Fort Frye 35 Waterford 14

efarns
S

Re: Week 3 Waterford 14 @ Fort Frye 35 Final.

Post by efarns »

Waterford is good. I will be interested to see how they match up with Trimble.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Lots to like about the effort from both teams. FF took a punch in the mouth in the first half and came out swinging after halftime. With 8 mins left in the game Waterford drove it all the way down to the 2 yard line with a 4 chances to tie or take the lead. Easy to throw darts at the play calling at the goal line, but if he scores everybody cheers. I'm sure the coach won't sleep well tonight, but he was trying to win the game. He will probably drop the cute plays from the red zone, and let the kids decide it next time. He will learn. I just hope the parents don't poison the kids tonight, because it's obvious that they play hard for him.Trainwreck at the end of the game, a lot like last year kinda ruined it. Coulda woulda shoulda won't change anything.Learn and move on. Don't let FF beat us twice. Congrats and good luck to FF.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford is a great team they hit Fort in the mouth and are playoff bound. Fort Frye made the plays when they had to causing a turnover on every drive in the 2nd half except the last in the game. Bellville dominated on the Wildcat first drive of the 2nd but when they got in the Redzone they threw a fade and was picked by Tate Engle. Next drive they get it inside the 1 and throw a backwards pass that was picked up by Tate Engle. The next drive Tye Rowley stripped Huffman and Clay Baker took it 60 yards to the house. The Cadets made plays when they had to. Clay Baker and Lockery had great games when they keyed on Lewis. My player of the game was Tate on defense he came up with 2 game changing plays. Also think Lockery did great on Wyatt.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Game was similar to last year when the Cadets only lead 7-0 going into the 4th and ended up winning 28-0. Wish the best for Waterford I got them going 9-1.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

The coach's playcalling got them to the two yard line. He didn't suddenly become a bad coach. It just didn't work. I think EDspy's observation is right on. The Wildcat players got tired and weren't executing as well in the second half.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Did like the Wildcats game plan they kept the ball out of the Forts hand for most of the first half.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Agree. Waterford had no answer for the counter FF ran in the second half. Big read option keep on 4th down to keep the tying drive alive. FF executed better with less mistakes and that's the ballgame.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I thought Fort could of passed more if they wanted. I just think they were being a little bit more conservative trying not to turn it over.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

I wish they would have passed more.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I dunno give me Brady Carpenter over #32 Strahler all day.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Did FF even complete a pass in the second half? I thought Waterford covered pretty well. In the first half dropped a d end into coverage vs twins and we paid for it. Other than that we were ok.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I don't think they attempted many if any off the top of my head.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The Waterford corners were lining up 8-12 yards off the ball if he would of just thrown in to Carpenter it was 8 yards a play.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 3 Waterford (2-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

MeyerSpread wrote:Fort Frye must have really improved since their Southern Scrimmage if everyone thinks they are just going to roll over Waterford!
Enough with this scrimmage by the way it was super irrelevant. Oh by the way told you Southern would roll Wahama.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

EasternDspy wrote:
MeyerSpread wrote:Fort Frye must have really improved since their Southern Scrimmage if everyone thinks they are just going to roll over Waterford!
Enough with this scrimmage by the way it was super irrelevant. Oh by the way told you Southern would roll Wahama.
I'm eating crow. Good win! But it was closer than you thought I bet. 14-14 going into 4th Qtr... Waterford could very easily win the Hocking and make a playoff run.

Who wins? Southern or Waterford?

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Maybe so but I saw a lot of scrambling throws and wasted downs. A few more of those here and there would have helped. When you throw a pass 3 things can happen and two of them are bad.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MeyerSpread wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:
I'm eating crow. Good win! But it was closer than you thought I bet. 14-14 going into 4th Qtr... Waterford could very easily win the Hocking and make a playoff run.

Who wins? Southern or Waterford?
I actually think Southern and Waterford are better teams then Trimble. I still got Waterford they played us tough just like last year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stats were pretty even Wildcats actually out gained FF
332-322 but the 11 penalties for 95 yards and 3 turnovers did them in.

Bellville 9 for 91 Rushing 3 69 Rec Td
Huffman 8-21 124 yards 2 TDs 1 Int 2 Fumbles
Mccutcheon 10 for 23 3 for 35 Rec

Fort Frye
Clay Baker 10 - 137 actually best runner in the game
Casey Lewis 18- 50 Td
Garrett Lockery 7- 57 2 TDs 2 65 Td
Tate Engle 3-8 74 TD

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Re: Fort Frye 35 Waterford 14

Post by Lindy »

Waterford isn't very good boys. They played on emotions early and then coach Huck was able to get things in order.

Return to “Football”