What's next for the SEOAL?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by loganlocos »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote: Remember it was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2012. It was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2011 also. Just sayin. :122245
Hey, the Buckeyes have always been a formidable opponent, especially against mid-to-bottom SEOAL teams. Logan has been one of the worst teams in the SEOAL the last two season and N-Y has beat up on them. It's what I expect out of their program. They even knocked off a couple of SEOAL champions when they were at their best.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Dundas -- per Joe Eitel, Athens was D-II in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 they went 9-1 and MISSED the playoff because the TVC schedule was so weak, where they lost to N-Y. Despite playing the weaker schedule, Athens hasn't been that good. Looks like they will make the playoffs this year . They will get bounced out because they aren't that good.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not sure why the "cut and run" thing is being made such a big deal of ... Athens till plays all the SEOAL schools in every sport ... heck, Athens is even in the SEOAL in soccer.

Athens played Warren, Jackson, Gallia Academy ... and added Logan in 2015 in football ... they didn't cut, run or hide - they just switched the dates of the games.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Athens first year in the TVC-Ohio was in 2008 and they were DIII. They were also DIII in 2007, their last year in the SEOAL.

The Bulldogs have flipped b/w DII and DIII most of the last 13 years if memory serves me. But I went back and checked '07 and '08.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LoganLocos wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
Paladin wrote:I have been saying for years that the REAL problem in SEO isn't school sizes -- ITS COMPETITION. Everyone down there RUNS from it. Athens included . Teams who ran from the SEOAL couldn't compete. Had nothing to do with their size. When Athens left for the TVC, they were a D-II school.

Some of you look really FOOLISH !
Paladin, u are not getting it, schools go through cycles. Logan was at its best when d1. Now they are the doormat and Athens is blowing out the seoal. Athens still plays the seoal in every sport for games. Athens likes the tvc because the gates are huge. Seoal doesn't travel. Money talks

1) Athens has not beaten a champion from the SEOAL yet. Read above.

2) Athens is improved at the gate b/c THEIR OWN fans are finally showing up. Logan used to come fill up the visitor side and and half the Athens side. So did Jackson and Gallia. Maybe you're too young to remember.
I remember the grant Gregory games. About half as many ppl as now. Seoal has never traveled well. So Athens would be seoal champ, 12,13,14,15. Remember Gallia beat burrow cuz it was his first game. Remember if Athens wash in the seoal, they would play later in the season. They blew out Gallia 63 to 19. Beat Jackson 49 to 0. One of them will win the seoal this year. Logan sports are no better than Athens. That is idiotic to say

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

LoganLocos wrote:Athens first year in the TVC-Ohio was in 2008 and they were DIII. They were also DIII in 2007, their last year in the SEOAL.

The Bulldogs have flipped b/w DII and DIII most of the last 13 years if memory serves me. But I went back and checked '07 and '08.
That's exactly right. Paladin, I try to be factual and most of the time I am correct.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:Dundas -- per Joe Eitel, Athens was D-II in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 they went 9-1 and MISSED the playoff because the TVC schedule was so weak, where they lost to N-Y. Despite playing the weaker schedule, Athens hasn't been that good. Looks like they will make the playoffs this year . They will get bounced out because they aren't that good.
Athens is picked to go to state. Athens kind of has the whole team back from a regional final run and the best QB ever from SEO

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Logan
Marietta
Warren

perfect league. Outside of Logan, all the same size and a close travel league

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

LoganLocos wrote:
A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote: Remember it was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2012. It was YOUR Chieftains who got blown out by TVC runner up D5 N-Y in 2011 also. Just sayin. :122245
Hey, the Buckeyes have always been a formidable opponent, especially against mid-to-bottom SEOAL teams. Logan has been one of the worst teams in the SEOAL the last two season and N-Y has beat up on them. It's what I expect out of their program. They even knocked off a couple of SEOAL champions when they were at their best.
I'm just foolin' ya bud, I hate that every post where Athens/Logan fans both post somehow turns into a "male chicken" measuring contest between the two. I know this was a heated rivalry between the two for many years but some of this stuff is unnecessary. Yes Logan was GREAT a few years back and Athens was terrible and now the roles are reversed, basically we all agree on that so why keep bringing it up? Athens moving to the TVC has been over 5 years now for goodness sakes, Athens is in a better situation now and that can't be argued from any angle even though many try, Logan is improving and is on their way back to being successful on the gridiron again SEOAL or no SEOAL so lets leave it at that for now.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
I remember the grant Gregory games. About half as many ppl as now. Seoal has never traveled well. So Athens would be seoal champ, 12,13,14,15. Remember Gallia beat burrow cuz it was his first game. Remember if Athens wash in the seoal, they would play later in the season. They blew out Gallia 63 to 19. Beat Jackson 49 to 0. One of them will win the seoal this year. Logan sports are no better than Athens. That is idiotic to say
Again, I'm on the football forum talking about football. Talk about tennis and soccer somewhere else.

First of all, there was one Grant Gregory game in The Plains, so no "games". I think Athens brought about 50 ppl to Bill Sauer Field the year before in 2002. Logan's band was always bigger than the Athens crowd.

The only team who brings more people to Rutter Field than Logan did is N-Y.

There wasn't a SEAT on the visitor side and people were standing about 3 deep on the visitor side fence. Plus there was a lot of purple sitting with the green and gold faithful. You couldn't put twice that many at Rutter Field.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts.....

"It was Burrow's first game....." Waaah Waaaah

Athens hasn't beaten a team that won the SEOAL since they moved to the TVC-Ohio. Maybe that will change this year. But it hasn't yet. And I deal with the facts. Sorry if the truth hurts.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote: I'm just foolin' ya bud, I hate that every post where Athens/Logan fans both post somehow turns into a "male chicken" measuring contest between the two. I know this was a heated rivalry between the two for many years but some of this stuff is unnecessary. Yes Logan was GREAT a few years back and Athens was terrible and now the roles are reversed, basically we all agree on that so why keep bringing it up? Athens moving to the TVC has been over 5 years now for goodness sakes, Athens is in a better situation now and that can't be argued from any angle even though many try, Logan is improving and is on their way back to being successful on the gridiron again SEOAL or no SEOAL so lets leave it at that for now.
Hey brother, I'm with you. If you could get your buddy RAIDER to stop talking about all things Athens "WILL" or "CAN" do, I'll stay the heck out of it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

You're saying Athens is no good. Nothing better than firing up Logan ppl. Its the same as Nelsonville ppl

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin wrote:Dundas -- per Joe Eitel, Athens was D-II in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 they went 9-1 and MISSED the playoff because the TVC schedule was so weak, where they lost to N-Y. Despite playing the weaker schedule, Athens hasn't been that good. Looks like they will make the playoffs this year . They will get bounced out because they aren't that good.
Zanesville a then member of the SEOAL was also 9-1 in the same region (D2 R7) as Athens that season and didn't make it in the playoffs either so what is your point?

Athens finished 12th at (9-1) 16.8793 AVG.
Zanesville finished 13th at (9-1) 16.4000 AVG.

Try Again Paladin! :mrgreen:
Last edited by A-Town Big Dog on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Athens is picked to go to State ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By who ? Looking at the computer rankings, they will have to go thru Marion-Franklin, New Philly, Granville, West Holmes and Columbus Brookhaven. They are probably even with Chilly. They might also have to face a possible Dover or Sheridan. DeSales is an outside possibility. Other than Chilly, I'd say they are in trouble. When Athens steps outside of SEO, they'll get eaten alive. 8)

So you are saying Athens wins the Region to go to State ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

LoganLocos wrote:
A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote: I'm just foolin' ya bud, I hate that every post where Athens/Logan fans both post somehow turns into a "male chicken" measuring contest between the two. I know this was a heated rivalry between the two for many years but some of this stuff is unnecessary. Yes Logan was GREAT a few years back and Athens was terrible and now the roles are reversed, basically we all agree on that so why keep bringing it up? Athens moving to the TVC has been over 5 years now for goodness sakes, Athens is in a better situation now and that can't be argued from any angle even though many try, Logan is improving and is on their way back to being successful on the gridiron again SEOAL or no SEOAL so lets leave it at that for now.
Hey brother, I'm with you. If you could get your buddy RAIDER to stop talking about all things Athens "WILL" or "CAN" do, I'll stay the heck out of it.
I figure that I have about as much of a chance of keeping RAIDER from making predictions as you do of keeping Paladin from doing the same. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:Athens is picked to go to State ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By who ? Looking at the computer rankings, they will have to go thru Marion-Franklin, New Philly, Granville, West Holmes and Columbus Brookhaven. They are probably even with Chilly. They might also have to face a possible Dover or Sheridan. DeSales is an outside possibility. Other than Chilly, I'd say they are in trouble. When Athens steps outside of SEO, they'll get eaten alive. 8)

So you are saying Athens wins the Region to go to State ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2013/7/30/divis ... 9-overview

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hey, Paladin and I have been on this site since 04, we like to fight. Only banned once, 08 lol

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Big Dog. Athens went 9-1 and missed the playoffs as the Champ of the TVC.

Zanesville did NOT win the SEOAL when they went 9-1 that year. Logan did, who beat them 26-0. So the second place team didn't go from the SEOAL.

TVC ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

SEOAL ? 8) 8) 8)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:Big Dog. Athens went 9-1 and missed the playoffs as the Champ of the TVC.

Zanesville did NOT win the SEOAL when they went 9-1 that year. Logan did, who beat them 26-0. So the second place team didn't go from the SEOAL.

SEOAL ? 8) 8) 8)
Athens was co champ, not outright

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Paladin wrote:Big Dog. Athens went 9-1 and missed the playoffs as the Champ of the TVC.

SEOAL ? 8) 8) 8)
Did a team from the SEOAL (champion or not) go (9-1) the same year and MISS the playoffs? YES that is a FACT! Athens was Co Champions with N-Y that season in the TVC. You said that the weak TVC schedule kept Athens from the playoffs (who lost only to a TVC champ in N-Y) at (9-1). I am merely pointing out that not only did SEOAL member Zanesville not make the playoffs at (9-1) (lost only to SEOAL champ) either but the "weak" Athens TVC schedule gained them more points than the mighty SEOAL schedule did. Athens theoretically could have been a SEOAL member, could have lost only to Logan, finished (9-1) and still and not made the playoffs either. So your comparison was a bit off.

Return to “Football”