#3 Wheelersburg V.S. #7 Fredericktown - Regional Semi-Finals

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Thanks TC71.

Someone posted on the other site how this QB reminds them of Wiley, from Ironton. He can throw the ball or he can tuck it and scramble for yardage. If Burg can contain him and keep him from picking up big yards if he takes off running with it, they can win this game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Freddies are good. They spread out wide and throw quick passes. The game I watched there was'nt much of a running game. D is quick but like some teams has some holes. Overall I thought Ridgewood looked better but who knows it really comes down too how you match up. I think Burg's D-line has an advantage but Burg's secondary must stay sharp. QB is a SR and is quick and smart.

If Burg QB has time he might have a good night. The game I watched Freddies run D was very good, Burg must sustain blocks for positive rushing hards. Freddies # 3 is an athlete and fast. With that said I look for Burg to control the line of scrimmage.

Burg 21 Freddies 7

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

SD says good luck, wish the PIRATES the best. GO BURG!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Thanks TC71.

Someone posted on the other site how this QB reminds them of Wiley, from Ironton. He can throw the ball or he can tuck it and scramble for yardage. If Burg can contain him and keep him from picking up big yards if he takes off running with it, they can win this game.

Wiley thats a throwback name to when I played. If this QB is that good you guys better make sure you got him contained or he will run all over the place.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

tigercannon71 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Thanks TC71.

Wiley thats a throwback name to when I played. If this QB is that good you guys better make sure you got him contained or he will run all over the place.

I know, that's what scares me about this team. Burg hasn't really faced a QB like that all year. Porter from Portsmouth was kind of like that but against the Burg that night he really didn't scramble much.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Go get'em Pirates :!:

Good Luck from Chillicothe, we are proud of you all. Represent your Village, SOC and SE-Ohio with pride :!:

GO Pirates :!:

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

whats the best way to get to the stadium

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Its a shame you have to have a guy from Alabama to give you Ohio boys directions to a high school game in Ohio. :roll:

See everyone at the game on Friday night. Go Pirates!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

alabama mike wrote:Its a shame you have to have a guy from Alabama to give you Ohio boys directions to a high school game in Ohio. :roll:

See everyone at the game on Friday night. Go Pirates!

HA!! HA!! very funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Go Burg
And Of Course Go Stamper.....

T-I-G-E-R-S
sirwalterscott
Waterboy

Post by sirwalterscott »

Shout out to #5 Dustin Cook! GO PIRATES...win one for SE Ohio!

hammer755
Waterboy

Post by hammer755 »

GOOD LUCK BURG, BEAT THE FREDDIES AND RIDE THE VICTORY TRAIN TO THE NEXT STOP, THE REGIONAL FINALS !!!!!!!

DEmaniac
Waterboy

Post by DEmaniac »

sorry about my earlier thread. Got carried away. To this game!!

My three points to this game for Burg:

1. Contain, 2. control, 3. collide!!!

Contain the qb, control both lines of scrimmage, HIT!

Some posters are saying that the quick passing game is a strength for the freddies and it is an effective attack. You tend to play close and then the receivers burn right by you. Burg has some speed in their secondary but must not BITE on fake out patterns that fly right by you. Our secondary is strong but they must be disciplined and the DEs must contain the Qb. I think our defensive line will get in a rythem within the 1st 3 series the freddies have the ball. Once they get into the game, they will be tough to stop. So that means the LBs will need to stop the run and contain the qb. Our offense is too on/off to get a good read on how they will play week to week. It all comes down to the offensive line. They must start like the Waverly game and continue on. That was one of the most dominating games I have seen from them all year long. The freddies Dline look to be small and quick. So we need to counter. I am really not worried about our defense at all. Even when the offense has struggled, they have kept up their end of the bargain all year! I look for the Burg coaches to QUICKLY read the intentions of the Freddie offensive blocking scheme and get 2 of the 3 dlineman to the qb. If not, use them to get the DEs into the game plan. Again, this is all up to the Freddies to allow this to happen.

I hope the Burg players want this. THey showed that they would not be denied against the Wood. I hope they play all 4 qtrs with the intensity they know they can play! Heck, they get 7 days off after this game!!! :)

See you all at the game, and of course,

GO BURG!

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

Does anyone know what time the gates open? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

GO BURG GO!!!!!!
WE ARE THE BURG!!!!!

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Dam I hope thethe Burg dosen't get beat by a Freddie, it was bad enough the Falcons getting beat by a Johnny. ha Good luck from the Minford Falcons.

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

Can't hardly wait unitl kickoff, talked to some of the players this week and they are ready and seem to be determined to get the job done. Good Luck Pirates and have fun, and never look back leave it on the field every play!

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

Even though I have Grandchildren who go to school at Fredricktown, I am still going to root for the Scioto County team....GO BURG!!

seven40
Riding the Bench

Post by seven40 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:whats the best way to get to the stadium

alabama mike wrote:23 to Chillicothe. Take 159 all the way to Rt. 22, turn right and follow into Lancaster. Go through town and turn left on 137 or 37, this will take you to the field.

If you do not want to take 159 out of Chilly, go up to Circleville and and turn right on Rt. 22.

This is the way I always go. It's an easy school to find, but you might have to walk a good ways if you don't get there early.

For Southern Ohio Sports Photography, check out my website: Seven40 Studios.
BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Let's Go PIRATES! Goal is to win one and advance. Tonights focus is on the Freddies.

Play with emotion, stay focused, execute every down, and....... HIT SOMEBODY!

phishing
Waterboy

Post by phishing »

Good Luck tonight Burg play hard and win.

May the Birds of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.

Return to “Football”