Minford 22 Nelsonville-York 6

mglight88
SE

Re: Minford 22 Nelsonville-York 6

Post by mglight88 »

Minford next year has added back Chesapeake week 2 and East Clinton week five. Not sure other non-conference opponents at this time.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Minford has improved a lot but are also benefiting from an extremely weak non conference schedule. 6-3 heading into valley which is always a toss up regardless of records.... no way they beat any W's this year...but definitely heading in the right direction 7-3 might get them to week 11

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

falcon117 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:44 am
NewEra wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:06 am I see Minford being 7-0 heading into Wheelersburg. West is not unbeatable for Minford this year, however the unforced errors have to stop.
7-0 is very much a possibility. I watched West vs.PHS it was sloppy game in the first half; however both team are beatable, but have the potential to be good. If Minford wants to compete in the SOCII this year, they must learn to capitalize every time they're in the red-zone and on the other teams mistakes.
Looking that the rest of their SOC schedule, Burg is the only game they have that is not considered winnable. Waverly will be interesting if they are ale to throw the ball like they gave in the past. Minford's run defense has been solid so I think that makes the West game more interesting. I assume Minford can handle Valley, but we could see another game like 2016. If Minford can steal one of the games from Waverly or West, the playoffs might be in their future.
I watched Ironton play right with Burg if you take out the first 2 minutes of that game. For the most part Ironton controlled Burgs running game. The second half played 14-6 in favor of Burg.

They are beatable. Can Minford play more physical and mistake free to make it a game? That is to be seen. Minford has the LB and DB play to at least minimalize Burgs passing game to an extend. But first foremost they have to stop Burg from running all over them and win in the trenches. Burgs D line is fast and strong. Easier said than done, but not impossible. A turnover or two can drastically change a football game and its momentum.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:06 pm NY will regroup and be okay. Go Bucks!
I was impressed with NY. They played extremely hard and were well coached. They got Minford last year and Minford was just better this year.

Does this series continue next year or was this the end of the scheduled series between them?
I hope so, I mean other than the drive I think it is a good competitive game with great atmospheres

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:06 pm NY will regroup and be okay. Go Bucks!
I was impressed with NY. They played extremely hard and were well coached. They got Minford last year and Minford was just better this year.

Does this series continue next year or was this the end of the scheduled series between them?
I hope so, I mean other than the drive I think it is a good competitive game with great atmospheres
It is supposed to end after this season. I think minford wanted to pick us up for a one year deal in a couple years.
Nelsonville-York would have played another home and home but I think Minford may have that week filled for the upcoming years so they didn't renew.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^I agree this series should continue for the next 10-yrs. Usually these are great games. With both D5 and different regions and just over an hour apart, why wouldn't the ADs keep this going for their Non-Conf schedule? Usually these are great games.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm ^I agree this series should continue for the next 10-yrs. Usually these are great games. With both D5 and different regions and just over an hour apart, why wouldn't the ADs keep this going for their Non-Conf schedule? Usually these are great games.
Nelsonville-York is D6 but I agree this would be a great long term series!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”