't happen. This outcome is exactly what was predicted, simply put the better team won and there's nothing wrong with that. Buckle up and get ready for next week.
Except it’s not an excuse when it’s a fact they missed the first 2 weeks of 2-a days they were the only team to have that happen lol If you don’t think that puts them behind the 8-ball in conditioning then you never went through a summer of high school football 2-a days.
Now the game I was surprised how well the line played but penalties and a turnover cost the falcons which is what happens in games like this but the young players on minford grew up last night. Good luck Pirates and on to west for Minford
Once again they weren't the only ones to deal with a 2 week shutdown. So by your own admission saying it's a fact, you're saying the main reason burg won was because of Minford break? I believe, Athens, northwest, Notre dame, symmes valley, ironton, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, all of these teams and I know I'm missing more were shutdown for 2 weeks.
Never said it was the single reason Minford lost but did it affect the the conditioning of minford absolutely and to think otherwise is idiotic And shows your lack of football knowledge.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Good win for Burg. Solid.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 2 Minford at Burg

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:13 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:20 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 am

Except it’s not an excuse when it’s a fact they missed the first 2 weeks of 2-a days they were the only team to have that happen lol If you don’t think that puts them behind the 8-ball in conditioning then you never went through a summer of high school football 2-a days.
Now the game I was surprised how well the line played but penalties and a turnover cost the falcons which is what happens in games like this but the young players on minford grew up last night. Good luck Pirates and on to west for Minford
Once again they weren't the only ones to deal with a 2 week shutdown. So by your own admission saying it's a fact, you're saying the main reason burg won was because of Minford break? I believe, Athens, northwest, Notre dame, symmes valley, ironton, Portsmouth, Portsmouth West, all of these teams and I know I'm missing more were shutdown for 2 weeks.
Never said it was the single reason Minford lost but did it affect the the conditioning of minford absolutely and to think otherwise is idiotic And shows your lack of football knowledge.
Let me guess a parent, trying to justify another burg loss?? How's it effecting all the other teams who missed out?? So you don't embarrass yourself, just stop think about it and realize the better team won. The end, Minford has a couple really nice athletes and they'll improve as the season moves on but at this point in time they're simple not there yet.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:09 pm
Ban me for this if you want but you’re a moron that obviously never went through a summer of football
:lol: :lol: never. The insight you've brought to the conversation is astounding. I mean no one is going to ban you for being wrong, wouldn't have anyone on this site if that was the case. Just bring more to the conversation is all.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 am

:lol: :lol: never. The insight you've brought to the conversation is astounding. I mean no one is going to ban you for being wrong, wouldn't have anyone on this site if that was the case. Just bring more to the conversation is all.
I agree W'burg did have more depth, were better conditioned, and won the game b/c of those factors. This early in the season conditioning is huge in dealing with the heat and having kids play both ways. Otherwise, why would teams even bother doing 2-a-days? The teams mentioned that also had a 2-week shutdown due to the virus didn't fair well themselves. Athens got beat by Vinton Co., when's the last time that happened? West got humiliated by Waverly. NW got drilled by Valley in week 1 and so did PHS by Ironton. Ironton being the exception and they're loaded. Did any of these teams play the Wheelersburg Pirates at Ed Miller Stadium? So to try and compare teams that may have had a similar experience when they haven't played W'burg is nothing more than an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Now I do agree it is an excuse, it's valid, but it's still an excuse and you have to find a way to remedy the situation. When Minford was allowed to start practicing again, did they have 2-days right up until the first day of school? After week 1, did the come in on Saturday for weights and conditioning practice? IDK if they did or not, but if I was in this situation, I'd be trying to make up for the lost time anyway I could.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

vladimir wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:27 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:36 am

I agree W'burg did have more depth, were better conditioned, and won the game b/c of those factors. This early in the season conditioning is huge in dealing with the heat and having kids play both ways. Otherwise, why would teams even bother doing 2-a-days? The teams mentioned that also had a 2-week shutdown due to the virus didn't fair well themselves. Athens got beat by Vinton Co., when's the last time that happened? West got humiliated by Waverly. NW got drilled by Valley in week 1 and so did PHS by Ironton. Ironton being the exception and they're loaded. Did any of these teams play the Wheelersburg Pirates at Ed Miller Stadium? So to try and compare teams that may have had a similar experience when they haven't played W'burg is nothing more than an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Now I do agree it is an excuse, it's valid, but it's still an excuse and you have to find a way to remedy the situation. When Minford was allowed to start practicing again, did they have 2-days right up until the first day of school? After week 1, did the come in on Saturday for weights and conditioning practice? IDK if they did or not, but if I was in this situation, I'd be trying to make up for the lost time anyway I could.
Northwest was never shutdown for two weeks. We just played really bad.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

:cry: Wheelersburg JV team has some beasts and fast skilled players coming up. Just beat Minford 62-6 tonight..

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

JV ball and it means nothing, many of the same scores last year. Many said Minford’s OLine wouldn’t be able to block this year and they’d get killed. A freshman RB had a few 20+ yd runs against a pirate varsity defense, and I bet it he wasn’t playing in this game. A testament to the coaches and having the OLine ready to play in varsity ball. They'll be fine, and will peak in October come playoff time. Let’s get the conditioning under raps and play hard come week 7! GO RED!!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

vladimir wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:29 pm JV ball and it means nothing, many of the same scores last year. Many said Minford’s OLine wouldn’t be able to block this year and they’d get killed. A freshman RB had a few 20+ yd runs against a pirate varsity defense, and I bet it he wasn’t playing in this game. A testament to the coaches and having the OLine ready to play in varsity ball. They'll be fine, and will peak in October come playoff time. Let’s get the conditioning under raps and play hard come week 7! GO RED!!
I mean I wouldn't say Minford's Line is anything special :lol: QB is best athlete in the county and was pressured almost every play it seemed like, If he wasn't so good or if they had another QB in, Minford wouldn't have scored half as much. With Vogelsong's athleticism, enough points could be scraped together to make it seem like a game, for the first half at least. Go Burg

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

If J V scores don't matter, which would you rather be, the team with 62 points or the team with 6 points. Think about it, witch I don't think you do.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jv scores don’t really mean a thing but the score is alarming especially considering that burg plays a few freshman up in the jv and their four soon to be 5 best sophomore players are playing up in varsity. Minford might be playing some youth up too. Minford has a good 8th grade. They may dip a couple of years after this one but will bounce back.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

One question would be why are they trying to score that many points in a JV game?

And yes it does matter when one team has numbers and one doesn't. If one team has to play Freshmen and Sophomores in varsity, of course their JV will struggle. They are probably the best players.

Then some teams are able to practice their Freshmen and JV as a group. Some are thrown together. Some try to win. Some try to develop players in the same system the high school runs.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:55 am One question would be why are they trying to score that many points in a JV game?

And yes it does matter when one team has numbers and one doesn't. If one team has to play Freshmen and Sophomores in varsity, of course their JV will struggle. They are probably the best players.

Then some teams are able to practice their Freshmen and JV as a group. Some are thrown together. Some try to win. Some try to develop players in the same system the high school runs.
They weren’t trying to score that many. Minford just wasn’t able to stop anything, nor move the ball. Burg may have threw three passes the entire game. The only other thing burg could’ve done was kneel on the ball for two quarters. It was 48-6 at half. Burg only scored twice in second half with basically all freshman playing and a running clock. The problem is how do you tell your sophomores that don’t play varsity not to go hard? Credit to minford for playing the game. They just couldn’t get anything going. They will be better in the future for playing and not cancelling

Return to “Football”