week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

local superstar
All State

Re: week 10 (3-6) Ironton at (7-2) Raceland KY

Post by local superstar »

Unusual to blame whatever you fans want to blame on every coach but the head coach! Never heard of that? It seems the only requirement for coaching in Ironton is to be related to Bob or Mike, no experience necessary. That puzzles me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

1 thing I know for sure ironton's fighting tigers will be back. proud of you all this year for not throwing the towel in when things were rough. it's not that you fall, but that you keep getting back up. everybody loves winning seasons, but years down the road from now, you'll draw on this season as a source of strength. and ironton fans love ya, no matter the record, YOU ARE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

we should never sign a contract with this school again. the officials were looking for any opportunity to flag ironton for any little push shove etc. one player was blocked into the fray and was flagged!! i was there and close to many of the plays. and it was blatant!! take these calls away and who knows how this game goes.....

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

local superstar wrote:Unusual to blame whatever you fans want to blame on every coach but the head coach! Never heard of that? It seems the only requirement for coaching in Ironton is to be related to Bob or Mike, no experience necessary. That puzzles me.

I have often wondered how limited they are because of this neopotism thing they got going on.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Ironton has big line big tight ends great fullback.Dont get it.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

local superstar wrote:Ironton has big line big tight ends great fullback.Dont get it.

oh I got it its simple!! dig through the stats and watch the game and you will get it too!!

and they have 2 really good tailbacks and a great kicker that just showed up last night!!

40 yd field goals

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The new kicker is a South Point kid who transferred to Ironton a few weeks ago.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

osumufan wrote:The new kicker is a South Point kid who transferred to Ironton a few weeks ago.
I had to work and didn't see the game. What grade is he in, how good of a kicker is he and why did he leave South Point?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
osumufan wrote:The new kicker is a South Point kid who transferred to Ironton a few weeks ago.
I had to work and didn't see the game. What grade is he in, how good of a kicker is he and why did he leave South Point?
looked a little nervous but he did hit 40 yd field goal in pre game

I would expect the nerves not sure if it was cause never played football , soccer player or what!! definitely a asset to team!!

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

local superstar wrote:Ironton has big line big tight ends great fullback.Dont get it.
Yeah u can have all that! But don't do u no good if you don't have a coach calling the right plays!

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

does that make three kids from south point that tranfered to Ironton this year. Hell no wonder south point is having trouble.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Wonder if they will go back to their hometowns Rock Hill, Grove and Point (5 transfers that I know of)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

knightruner wrote:does that make three kids from south point that tranfered to Ironton this year. Hell no wonder south point is having trouble.
Only 1 of them played Football at South Point and he's a Sophomore this year at Ironton. The Kicker didn't play Football at South Point from what I understand, the other one plays Basketball.

We had 2 Transfer out of Ironton that no one cares to talk about, a Lineman that transferred to South Point (and started) and a heck of a RB that transferred to Ashland.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Wonder if they will go back to their hometowns Rock Hill, Grove and Point (5 transfers that I know of)
Why would they?

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

urban buck wrote:Wonder if they will go back to their hometowns Rock Hill, Grove and Point (5 transfers that I know of)
I would! I know CG has a great team and has lost several to area schools. Imagine them with all players. Ironton talks always come down to how they have to have transfers in order to win games. To make matters worse I think the "struggling" SP team beat Ironton in the rankings. Take away transfers who knows how many games Ironton would have lost this year.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

The kid that transferred to South Point was always a South Point kid. He just came nack to SP at the end of the 2012 season. He went Ironton due to a family emergency in custody. And the kid that eent to Ashland wasnt he a Burg resident to begin with.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

bigpoppipop wrote:
I would! I know CG has a great team and has lost several to area schools. Imagine them with all players. Ironton talks always come down to how they have to have transfers in order to win games. To make matters worse I think the "struggling" SP team beat Ironton in the rankings. Take away transfers who knows how many games Ironton would have lost this year.
Struggling Pointers struggled with the schedule they played! Let Pointers play Tigers schedule who knows how many games they would have lost. Prob all of them!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we'll get to see , one way or another now.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Gus wrote:
bigpoppipop wrote:
Struggling Pointers struggled with the schedule they played! Let Pointers play Tigers schedule who knows how many games they would have lost. Prob all of them!!!!!!!!
Absolutely 0-10 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LITTLE TIGER
Waterboy

Post by LITTLE TIGER »

cg-ironton fan wrote:simply to sum up ironton season #8 is a tailback not a QB and anyone that don't believe me go check the stats and yes ironton we need some1 that knows how to run a offense the play calling SUCKED and no its NOT execution (numerous 3rd and long run plays being called)

before any1 says bad officiating and yes it was it DID NOT have affect on the final score!!!

work these 2 issues out and yes next season ironton will go 8-2 9-1 keep the same stuff going and its another 3-7 , season

definetly HAMMER TIME

KUDOS TO VASS (he is not the problem)
coach Vass made the statement in the newspaper the line was getting beaten badly so we could not run the ball, so why not try some of the other "big" lineman that were on the sideline #52, #73 #76 i know #52 has played a lot his year & done well was he hurt or something

Return to “Football”