Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson officially applies to the TVC

Post by Pitstop Billy »

G.W.A. wrote:Adding Jackson and Warren and making three 6 team divisions would be the best thing to do
Plus three divisions of six gets Racine away from Trimble and Wahama. Ran into a Southern administrator at the golf course this past fall, overheard him say thats why he has his AD keep pushing for this expansion. He must have read that Duck and Run book that came out in Athens county..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Hocking Division Boys Girls Football Divisions
Eastern 079 084 D-VII
Frontier* 102 099 D-VII
Miller 089 066 D-VII
Southern 086 085 D-VII
South Gallia 070 087 D-VII
Trimble 110 087 D-VII
Wahama (WV) ???? ???? D-VI
Waterford 098 085 D-VII
Muskingum Division Boys Girls Football Divisions
Alexander 183 186 D-V
Belpre 128 121 D-VI
Crooksville* 144 135 D-VI
Federal Hocking 127 127 D-VI
Fort Frye* 147 139 D-VI
Nelsonville-York 148 153 D-VI
River Valley 189 195 D-V
Wellston 179 185 D-V
Ohio Division Boys Girls Football Divisions
Athens 297 335 D-III
Gallia Academy* 253 224 D-IV
Jackson* 306 297 D-III
Logan* 478 461 D-II
Marietta* 349 356 D-III
Meigs 218 177 D-IV
Vinton County 290 253 D-III
Warren* 279 263 D-IV
* = Teams Added to TVC

This would be something I'd like the TVC to do, but it will most likely never happen. The Hocking Division would also consist of D-IV schools in other sports like Baseball, Basketball, Softball, and Volleyball. The Muskingum Division would be D-III in those sports, while the Ohio Division would be D-I and D-II except for Meigs' Girls Sports who would be D-III. Adding Fort Frye, Frontier, Marietta, and Warren would put a huge presence in the Marietta media for the TVC. Adding Crooksville would bring a little bit of presence in the Zanesville media for the TVC and it also helps the MVL as they'd drop down to 8 teams and gets the little man out of there helping them in easier scheduling and scheduling up a little bit more. Adding Logan puts presence in their media for the TVC and gets them a home to play conference as they appear to be stuck without a conference at the moment after the SEOAL falls. Adding Gallia Academy and Jackson just puts more presence in their respective media. The question is would Crooksville leave the MVL for the TVC? Would Gallia Academy give up the OVC to join the TVC? Would Fort Frye and Frontier leave the PVC to join the TVC? Would Marrietta leave the ECOL for the TVC? Would the TVC even want to accept these teams into their conference? Belpre, Federal Hocking, Meigs, and Vinton County probably wouldn't like this idea and all three divisions are spread out a little bit, but this idea does bring stability in each division, which is what the SEOAL teams are at least looking for with the SEOAL falling apart. Again, this is something I doubt will ever happen, but that would be an interesting conference if it did come together.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com Warren is involved now this could get interesting

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

Talked to the Miller super and he said they will vote no along with Trimbles Super. He thought Ny was voting yes.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

There will not be enough yes votes for this to pass.

However, some schools that threaten they will leave the TVC if it does pass need to realize that they really have nowhere to go. So that threat shouldn't mean anything to the other schools. If a school wants to leave the TVC if this passes, they could go to the OVC where they can be steamrolled by Gallia Academy, Ironton and Portsmouth every year. Or, they could go to the SOC where they will be steamrolled by Wheelersburg, Valley, and West every year. Or they could go to the SCOL where they will be steamrolled by Chillicothe, Miami Trace and Washington Court House every year.

The threat to leave the TVC is just a bluff. They have nowhere else to go.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

ucantcme wrote:Talked to the Miller super and he said they will vote no along with Trimbles Super. He thought Ny was voting yes.
Supers don't vote. It's principals that vote from what I was told.
NYBuckeye96 wrote:There will not be enough yes votes for this to pass.

However, some schools that threaten they will leave the TVC if it does pass need to realize that they really have nowhere to go. So that threat shouldn't mean anything to the other schools. If a school wants to leave the TVC if this passes, they could go to the OVC where they can be steamrolled by Gallia Academy, Ironton and Portsmouth every year. Or, they could go to the SOC where they will be steamrolled by Wheelersburg, Valley, and West every year. Or they could go to the SCOL where they will be steamrolled by Chillicothe, Miami Trace and Washington Court House every year.

The threat to leave the TVC is just a bluff. They have nowhere else to go.
Or they could leave and form their own league. If you are forming 6 team divisions I can see 6 of them wanting to go their own way. Meigs, Alexander, VC, RV, Wellston and NY for instance. That way they don't have to worry about 12 other schools deciding their fate all the time.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

principals vote yes but, supers still have to give the ok

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

HSFBFAN wrote:principals vote yes but, supers still have to give the ok
I dont see any principals voting against the superintendents wishes.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

As a person who played sports in the TVC and a huge fan, this is embarrassing. Letting Jackson in without football shows how afraid we are of competition. The TVC has 2 divisions of 7 and 9. The odd numbers make for tough scheduling in the later portion if the year. The solution is simple. Add Jackson and Warren for all sports and drop the smallest TVC Ohio team down to the hocking. The divisions will be even and scheduling will be a breeze. Both divisions will be stronger top to bottom and they will still most likely send 2-3 and maybe Eben 4 teams in to the playoffs in each division every year. Not to mention the financial benefit which comes from playing Jackson. Its a win win for everyone.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

The Supers get the final say. I agree with the Beagle unless the Principal is tired of his job. hahahaahah

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Dundas wrote:As a person who played sports in the TVC and a huge fan, this is embarrassing. Letting Jackson in without football shows how afraid we are of competition. The TVC has 2 divisions of 7 and 9. The odd numbers make for tough scheduling in the later portion if the year. The solution is simple. Add Jackson and Warren for all sports and drop the smallest TVC Ohio team down to the hocking. The divisions will be even and scheduling will be a breeze. Both divisions will be stronger top to bottom and they will still most likely send 2-3 and maybe Eben 4 teams in to the playoffs in each division every year. Not to mention the financial benefit which comes from playing Jackson. Its a win win for everyone.
Great post!!! Let them in.. All sports!!

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Dundas wrote:As a person who played sports in the TVC and a huge fan, this is embarrassing. Letting Jackson in without football shows how afraid we are of competition. The TVC has 2 divisions of 7 and 9. The odd numbers make for tough scheduling in the later portion if the year. The solution is simple. Add Jackson and Warren for all sports and drop the smallest TVC Ohio team down to the hocking. The divisions will be even and scheduling will be a breeze. Both divisions will be stronger top to bottom and they will still most likely send 2-3 and maybe Eben 4 teams in to the playoffs in each division every year. Not to mention the financial benefit which comes from playing Jackson. Its a win win for everyone.
Why not just drop RV or Alexander down to the Hocking and call it good? That would give you even numbers in both divisions if that is the problem.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Dundas, I'm not being a smart a$$ because I really don't know but has VC played Jackson historically or Warren (after they left the league) in football?
VC football was tough back when O'Rourke walked the sidelines---was Jackson a regular opponent then because mileage wise the two schools are pretty close?

I bet I can guess the answer if you polled the current coaches on whether they want them and if you didn't play them regularly in the past that too speaks volumes.

If we set the league up in the divisions that some want---the only two schools that play Jackson now are Warren and Athens---doesn't that give you your answer on how the vote will go.

Now if the AD doesn't care much about their football program then the all bets are off.

My question is why add someone you don't want to play----because if you did they'd all ready be on the schedule.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Fortdawg wrote:Dundas, I'm not being a smart a$$ because I really don't know but has VC played Jackson historically or Warren (after they left the league) in football?
VC football was tough back when O'Rourke walked the sidelines---was Jackson a regular opponent then because mileage wise the two schools are pretty close?

I bet I can guess the answer if you polled the current coaches on whether they want them and if you didn't play them regularly in the past that too speaks volumes.

If we set the league up in the divisions that some want---the only two schools that play Jackson now are Warren and Athens---doesn't that give you your answer on how the vote will go.

Now if the AD doesn't care much about their football program then the all bets are off.

My question is why add someone you don't want to play----because if you did they'd all ready be on the schedule.
I am pretty sure Alexander, N-Y, River Valley, V-C, Wellston, want absolutely nothing to do with Jackson in football, and none want anything to do with Warren in basketball. So unless some of those are planning on voting them in, and then running from them like we saw another school do in the recent past, I am guessing right there you have enough no votes to make this a dead issue once again. Then in a few months they will apply again, for the 5th or 6th time, and we can all have something to debate on here again. :lol:

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

TVC Man up !!!! Quit being skeered of Jackson. Vote them into the league. Get better by playing better competition.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Blackjack wrote:TVC Man up !!!! Quit being skeered of Jackson. Vote them into the league. Get better by playing better competition.
Out of the ones I listed you might get NY to man up, but not the rest. Especially those that are struggling to build or re-build their programs. Who can blame them? Why add a team you know you can't beat to your schedule when you are not very good to start with?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Fortdawg, VC played Jackson from the early 90's through the late 2000's. VC has, only 2 wins over Jackson and a couple close losses. The Vikes and Ironmen ended the series because VC wanted to schedule down to improve and Jackson wanted someone with more points on the line. My case is, VC has scheduled down now for a while and the program still struggles. Its time to switch it up. If VC is going to be a perennial loser, they might as well make some money and throw it back into the program, field, weightroom etc, to try and jumpstart the program. O'Rourke would be a great addition to the staff as well to get things rolling around here.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com/sport ... l?mode=jqm

Sounds like the next TVC meeting won't be until March unless members won't to discuss expansion sooner than March according to this updated article from Jackson and that Warren has now officially applied to the TVC as of December 9th.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I am betting SG and RV vote the same. I don't think SG would support it if RV was against it. If the league goes to 3 divisions and RV is assigned to the middle division and could almost guarantee that both RV and SG support it. If RV is assigned to the Ohio Division then all bets are off. My guess is SG would not cast a vote that on paper hurts RV. The Raiders are making progress. They are off to a good start in basketball and look to be set up for a 6-7 win season next year in football.

Personally I think the TVC a should take all the old SEOAL schools (including Gallipolis) and split to 3 division or even perhaps 4. Someone posted a scenario that had a Hocking North and South that looked pretty good on paper. Although it had Alexander in Hocking South and they may be a little large.

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

Blackjack wrote:TVC Man up !!!! Quit being skeered of Jackson. Vote them into the league. Get better by playing better competition.
Blackjack if this is your philosophy why would Jackson want to join a small team TVC? Wouldnt jackson be better served in football by being independent and playing larger schools?
My question is why should the TVC rescue Jackson? To give them an automatic advantage? No Thank You! Dont believe the TVC should have to "Play UP" against Jackson in Football.
However i could argue that Jackson has something to learn from Nelsonville, Trimble, and Athens, all of which have more football playoff wins as well as a State Champion and two State runner ups representing the TVC than the ironmen who played in the larger more competitive conference SEOAl. I am happy with the TVC the way it is and I believe the majority of the decision makers feel the same way. So it sounds like Jackson will be the ones who will have to "man up" and be independent or join a big school conference where they can find "tough" football competition. Good Luck Jackson

Return to “Football”