Re: Ironton football: winds of change

Post by moonshine »

Does he still teach?

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

moonshine wrote:Does he still teach?
Bob has not been in the school since 2004, I believe. Maybe 2005. He retired.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Thank you Mike for your many years of service as a football coach.

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

no truth to this topic....talked to him today....only time will tell this....go tigers!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

ghostzapper wrote:no truth to this topic....talked to him today....only time will tell this....go tigers!
Is this statement in reference to Coach Burcham hanging it up or if Coach Lutz will follow him?

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Coach Lutz is a 1961 grad of Ironton St Joe making him 68 or 69

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, then, he's certainly young enough to secure that 400 + career victory then

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="philthyphil"][quote="ghostzapper"]no truth to this topic....talked to him today....only time will tell this....go tigers![/quote]

Is this statement in reference to Coach Burcham hanging it up or if Coach Lutz will follow him?[/quote]

Burcham's daughter has posted that he is done on Facebook so I would think that it is true about Burcham. I don't think that Lutz has said publicly that he is done, but like ghostzapper said only time will tell.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Will the 'Winds Of Change' include a greater emphasis on basketball at IHS and less on football? That's what I've heard for a while. And please...I'm not looking for abuse, just curious as to other's opinions which...can be given without personal attacks

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

kantuckyII wrote:Will the 'Winds Of Change' include a greater emphasis on basketball at IHS and less on football? That's what I've heard for a while. And please...I'm not looking for abuse, just curious as to other's opinions which...can be given without personal attacks

I think there needs to be a balance but all the football players should be pushed to play basketball and the basketball players should be pushed to play football.

My thought!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You guy's are opening that can of worms again!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

kantuckyII ...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but I wouldn't want to place less emphasis on any sport. Maybe just try to beef up some of the sports that are a little weaker. I think Lafon has done a pretty good job as AD.
I agree, OSU77, that kids should be encouraged to play more than one sport if they can maintain good grades while doing so. I think encouraging kids to play multiple sports or be involved in a variety of any extracurriculars promotes school spirit.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Escpecially a school like Ironton where we dont have a lot of numbers all boys should be encouraged to go out and play multiple sports.

ghostzapper
JV Team

Post by ghostzapper »

86Tiger wrote:
philthyphil wrote:
ghostzapper wrote:no truth to this topic....talked to him today....only time will tell this....go tigers!
Is this statement in reference to Coach Burcham hanging it up or if Coach Lutz will follow him?
Burcham's daughter has posted that he is done on Facebook so I would think that it is true about Burcham. I don't think that Lutz as said publicly that he is done, but like ghostzapper said only time will tell.
Since I also know him well....he has never came to me and said he is done coaching.....but it has been 46 years as an assistant coach .....he deserves it!!!.... Go tigers!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

congrads to Coach Burcham on a long and sucessful career! now you can sit back and enjoy.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="ghostzapper"][quote="86Tiger"][quote="philthyphil"][quote="ghostzapper"]no truth to this topic....talked to him today....only time will tell this....go tigers![/quote]

Is this statement in reference to Coach Burcham hanging it up or if Coach Lutz will follow him?[/quote]

Burcham's daughter has posted that he is done on Facebook so I would think that it is true about Burcham. I don't think that Lutz as said publicly that he is done, but like ghostzapper said only time will tell.[/quote]
Since I also know him well....he has never came to me and said he is done coaching.....but it has been 46 years as an assistant coach .....he deserves it!!!.... Go tigers![/quote]

I also agree he deserves it! I didn't mean anything bad by what I said. I was just saying that I seen his daughter post it on Facebook. So I can't imagine her posting it if it wasn't true. Personally I think they both deserve to quit when they see fit.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

If there is going to be change it needs to happen ASAP. We don't need to wait until spring to get the Coaching staff in place. The next Coaching staff will have their hands full with all the players that Ironton lost this year. Also the other classes behind them are not deep in numbers.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

a huge thank you for everything you have done to coach burcham. its been an unbelievable run. its an honor to be able to say i was a brief part of it. its good to see you leaving on your own terms. you were a hell of a baseball coach as well.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Most people don't know half of what Coach Burcham has done for the students, school, and community.

He indeed was Ironton's head baseball coach when Ironton won the state Class AA title in 1972.

Return to “Football”