Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Izladoom
All State

Re: Finally the kids can practice on Monday!

Post by Izladoom »

I don’t see how they can have sports if the kids are all home schooled. it sends the wrong message that sports is more important than education and it’s not. Kids getting to practice would be a huge issue. Schools just can’t take a chance at a law suit and a liability waver won’t hold up if a parent says the school didn’t do all it could to keep everyone safe.

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

From what I've read and heard the media is reporting rise in Covid cases (obviously due to increased record testing and opening up the economy), but they are ignoring the decline in deaths and hospitalizations. To me, everything the media is reporting is simply fear mongering and they will push the narrative that increases and perpetuates fear. Rise is Covid numbers, but decrease in deaths would mean the severity of the virus is fading. With that said though, hopefully there will be football (and sports in general) this fall.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 pm
noreply66 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:38 pm
Sballbball24/7 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Not you no way...you’re really going to repeat something?..I find that hard to believe..and if football did happen to get canceled “up your way” what are you going to do say ha ha ha I was right and start doing cart wheels because you hate sports obviously..my guess is you took a lot of water to your teammates if you actually did participate in sports lol..and going back to percentages that you are mentioning we know one for sure..you’re 100% annoying..and there’s 0% of that changing
I know for sure Paladin played high school sports and in no way does he hate sports.
He does now.
Why does a person giving his views on how high school sports will go this fall make him hate sports? That is like saying someone giving their views on the November election hates politics.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:39 am

I know for sure Paladin played high school sports and in no way does he hate sports.
He does now.
Why does a person giving his views on how high school sports will go this fall make him hate sports? That is like saying someone giving their views on the November election hates politics.
It was a tongue and cheek reply and a response to the other poster. He’s the most negative on this topic as if he hates the idea that kids are going to play. He believes that it’s doomsday if we have sports in high school but he doesn’t take in the negative mental effects to these student athletes who have already experienced life changing moments. I’m fine with his view of saying that he doesn’t believe that it will happen but we don’t need him spewing off case reports, I know this guy on a school board , another school shutdown, blah blah blah. Keep that negativity to yourself. Why be a butt head about it?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He does now.
Agree, Noreply. Paladin is one of the biggest sports fans on here. But he is excepting the fact there is a small chance of ball this fall.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Football_fanatic wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:35 am From what I've read and heard the media is reporting rise in Covid cases (obviously due to increased record testing and opening up the economy), but they are ignoring the decline in deaths and hospitalizations. To me, everything the media is reporting is simply fear mongering and they will push the narrative that increases and perpetuates fear. Rise is Covid numbers, but decrease in deaths would mean the severity of the virus is fading. With that said though, hopefully there will be football (and sports in general) this fall.
“Decrease in deaths” there is no such thing.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 pm I’ve said this before, but will repeat it - my son is on the local school board ( inside info ) and the district is home to the President of the Ohio H. S. Football Coaches Assn. they are practicing but everyone knows the score. County has 22 districts and Mahoning has 18. All are interconnected and in much agreement.

1% chance of football.
Repeating the same information doesn't make it any more factual. That's awesome you've got information, much like some of us do as well, but with your "inside" information since they've got it at 1% why not cancel?? Are they still allowing them to practice?? Because to me if my local school board sees this as little to no chance of having a season I would find it pretty crappy and ignorant on their part to allow teams to continue to practice thinking there won't be a season.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:58 am

He does now.
It was a tongue and cheek reply and a response to the other poster. He’s the most negative on this topic as if he hates the idea that kids are going to play. He believes that it’s doomsday if we have sports in high school but he doesn’t take in the negative mental effects to these student athletes who have already experienced life changing moments. I’m fine with his view of saying that he doesn’t believe that it will happen but we don’t need him spewing off case reports, I know this guy on a school board , another school shutdown, blah blah blah. Keep that negativity to yourself. Why be a butt head about it?
Sitting back and moderating might help more than posting against people. Matt has always said if you have an issue with a mod do it off the open forum so we mods could do that with our members and not on a open forum. One disagreement seems ok but to continue need to be taken to PMs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 pm Sports are fine . Still have 2 more grandsons to go. But thats not the real issue. The real issue is some people can’t face reality, even when faced with a health emergency with life or death consequences. They would worship a game over the lives and health of everyone. That is the issue.

Deplorables
Is that how you view it, the worship of a game over the lives and health of everyone?? What everyone are you referring?? Players, coaches, refs, fans?? None of them have to be there and this is your confusion on the topic, you write as if no one has a choice in the matter when every single person you can think of absolutely does have a choice. If they're going to have school, blended or not if there is some type of social interaction than that same chance is taken, are they going to run bus routes with 15 kids per bus?? Because that's what it would take for correct actions. When that parent, coach, ref and fan makes the decision to go to a restaurant to take a vacation and not take the necessary precautions, ie face mask, social distancing, sanitizing then they are taking a greater risk than a game being played. You're playing it out like playing sports is some greater risk than any of the other stuff listed and that simply isn't true. Unless you're off the grid and self sufficient then the risk is still in play. I can handle the fact that there might not be sports this fall but if that's the fact then there won't be school either. Sports were canceled in the spring because schools were canceled, as one board member said we won't be allowing spring sports to go on if there's no school going on. Question is can you face the reality that they simply don't know yet and that yes there might be a chance there is sports and that no it doesn't mean there's an increase risk and for that part I truly don't believe you can face that reality. You're to worried about saying I told you so, we've seen it plenty of times over the years, than you are admitting yeah there might be a chance they play. As of right now it's 50/50 in terms of sports being played, there's plenty of local fairs going on where more people will be in areas than these sports teams.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Several points-

The Right wing hates the media because they report FACTS - numbers are facts. Up, down or sideways, facts. That hurts their narrative. The desire not to shutdown, not to play sports, not to have to wear a mask or social distance are all examples of trying to spin a narrative while avoiding facts.

Second, sports are in trouble - pros, colleges and H.S. The cancellation of all minor league baseball, the attempt at a short season major league( not a done deal yet ), the cancellations of small college football seasons are underway while the major colleges are cancelling early games and unsure how a season is played, the NFL is on rocky ground, the NBA declined to finish a season and now we have the h.s. Football nuts thinking it’s going ahead. Really ? At the first report positive test or sickness breaking out at individual schools, they are shutting down. You can’t play a season where your players and coaches are testing positive or getting sick and playing other teams and infecting them. The lawsuits will FLY. Workouts now hold out hope that declines everyday. As the numbers of virus increase, the handwriting is on the wall.

Three- for h.s., the problem is not sports, it’s EDUCATION. How to do it, when to do it, the protections they will have to do, bussing, meals, social distancing, testing, quarantines, cleaning, instruction in person or online, COSTS, and other issues. Football ? lol. Get serious. The inside info is 1% and known far and wide in the states school boards.

This thread is a perfect example of avoid the message and kill the messenger. Overzealous folks pursuing a minor issue while avoiding a major life or death health emergency at people expense of health and life or death. For no other reason, the season should be cancelled to slap people in the face about life’s priorities. Making decisions for the best interests of all is what real leaders are all about.

Have gun, will travel
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 am

Sitting back and moderating might help more than posting against people. Matt has always said if you have an issue with a mod do it off the open forum so we mods could do that with our members and not on a open forum. One disagreement seems ok but to continue need to be taken to PMs.
Let’s lock the thread then. Just look through the thread. You will see the same information over and over. It’s been argumentative since the beginning of it and people are tired of it. There is three paragraphs of it right above this post. Personally, I feel he needs banned from the topic.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

wobycat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:40 am

Let’s lock the thread then. Just look through the thread. You will see the same information over and over. It’s been argumentative since the beginning of it and people are tired of it. There is three paragraphs of it right above this post. Personally, I feel he needs banned from the topic.
So, your idea is that we shouldn’t close down schools, sports, etc. because people should have the right to choose whether they risk their and others’ life and health, but you want some insignificant message board to start banning people from posting and to shut down threads because you can’t just choose on your own to not read or respond to a differing opinion? That’s really strange to me.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:11 am Several points-

The Right wing hates the media because they report FACTS - numbers are facts. Up, down or sideways, facts. That hurts their narrative. The desire not to shutdown, not to play sports, not to have to wear a mask or social distance are all examples of trying to spin a narrative while avoiding facts.

Second, sports are in trouble - pros, colleges and H.S. The cancellation of all minor league baseball, the attempt at a short season major league( not a done deal yet ), the cancellations of small college football seasons are underway while the major colleges are cancelling early games and unsure how a season is played, the NFL is on rocky ground, the NBA declined to finish a season and now we have the h.s. Football nuts thinking it’s going ahead. Really ? At the first report positive test or sickness breaking out at individual schools, they are shutting down. You can’t play a season where your players and coaches are testing positive or getting sick and playing other teams and infecting them. The lawsuits will FLY. Workouts now hold out hope that declines everyday. As the numbers of virus increase, the handwriting is on the wall.

Three- for h.s., the problem is not sports, it’s EDUCATION. How to do it, when to do it, the protections they will have to do, bussing, meals, social distancing, testing, quarantines, cleaning, instruction in person or online, COSTS, and other issues. Football ? lol. Get serious. The inside info is 1% and known far and wide in the states school boards.

This thread is a perfect example of avoid the message and kill the messenger. Overzealous folks pursuing a minor issue while avoiding a major life or death health emergency at people expense of health and life or death. For no other reason, the season should be cancelled to slap people in the face about life’s priorities. Making decisions for the best interests of all is what real leaders are all about.
Don't worry man keep posting the same stuff and address no other questions in reference to your logic. It's getting pretty funny actually, once again since your son is on this brilliant school board that thinks there's a 1% chance have they canceled practices?? It's a simple question maybe you can type up another 3 paragraphs where you answer absolutely nothing. The entire basis for your argument has no factual information only hearsay and opinions, well heck we all have that. You have ZERO knowledgeable information when it comes to actual factual questions, I mean answer the one biggie have they stopped practicing?? Have they canceled the season, if I'm on the board of any company or someone in charge and there's a 1% chance we believe something is going to happen guess what we don't do it, we stop what we're doing and pivot elsewhere. So has the season been canceled and are they practicing?? Your silence on the matter so far in relation to the question tells me EVERYTHING I need to know and that is your "board" and "inside info" truly have NO IDEA what is going to happen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You are a mod, if you feel you need to do it do it. Do not delete , send to SEOP Staff and Matt could decided on it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I don't think it needs to be locked up or deleted because if we're honest with ourselves this is no different than when certain teams play each other like Burg and Ironton. There will be 15 pages of topic but really 75% of it is just repeated stuff throughout the entire thing. I get where you're coming from on the frustrations of seeing it though, because I understand ones convictions on a certain subject. However, if that person is unwilling to accept anything other their own fictional thoughts they play off as facts it becomes a bit redundant. Bottom line is Paladin just needs to hear himself think like he has a voice but it's just a voice that doesn't offer a lot of information outside of 2 or 3 quotes after that it's like someone hit the repeat button. I can accept what happens and know there's a chance it doesn't happen, he however is so engrossed with himself that he refuses to believe anything other than his thoughts. Sort of like the his school board buddies thinking there's a 1% chance of football but, "that's ok we're going to allow you guys to keep practicing, forget all these risk daddy Paladin is talking about us being worried about because we're really not or we'd shut it down", tells you all you need to know about his information.

Football_fanatic
Waterboy

Post by Football_fanatic »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 am
Football_fanatic wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:35 am From what I've read and heard the media is reporting rise in Covid cases (obviously due to increased record testing and opening up the economy), but they are ignoring the decline in deaths and hospitalizations. To me, everything the media is reporting is simply fear mongering and they will push the narrative that increases and perpetuates fear. Rise is Covid numbers, but decrease in deaths would mean the severity of the virus is fading. With that said though, hopefully there will be football (and sports in general) this fall.

I'm just basing that assumption from an article I read, and here is some facts from it that states that the number of deaths are declining ---

"On June 27, there were 623 deaths attributed to COVID-19, according to OurWorldInData.com. Two days later, the death toll in the U.S. was 265.

By comparison, 4,928 people died in the U.S. on the peak day, April 16. Deaths have been declining steadily, at least until June 26, when the toll reached 2,437 (the website notes that “some states added probable deaths” on that date). The deaths rose again to 1,270 on Tuesday, but at least one COVID watchdog said there was again a reason for that rise.

“That ‘spike’ yesterday includes more than 600 backdated NYC cases, most from three weeks or more ago. In reality deaths dropped again week over week (about 25%),” Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been on the forefront of covering the virus, wrote on Twitter."

So according to this, yes, in the grand scheme of things, covid deaths have been on the decline, which says that the virus has become either less virulent or the people being infected are far less at risk. Honestly, I think there should be a fall season for sports, especially if there is school.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Right now with everyone being on one side of the fence or the other you are going to find a lot of people disagreeing. Personally I want high school football, but I'm not going to go back and forth each day with someone that thinks different. You just don't know if the way Paladin thinks and someone that disagrees with him will turn out with what is decided. It could come down to yes, no, or just part of the season. It could go, lets play and two weeks later someone step in and stops it. Whoever make the decision has a hard one with 50 % of the people agreeing and the half disagreeing. It doesn't have to be show little respect for each other.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Football_fanatic wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 am

I'm just basing that assumption from an article I read, and here is some facts from it that states that the number of deaths are declining ---

"On June 27, there were 623 deaths attributed to COVID-19, according to OurWorldInData.com. Two days later, the death toll in the U.S. was 265.

By comparison, 4,928 people died in the U.S. on the peak day, April 16. Deaths have been declining steadily, at least until June 26, when the toll reached 2,437 (the website notes that “some states added probable deaths” on that date). The deaths rose again to 1,270 on Tuesday, but at least one COVID watchdog said there was again a reason for that rise.

“That ‘spike’ yesterday includes more than 600 backdated NYC cases, most from three weeks or more ago. In reality deaths dropped again week over week (about 25%),” Alex Berenson, a former New York Times reporter who has been on the forefront of covering the virus, wrote on Twitter."

So according to this, yes, in the grand scheme of things, covid deaths have been on the decline, which says that the virus has become either less virulent or the people being infected are far less at risk. Honestly, I think there should be a fall season for sports, especially if there is school.
With cases going up the death will go up starting next week or after. With the record setting cases going up over the last week and a half, a lot of these people will get worse and die. The odds are with the total deaths going up. I know Sundays deaths have always been reported low because a lot are not reported until Monday.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Here is my prediction -

DeWine will announce he will leave the decision up to each board ( pass the buck) On sports as long as they follow outlined protocols. Those will mandate health rules and requirements. It will also possibly outline if boards have in person or online school or a combo. He will absolve the state from any legal liability. Then boards can then choose what they do.

Decisions on the way.

Have gun, will travel
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Paladin, also what about all the other sports besides football. Will school boards and districts have enough money to enforce all protocols for each sport. Girls, boys sports for fall, winter sports. Will the family’s be responsible for extra money to provide for all the PPEs , that will be needed. Who will enforce social distancing, making sure face masks, and no one has temperatures at each sport. How many extra school buses will be needed to transport students because of social distancing. This is just the beginning of all the restrictions if sports are allowed come August. So the bottom line is who will be liable if social distancing, masks not Followed once inside gates or at any event. It’s a huge task ahead to figure out.

Return to “Football”