2020 Football Season

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2020 Football Season

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like it isn’t gonna happen. I wish they would move up the election so the Rona would be over

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

As expected, the Patriot League today announced the cancellation of the football season and all fall sports. Dominos keep falling.

Have gun, will travel
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:51 am As expected, the Patriot League today announced the cancellation of the football season and all fall sports. Dominos keep falling.
Stop pointing out these facts. People will lash out at you like it's your fault and say you're rooting for Covid! 😂

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

BTW, the Rump bull$h!tters just got their arses handed to them. Two studies, Kings College in London and a Spanish study shows “herd immunity “ is BS. Their findings show you lose immunities built up with antibodies starting 3 weeks after you recover from the virus and lose most of your immunity after 3 months. Translation - you can catch it again with an unknown outcome, which may be worse.

Election isn’t going to end the virus, much to the hilarious dumbazzery of the Rump cult.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm BTW, the Rump bull$h!tters just got their arses handed to them. Two studies, Kings College in London and a Spanish study shows “herd immunity “ is BS. Their findings show you lose immunities built up with antibodies starting 3 weeks after you recover from the virus and lose most of your immunity after 3 months. Translation - you can catch it again with an unknown outcome, which may be worse.

Election isn’t going to end the virus, much to the hilarious dumbazzery of the Rump cult.
Lol What do you think a vaccine is? It's the virus put into your body to build immunity. Either get it from a person or get injected. Regardless this is Not football related. Take your politics to that forum.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm BTW, the Rump bull$h!tters just got their arses handed to them. Two studies, Kings College in London and a Spanish study shows “herd immunity “ is BS. Their findings show you lose immunities built up with antibodies starting 3 weeks after you recover from the virus and lose most of your immunity after 3 months. Translation - you can catch it again with an unknown outcome, which may be worse.

Lol What do you think a vaccine is? It's the virus put into your body to build immunity. Either get it from a person or get injected. Regardless this is Not football related. Take your politics to that forum.
He's not talking about vaccine immunity. Need a vaccine first to be talking about that. Heard immunity also meaning after one caught it, and got over it they build up their own immunity. We better take this to the political site, Paladin. We might have to break a box of tissues out for some that don't like new info that will have an impact on football, and think we are rooting for C-19. :roll:

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Yes do us all a favor and take it to the political site. While you're at it, do some actual research with reliable sources.. media sources are not reliable.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

However, professor Arne Akbar, who is an immunologist at UCL, told The Guardian that T cells, which are produced to fight common colds, may help supplement the protection produced by antibodies, meaning that immunity may last longer than the study suggests.

The findings suggest one vaccine won't be enough

Oxford University coronavirus vaccine test
Oxford University coronavirus vaccine test
STEVE PARSONS/POOL/AFP via Getty Images

Katie Doores of King's College London, the UK study's lead author, said the findings could be a sign that any future vaccine for the coronavirus would need to be provided regularly for people to maintain immunity.

"People are producing a reasonable antibody response to the virus, but it's waning over a short period of time and depending on how high your peak is, that determines how long the antibodies are staying around," she said.

"Infection tends to give you the best-case scenario for an antibody response, so if your infection is giving you antibody levels that wane in two to three months, the vaccine will potentially do the same thing," she added. "People may need boosting and one shot might not be sufficient."

In an interview with Sky News reported by The Guardian, professor Robin Shattock of Imperial College London said that while reinfection would probably be "less severe" because of people retaining "immune memory," the risk of them passing on the virus meant they would likely have to receive boosts of the vaccine on a regular basis.

"Ultimately this may require the use of annual boosting immunisations, particularly for the most vulnerable. This could be delivered alongside annual influenza immunisations," he said.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

This is part of the article I found on Kings College study, sounds like a virus we are going to have to live wit(, like the flu and the cold.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

That's what these guys can't get through their thick skulls... this virus is not going away!! We have to live with it now, just like any other disease!! We can not hide from it. A vaccine is not a cure that will banish it from the earth.

Toz15
Waterboy

Post by Toz15 »

I'd do almost anything to see, not only sports, but any resemblance to normalcy return. This isn't a political issue to me at all. This is a human nature issue. I know as many Democrats that are sick of this as there are Republicans scared to death.

Again, its how you process information. I was listening to ESPN radio and a doctor on there was saying, "When you hear someone talking about all this and they say yeah but 95%-96% of people won't be affected. Most people consider themselves to be in that 95%-96%..."

Uh duh! If I didn't think like that, I wouldn't drive to work, fly on a plane, go on a cruise.... I wouldn't climb a ladder to change a light bulb, chop down a tree, light a grill. Heck, people die from sneezing every year yet if I feel one coming on I let it happen.....

Caution to the wind I guess!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:18 pm Translation - you can catch it again with an unknown outcome, which may be worse.
Here’s the problem, the article NEVER says the next infection could be worse, it actually says the opposite, but don’t let fear monger it get in the way!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This is not about Democrats or republicans that's the problem now politics playing a roll in everything ! Me myself I don't believe No one! Just play it by ear ! Hope I guess right ,all the power to high school sports.Good Luck!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Here’s your problem , eagles73, the key word I used is MAY. No one knows because we don’t have but 4 months of history with this virus. Not even the scientists know for sure because of the short research time. You used the word COULD and once again, they DONT know. But never get in the way of a bull$h!tter like yourself.

Have gun, will travel
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

BTW, I reported this on other threads - Richard Rose, 37, of Port Clinton , Ohio died from the virus. He made fun of the hoax virus and promoted Trump 2020 on his Facebook page. On July 1, he felt sick. On July 4, the virus killed him.

He sounded very much like the clueless promoting the idea of playing football, living with the virus, no mask, no social distancing, etc. If you live the lie for Rump, be prepared to die.

Stay safe.

Have gun, will travel
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:56 pm Here’s your problem , eagles73, the key word I used is MAY. No one knows because we don’t have but 4 months of history with this virus. Not even the scientists know for sure because of the short research time. You used the word COULD and once again, they DONT know. But never get in the way of a bull$h!tter like yourself.
That's right Paladin you finally admitted that NOBODY knows. So stop telling us to listen to the Science ... cause they DON"T know. neither do any of the politicians.... cause they DON"T know. Democrats DON"T know... Republicans DON"T know.... And YOU sure as HELL DON"T know!!!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Would probably be less severe, is what the article said. Anecdotal evidence of a couple of deaths, and we are all idiots. All I did was pull open the curtain on your sources, sorry if you can’t hide behind so called facts that you like to add to the studies!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

No one added anything. The fact is “herd immunity “ is BS.

Those screaming for football have nothing to fall back on. Be my guest - no masks, no social distancing, herd immunity,etc.

Now, most of us, the vast majority, will follow, science, doctors, immunologists, medical researchers and epidemiologists for our health. And then there are the bull$h!tters screaming for football ignoring that following the Orange one.

Good luck.

Have gun, will travel
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:34 pm No one added anything. The fact is “herd immunity “ is BS.

Those screaming for football have nothing to fall back on. Be my guest - no masks, no social distancing, herd immunity,etc.

Now, most of us, the vast majority, will follow, science, doctors, immunologists, medical researchers and epidemiologists for our health. And then there are the bull$h!tters screaming for football ignoring that following the Orange one.

Good luck.
but you just said NOBODY knows Pal .... which is it???

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:34 pm No one added anything. The fact is “herd immunity “ is BS.

Good luck.
but you just said NOBODY knows Pal .... which is it???
Are those people arguing here because they really think football is going to happen on any level or is it just because they don’t want Paladin to be right?

Like, are you guys really not able to separate what you want and what reasonable decision-makers will ultimately decide, given the evidence and trends that are readily accessible?

Return to “Football”