JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: JACKSON vs IRONTON scrimmage 8/23

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Ironton needs to find about 2 more receivers who will catch the football. Way too many great throws dropped tonight and it’s not getting any better. Other than the bad drops, the Tigers looked for real. Junior Jones was a man amongst young men tonight. Good luck blocking that front 3 this year.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:45 pm Ironton needs to find about 2 more receivers who will catch the football. Way too many great throws dropped tonight and it’s not getting any better. Other than the bad drops, the Tigers looked for real. Junior Jones was a man amongst young men tonight. Good luck blocking that front 3 this year.
Was he number 2?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 pm
countywide35 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:12 pm Good ole fashioned beat down

Lots of things that are expected in a scrimmage contributes to
That. One things for sure. Athens don’t even belong in the same stadium let alone field with those two teams. They need to pray for the TVC to stay in. Good ol fashion beat down would be being kind to the Athens had they lined up agaisnt those two teams tonight.

And that’s a fact

Jackson vs Athens is a huge bragging rights game that will be settled week 2.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Junior Jones is #2

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:54 pm Junior Jones is #2
Is he the one going to Ohio state ? He was easily best player on the field

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

No offers that I know of yet but if he keeps it up they will come.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 pm No offers that I know of yet but if he keeps it up they will come.
BUILD IT.

They will come!

Gotigersgo!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 pm No offers that I know of yet but if he keeps it up they will come.
Is number 2 the one who came from Ashland ?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Lol yeah he came from Ashland. My question is does he live in Ashland still?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

laser breath wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:47 pm
No, he lives in Ironton.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

He never lived in Ashland, he only went to school there.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 am

He’s from south Point. Went to Ashland. Now lives ironton. Got it.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Doesn’t matter where he came from or went to school before. He was still Ironton’s most productive player on the field. Ironton’s QB also looks very capable, but needs a few more options at receiver. The Jackson QB looks good and the current bright spot on the offense, with the exception of forcing that pass down close to the goal line, (Gotta just throw that away) but needs some help with his O line holding up for him. We know one thing for sure though...Jackson will get their run game going sooner rather than later. Lots of talent there also. Jackson’s defense looks strong.
But hey, it’s all a work in progress. Both teams will be just fine in their conferences I think. Good luck to both.
Last edited by BigBen on Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's open enrollment, every school has it.
excited to hear what I'm hearing about the scrimmage about 2 big physical teams.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

laser breath wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:18 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 am

He’s from south Point. Went to Ashland. Now lives ironton. Got it.
I believe it’s been explained why he lives in Ironton, no need to rehash that for the young man.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Nobody is rehashing anything. Just following the trail on how he got there. From what I saw,kid is a stud.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

WOW!

Junior Jones is quite the discovery for many of us in the last 24-hours.

This young man has Jumped many hurdles In his life & I just wanna give a shout out to his strength during a very challenging time.
He’s been through a ton and is headed in the right direction regardless of where he’s decided to play!

He’s got some amazing video video on MaxPreps.com from his active years at Ashland.

An excerpt from the article below speaks volumes to to those surrounding him as his support system.

They are lifting him up and this is a great example of community we have in the Tri-State.

Something we should ALL strive for and rally behind, regardless of who we support as our favorite team!

“Junior Jones has been a good player in the area for a while,” Pendleton said. ”He’s become a part of this family. He’s doing a great job.”

Jones grew up in Ohio and played briefly at South Point as a freshman. He spent the next two years as a key member of Ashland’s defense before being sidelined by injury.

In between two shoulder surgeries, Jones tragically lost his father — Joshua Jones, Sr. — in January. Junior’s back in his home state full-time, hoping to finish his high school career on a high note.

“I’m just trying to do the best I can,” Jones said. “It’s been hard with my dad passing, very rough. He always pushed me. His biggest goal for me was to make something of myself.”

Jones said he’s thankful for his time in Ashland and playing for the Tomcats.

“Those two years were good for me,” he said. “It taught me about who I am and what I can do. There are a lot of good people over there.”

Now Jones will be seeing the Ashland-Ironton rivalry from the other side.

“It was kind of tough to think about at first,” he said. “That’s always a big game.”

Jones said his shoulders have healed well. He’s happy to be wearing an Ironton jersey — No. 2.

“My background is in Ohio; it’s very special,” Jones said. “I’m trying to focus on us getting to the state championship.”

Good luck to this young man in his final year at IHS & his future after graduation!

Keep Fighting!!!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

From the looks of things last night Jackson is down compared to years past. I believe they might be kinda young but that wasn’t a Jackson team that people are use to seeing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:33 am WOW!

Junior Jones is quite the discovery for many of us in the last 24-hours.

This young man has Jumped many hurdles In his life & I just wanna give a shout out to his strength during a very challenging time.
He’s been through a ton and is headed in the right direction regardless of where he’s decided to play!

He’s got some amazing video video on MaxPreps.com from his active years at Ashland.

An excerpt from the article below speaks volumes to to those surrounding him as his support system.

They are lifting him up and this is a great example of community we have in the Tri-State.

Something we should ALL strive for and rally behind, regardless of who we support as our favorite team!

“Junior Jones has been a good player in the area for a while,” Pendleton said. ”He’s become a part of this family. He’s doing a great job.”

Jones grew up in Ohio and played briefly at South Point as a freshman. He spent the next two years as a key member of Ashland’s defense before being sidelined by injury.

In between two shoulder surgeries, Jones tragically lost his father — Joshua Jones, Sr. — in January. Junior’s back in his home state full-time, hoping to finish his high school career on a high note.

“I’m just trying to do the best I can,” Jones said. “It’s been hard with my dad passing, very rough. He always pushed me. His biggest goal for me was to make something of myself.”

Jones said he’s thankful for his time in Ashland and playing for the Tomcats.

“Those two years were good for me,” he said. “It taught me about who I am and what I can do. There are a lot of good people over there.”

Now Jones will be seeing the Ashland-Ironton rivalry from the other side.

“It was kind of tough to think about at first,” he said. “That’s always a big game.”

Jones said his shoulders have healed well. He’s happy to be wearing an Ironton jersey — No. 2.

“My background is in Ohio; it’s very special,” Jones said. “I’m trying to focus on us getting to the state championship.”

Good luck to this young man in his final year at IHS & his future after graduation!

Keep Fighting!!!

Good for him! I’ll be rooting for that kid

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBen wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:25 am Doesn’t matter where he came from or went to school before. He was still Ironton’s most productive player on the field. Ironton’s QB also looks very capable, but needs a few more options at receiver. The Jackson QB looks good and the current bright spot on the offense, with the exception of forcing that pass down close to the goal line, (Gotta just throw that away) but needs some help with his O line holding up for him. We know one thing for sure though...Jackson will get their run game going sooner rather than later. Lots of talent there also. Jackson’s defense looks strong.
But hey, it’s all a work in progress. Both teams will be just fine in their conferences I think. Good luck to both.
Prater looked quite bright

Return to “Football”