Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

SiderSam
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth West 49 - 6 Northwest 2022 Playoffs

Post by SiderSam »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:22 pm
SiderSam wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:33 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Yes the personal fouls especially. Northwest had 2 boys on top of one of ours and we got the flag. Was told the ref told the coach that he’s lucky he didn’t throw one of our boys out and you watch the film and he literally didn’t do anything, just guilty of being around the scene. And the other was on a long touchdown on the west side like. You could see the ref holding his flag the entire time he wanted to throw it so bad. He did throw it on what couldn’t have been a more text book and beautiful block. That flag was eventually waved off after discussion, but just the point I was making
It was Eddie Deemer that was the official that said that about kicking out our player. We really need to get some West people out in stripes! If not it’s not going to be good! I would never take a ref crew that had a Porter Township supporter!
You apparently know his name. Does he know yours? Perhaps you could introduce yourself and tell him your concerns
Every one in Southern Ohio knows who he is, It’s no secret lol
Btw Hi I am Sam and I would love to tell him how bad he sucks as well as a few others.
Sorry not sorry

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderSam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:41 pm

It was Eddie Deemer that was the official that said that about kicking out our player. We really need to get some West people out in stripes! If not it’s not going to be good! I would never take a ref crew that had a Porter Township supporter!
You apparently know his name. Does he know yours? Perhaps you could introduce yourself and tell him your concerns
Every one in Southern Ohio knows who he is, It’s no secret lol
Btw Hi I am Sam and I would love to tell him how bad he sucks as well as a few others.
Sorry not sorry
Sam ? You said first and last.

SEOREF
Waterboy

Post by SEOREF »

SiderBlood wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Yes the personal fouls especially. Northwest had 2 boys on top of one of ours and we got the flag. Was told the ref told the coach that he’s lucky he didn’t throw one of our boys out and you watch the film and he literally didn’t do anything, just guilty of being around the scene. And the other was on a long touchdown on the west side like. You could see the ref holding his flag the entire time he wanted to throw it so bad. He did throw it on what couldn’t have been a more text book and beautiful block. That flag was eventually waved off after discussion, but just the point I was making
I am an official. I said “lol” because at this point, that’s the only thing we as officials can respond with. We are never able to defend ourselves. I joined this forum to try and do that. So many people are the first to bash us, but we are very rarely ever able to defend ourselves. And what happens if we do? We get suspended. I am sick of my fellow officials being berated, especially from fans whose teams win in such an uneven game such as this one. It is sad to see as an official. We are human. I do not show up at your place of work and berate you over every thing you do. Every move you make. I would really encourage you to become an official. I believe you would enjoy learning some of the “how” and “why” that goes into what we do. We would love to have you, seeing as you stated that we should’ve just stayed home, someone will have to take our place. Maybe that could be you?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SEOREF wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:14 pm

I am an official. I said “lol” because at this point, that’s the only thing we as officials can respond with. We are never able to defend ourselves. I joined this forum to try and do that. So many people are the first to bash us, but we are very rarely ever able to defend ourselves. And what happens if we do? We get suspended. I am sick of my fellow officials being berated, especially from fans whose teams win in such an uneven game such as this one. It is sad to see as an official. We are human. I do not show up at your place of work and berate you over every thing you do. Every move you make. I would really encourage you to become an official. I believe you would enjoy learning some of the “how” and “why” that goes into what we do. We would love to have you, seeing as you stated that we should’ve just stayed home, someone will have to take our place. Maybe that could be you?
I may have been wrong saying just stay home. And thank you for your time and what you do. I have volunteered as an umpire and youth basketball games. I know it’s not an easy job, and lose lose situation with people complaining in most situations. I respect the people that do it and know it’s not an easy job. People absolutely make mistakes. When the same mistakes happen repeatedly and nothing changes that is my gripe. Every thing in this world is free to be critiqued. I’m held accountable at my job if I don’t do it right. I have seen very bad crews and very good ones. The moving of the ball really irked me. Literally every single play. The other was the personal foul calls. When a player is called for a personal foul and literally not involved, that’s an issue. And then to double down on it and tell a coach he’s lucky he didn’t throw him out of a game makes you lose credibility. If the player was deserving that’s another story, but I watched the game, and two angles of the game film where the call was phantom. He could have said something, but the refs story was he was pushing a player and moved a ref. Just not true.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 am

I may have been wrong saying just stay home. And thank you for your time and what you do. I have volunteered as an umpire and youth basketball games. I know it’s not an easy job, and lose lose situation with people complaining in most situations. I respect the people that do it and know it’s not an easy job. People absolutely make mistakes. When the same mistakes happen repeatedly and nothing changes that is my gripe. Every thing in this world is free to be critiqued. I’m held accountable at my job if I don’t do it right. I have seen very bad crews and very good ones. The moving of the ball really irked me. Literally every single play. The other was the personal foul calls. When a player is called for a personal foul and literally not involved, that’s an issue. And then to double down on it and tell a coach he’s lucky he didn’t throw him out of a game makes you lose credibility. If the player was deserving that’s another story, but I watched the game, and two angles of the game film where the call was phantom. He could have said something, but the refs story was he was pushing a player and moved a ref. Just not true.
Thank you! Nice response!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
SEOREF
Waterboy

Post by SEOREF »

SiderBlood wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 am

I do appreciate your response. However we can respectfully agree to disagree on a few items, but that’s life! Good luck to you guys moving forward in the playoffs.

Return to “Football”