1%
Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

knightruner
JV Team

Re: OVC 2016

Post by knightruner »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:it certainly is. and in a rural area at that woby. a streak likely to never be broken.
I heard that Coldwater will be down this year they only have 87 out to play.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

whatever will they do runner.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I know one thing when you go to one of their games there isn't to many high school male bodies to count in their stands that's still in school. I just hope the schools in the OVC can really turn it up a couple notches. I don't I have any relations playing this year down there. I need a good reason to go south to see them play. YTB maybe we can get together in Waverly one of these days. I have a good friend who's son played for Waverly and was one hell of a quaterback. They called him D.R. as in Danile Roberson. I know he took them into the playoffs. His dad and I played football at South Point in the sixties. We lived up the same hollow.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sounds like a plan runner. I sent you a pm.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think this a critical year for the Tigers! They have not played up to their potential for last 2 years. I have seen some changes I like, this is a year in my mind that we need to step up our game. Good Luck Tigers!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Anyone heard where previews are this year ?

You can't handle the truth
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

honestly I don't think ironton has played to their potential in 7/8 years.can they get things back to normal again for them. they set a high bar. time to re-claim some crowns.

ItsAllAboutTheU
Waterboy

Post by ItsAllAboutTheU »

I'm still here with you YTB. Different name, same guy. I've said for a while that it is a combination of coaching and entitlement on the players part.

It's a Canes thing. You wouldn't understand.
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I think Portsmouth is suffering from the same state of affairs. With the resurgence of our storied basketball program, the young men are playing ball all summer, with less dependence on a weight program to get them over the hump on the football field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ItsAllAboutTheU wrote:I'm still here with you YTB. Different name, same guy. I've said for a while that it is a combination of coaching and entitlement on the players part.

OH I THINK IT JUST HIT ME.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

knightruner wrote:Just got back from the northeast visit with my grandson who had a football camp at U. Akron. My grandson is only 11 but they had real good camp for them to take part in. While I was up there I though why not drive by some of the High Schools and see if anybody was lifting. Now I am not going to say what schools I went to but just this 3 were just north of I76 and 3 were a little bit south of I76 around I77. Out of the 6 schools 3 were in the play offs and 3 were not and 1 of them just missed the play offs. So did i find anybody lifting in early June. You bet and not only lifting but running with sleds and all kinds of workouts. I didn't see a coach or a trainer around but a few janitors. Each group of kids that I saw working out seemed to have a leader. I though to myself I wish my school team would have done that back in the day. We just played sand lot ball. Anyway out of the six schools I didn't see anything at three of the schools two that missed the play offs and one that made the play offs. The school that made the play offs that I didn't see anybody working out I was told that they would be next week on there own. So I ask if they do much more than lift and I was told oh yeah they run a lot but also run with weights or carry each other and do a lot of stuff around the track. I notice 4 huge tires out by the track and i know what those are for. Next week I will be down on the river in SEO. I sure hope I can see some of the players working out.
If you want to see 40+ kids working hard for Week 1 take a trip west on 52.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's great.

Pop80
Waterboy

Post by Pop80 »

gametime wrote:Anyone heard where previews are this year ?
Portsmouth

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Pop80 wrote:
gametime wrote:Anyone heard where previews are this year ?
Portsmouth
Thanks , I heard it was going to be at different schools every year now.

You can't handle the truth
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Anyone know date of the preview?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who is ready to take a stab at listing the order of finish in the ovc this year. in alphabetical order they are------Chesapeake, coal grove,fairland, Gallia academy,ironton,portsmouth, south point,rock hill.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm going to say
1-ironton
2-chesapeake
3-rock hill
4-coal grove
5-gallia academy
6-portsmouth
7-south point
8-fairland

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's bait's 8.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I can't wait to see Irontons RB's this year.

I hope the Offensive line is ready :)

Pop80
Waterboy

Post by Pop80 »

2016 Ironton Schedule

8/28-Wheelersburg-Away
9/2-Russell-Away
9/9-Fairland-Away
9/16-Ashland-Home
9/23-South Point-Home
9/30-Chesapeake-Home