Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Knipp voted out at Rock Hill

Post by Tartanblue »

Time is running out for Rock Hill, the later it gets the less wins you are going to be able to achieve. If the BOE and AD is not in a hurry to find someone then there needs to be a change made all around. If this is drug out any longer could we be talking about Rock Hill dropping football in the future?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think lutz is just the guy to change the entire culture there gametime. but if he is not interested I understand. the way the board operates there, they may have a coaching vacancy when the season starts. and that's just sad for the kids trying to be a part of rebuilding that program there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree blue.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Who all applied originally?

Buckeye77
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye77 »

Tartanblue wrote:Time is running out for Rock Hill, the later it gets the less wins you are going to be able to achieve. If the BOE and AD is not in a hurry to find someone then there needs to be a change made all around. If this is drug out any longer could we be talking about Rock Hill dropping football in the future?
I understand the frustration but the AD, Principle BOE etc should have stepped in a long time ago and made a change. I think over the last 3 years RH has not had a freshman or a JV team. I would have thought someone would have said what is happening to the football program in general. Forget about the wins and losses why is there not anyone coming out to play football?

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Buckeye77 wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:Time is running out for Rock Hill, the later it gets the less wins you are going to be able to achieve. If the BOE and AD is not in a hurry to find someone then there needs to be a change made all around. If this is drug out any longer could we be talking about Rock Hill dropping football in the future?
I understand the frustration but the AD, Principle BOE etc should have stepped in a long time ago and made a change. I think over the last 3 years RH has not had a freshman or a JV team. I would have thought someone would have said what is happening to the football program in general. Forget about the wins and losses why is there not anyone coming out to play football?
Not everyone plays football , Rockhill don't have big numbers in any sport

You can't handle the truth
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I have to agree with Buckeye that the numbers is a direct reflection of what has happened over the past several years.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

This entire situation is completely ridiculous. When hiring a coach, in any sport, what would desirable characteristics be? Alum? Past championships? Playoff appearances? Knowledge of the community? Dedication to the community? Those who comment on the current state of the Rock Hill program and view it in a negative light due to coaching, really? Look around. Which programs have 50 kids any more? Sure, in the 80s and 90s, it was fairly common. Times have changed. Employment opportunities have changed. It is amazing to me how quickly people turn on their own. Todd Knipp should be the head football coach at Rock Hill.....period.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Winchell wrote:This entire situation is completely ridiculous. When hiring a coach, in any sport, what would desirable characteristics be? Alum? Past championships? Playoff appearances? Knowledge of the community? Dedication to the community? Those who comment on the current state of the Rock Hill program and view it in a negative light due to coaching, really? Look around. Which programs have 50 kids any more? Sure, in the 80s and 90s, it was fairly common. Times have changed. Employment opportunities have changed. It is amazing to me how quickly people turn on their own. Todd Knipp should be the head football coach at Rock Hill.....period.
But most programs have more than 20 kids and do have a JV schedule. I am not going to get into who should be coach but what I stated is true.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Game day wrote:
Winchell wrote:This entire situation is completely ridiculous. When hiring a coach, in any sport, what would desirable characteristics be? Alum? Past championships? Playoff appearances? Knowledge of the community? Dedication to the community? Those who comment on the current state of the Rock Hill program and view it in a negative light due to coaching, really? Look around. Which programs have 50 kids any more? Sure, in the 80s and 90s, it was fairly common. Times have changed. Employment opportunities have changed. It is amazing to me how quickly people turn on their own. Todd Knipp should be the head football coach at Rock Hill.....period.
But most programs have more than 20 kids and do have a JV schedule. I am not going to get into who should be coach but what I stated is true.

That is more of a parental/player problem than a coaching issue. If players stay away because they don't want to play for a certain coach, chances are, they are prima donnas, babies or mommy/daddy have no sense. Players should never play because of a coach and should never not (I know) play because of a coach.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Winchell wrote:
Game day wrote:

That is more of a parental/player problem than a coaching issue. If players stay away because they don't want to play for a certain coach, chances are, they are prima donnas, babies or mommy/daddy have no sense. Players should never play because of a coach and should never not (I know) play because of a coach.
U nailed it , This is all about JR High group coming up Everyone talks numbers our numbers are down in all sports , only 4 varsity girls basketball players last year and 6 jv , it's not just football, Even Boys Basketball numbers were down then 3 quit during the season , no heart no respect.

You can't handle the truth
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I don't disagree but really that's what ever school faces in this area.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Game day wrote:I don't disagree but really that's what ever school faces in this area.
Incorrect. The apathy that is currently present at Rock Hill is palpable. They have some decent groups coming up, but if they think numbers are going to drastically rise because Todd isn't there, they are fools. Leave him alone, win the conference and go to the playoffs. ...Again.

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

By the way, I don't mean to sound harsh or defensive. I am just passionate about folks with no frame of reference, calling out coaches who they say don't do a good job. Todd does. He puts his kids in position to be successful. To use an argument against him, for him, he led a team to the playoffs with 20 some kids. Not an easy task.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I can tell you for 1 I was shocked to hear this in ways. in the past I totally thought a change was needed, and I've said that admittedly. but then I saw things starting to get better there. and last year they made the playoffs and were quite competitive in the league with a ''small number of Indians on the tribe''.so I for one thought things were getting better. I know todd myself and he's a great guy, as is bob mccollister. but they are both gone. if they don't have any qualified applicants. they need to ask on bended knees for todd back.if they have someone in mind who is truly more accomplished then hire him.get todd on the staff somehow. one way or another they have to quit beingso secretive and move forward.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if hammer doesn't want the head position, get him in as an offensive co-ordinator. that's what he does.and build a qualified staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I had a great bunch of rock hill guys that coached with me when I coached youth football, and we built it internally.
guys were all from rock hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

just because a program has not been highly successful doesn't mean you can't build a great staff internally from your home school.with people past and present.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I hear you but one year does not make a turn around. I work with someone that played football at RH. He played on the varsity four years. He told me they won 5 ball games in four years. I won't get into the coaching part but that would be tuff four years!

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Game day wrote:I hear you but one year does not make a turn around. I work with someone that played football at RH. He played on the varsity four years. He told me they won 5 ball games in four years. I won't get into the coaching part but that would be tuff four years!

Yes, it would be a tough 4 years. But, what did any of the players do in that particular group, to change the results? My point is, if a coach has won conference championships and made the playoffs with certain groups, did he all of a sudden forget how to coach with other groups? Perhaps the talent was not very good those 4 years. (gasp!) I don't care how good a coach is, he must have some talent to be successful. Good coaches can win with talent, bad coaches can lose with it.

Return to “Football”