Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by 93Bulldog »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Dogs can win most other titles in the TVC (by school size alone) but football is a different animal. Just remember Kline, Dean and Young on offense along with two names you'll here 20 times from the defensive side on the loud speakers friday night, Hook and Leitwein. This ain't gonna be close and people won't get their monies worth. After seeing both play more than once , I don't know if Athens can make an extra point or a field goal so N-Y won't have to worry about the kicking game and can bring the house on any 2-point conversions Athens tries. Too much hype for nothing as the Buckeyes are clearly the superior team IMO.
I beg the differ FANOSPORTS ... I could accept the word 'better' - but not superior ... Two different teams playing, the exact 4 teams the final month of the season, don't end up with almost identical stats if they weren't similar in talent ...

HERE ARE THE STATS: http://trivalleyconference.com/AAA.html

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:Dogs can win most other titles in the TVC (by school size alone) but football is a different animal. Just remember Kline, Dean and Young on offense along with two names you'll here 20 times from the defensive side on the loud speakers friday night, Hook and Leitwein. This ain't gonna be close and people won't get their monies worth. After seeing both play more than once , I don't know if Athens can make an extra point or a field goal so N-Y won't have to worry about the kicking game and can bring the house on any 2-point conversions Athens tries. Too much hype for nothing as the Buckeyes are clearly the superior team IMO.
I beg the differ FANOSPORTS ... I could accept the word 'better' - but not superior ... Two different teams playing, the exact 4 teams the final month of the season, don't end up with almost identical stats if they weren't similar in talent ...

HERE ARE THE STATS: http://trivalleyconference.com/AAA.html
You got it, I'll change the wording to "better" as requested. Sorry about that as I guess that term is a little to stern for the matter at hand friday night.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Go Bucks!! Stay focused

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

93Bulldog wrote:BTW ... Ive been doing polls for quite awhile on SEOPS - and I have never seen anything close to 80 votes - that's pretty cool ... NY had been around 75% for most of the week, but that number in slowly coming down ...
That's because 75% of everyone who posts on this forum is from Nelsonville-York. They take over every thread and figure out ways to make it about their team. If the game on the field this Friday night had anything at all to do with the jibber jabber on this forum then those poor saps from Athens wouldn't have a chance... NY can run faster, hit harder, tackle better, throw better, cover better, their uniorms are better, their helmets are shinier, their feces smells better..... blah blah blah.

My suspicion, however, is that nothing could be further from reality... and we'll find that out in 2 days.

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Take a pill and go complain somewhere else!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:BTW ... Ive been doing polls for quite awhile on SEOPS - and I have never seen anything close to 80 votes - that's pretty cool ... NY had been around 75% for most of the week, but that number in slowly coming down ...
That's because 75% of everyone who posts on this forum is from Nelsonville-York. They take over every thread and figure out ways to make it about their team. If the game on the field this Friday night had anything at all to do with the jibber jabber on this forum then those poor saps from Athens wouldn't have a chance... NY can run faster, hit harder, tackle better, throw better, cover better, their uniorms are better, their helmets are shinier, their feces smells better..... blah blah blah.

My suspicion, however, is that nothing could be further from reality... and we'll find that out in 2 days.
With the size of Athens to Nelsonville/York it would be Athens' problem if NY has more people on here.
Hoping for a great game

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Just heard for the Very Top. FOS the state title is ready for the BUCKEYES. Yes D-V state champs

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Well at least you got the division right.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Dogs can win most other titles in the TVC (by school size alone) but football is a different animal. Just remember Kline, Dean and Young on offense along with two names you'll here 20 times from the defensive side on the loud speakers friday night, Hook and Leitwein.
We would expect nothing less than huge games from SQ wrestlers Leitwein-Hook and also Coon.
44 will hit you like a truck and tell you about it all game long.
Good luck to both teams. I will certainly be rooting for Athens come week 11.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

buckfan84 wrote:Well at least you got the division right.
Hey I live in southeast Ohio, And as you know we are all dummies down here. Just ask anyone north of Hocking County...

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

What's up 84 you don't think the BUckeyes will win the title, I am shocked. From what all the posters say the Bucks can walk on water.... LOL

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tyler_Durden wrote:

ACTUALLY - I DON'T THINK THERE ARE 50 PEOPLE ON SEOPS FROM NELSONVILLE (THAT'S HOW MANY VOTES THEY HAVE) ... I THINK VOTING IS COMING FROM EVERYONE, NOT JUST ATHENS OR NELSONVILLE-YORK FANS.

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

81dendmhs74 wrote:What's up 84 you don't think the BUckeyes will win the title, I am shocked. From what all the posters say the Bucks can walk on water.... LOL

Buckeyes can't walk on water...that's why we swim on land :mrgreen:

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Tyler_Durden wrote:

I think Mr. Turden has one stuck sideways!!!!! Yeouch, go get that thing fixed man!!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Didn't say that. But we are proud of the one we have. Aren't you?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

81dendmhs74 wrote:What's up 84 you don't think the BUckeyes will win the title, I am shocked. From what all the posters say the Bucks can walk on water.... LOL

Does it bother you that Nelsonville York fans act like fanatics and are positive and upbeat about their team?

It sure seems like a small issue to expend energy typing about. Come on. I'm sure you're not that small.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Walking on water really is not too difficult, more of a timing issue.
Just gotta make sure the ice is thick enough, you big dummy

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

BIGHITSINC wrote:

That made me chuckle. I may use that in the future but I'll be sure to give credit.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

buckfan84 wrote:
BIGHITSINC wrote:

That made me chuckle. I may use that in the future but I'll be sure to give credit.
And if he can't understand that, I'll try drawing him a picture.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Memorable games from the Buckeye/Bulldog Rivalry:

1983 Nelsonville-York (H) 12-8
1986 Athens (A) 12-6 (3 OT)
1987 Athens (H) 7-0
1995 Nelsonville-York (H) 22-15
1998 Nelsonville-York (A) 21-20
2000 Nelsonville-York (A) 17-14
2008 Nelsonville-York (H) 22-14
2009 Nelsonville-York (A) 14-13
2010 Nelsonville-York (H) 28-27

Feel free to rank those games.

Will the 2011 game final score be close enough to make this list?

Return to “Football”