Job Openings in Southern/Southeastern Ohio for 2012

notsurprised
Waterboy

Re: Job Openings in Southern/Southeastern Ohio for 2012

Post by notsurprised »

Winds of change in the OVC maybe coming soon. I have heard that one coach has been asked to step down or make major changes in his coaching staff. If this is true then the school should move on this quickly to assure the kids will have a solid coaching staff for next year.
OSU 77SEO Posts: 560Joined: January 10th, 2007, 3:04 pm

We are talkin about high school football correct? Where do you think these top notch assistants are going to come from? the last time i checked stipends for coaching high school athletics as an assistant are somewhere in the 2 to 3 thousand dollar range, not exactly the type of money that is going to attract big named experience. i have no ties to the ovc nor do i care which school or coach you are talking about, there are few teaching positions open in our local schools and money is tight. If you have a good person with some football background, who works hard and treats the kids well stick with them and his assistants. Your situation as far as wins and losses will improve when the talent level rises and the teams on your schedule are beatable. We give high school coaches to much credit when they win and little support if they lose. Two most important things in high school athletics schedule, and players with talent, those two things will make or break a good coach.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I think we will hear something some time after the holidays.

What is everyones thoughts and what schools will have openings?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

notsurprised wrote:Winds of change in the OVC maybe coming soon. I have heard that one coach has been asked to step down or make major changes in his coaching staff. If this is true then the school should move on this quickly to assure the kids will have a solid coaching staff for next year.
OSU 77SEO Posts: 560Joined: January 10th, 2007, 3:04 pm

We are talkin about high school football correct? Where do you think these top notch assistants are going to come from? the last time i checked stipends for coaching high school athletics as an assistant are somewhere in the 2 to 3 thousand dollar range, not exactly the type of money that is going to attract big named experience. i have no ties to the ovc nor do i care which school or coach you are talking about, there are few teaching positions open in our local schools and money is tight. If you have a good person with some football background, who works hard and treats the kids well stick with them and his assistants. Your situation as far as wins and losses will improve when the talent level rises and the teams on your schedule are beatable. We give high school coaches to much credit when they win and little support if they lose. Two most important things in high school athletics schedule, and players with talent, those two things will make or break a good coach.

Wells lets see you joined November 24th 2011 to post this valuable information.

I agree in part to some of what you said above. I agree talent does make a difference no matter where you are at but if the kids do not respect their Coaches then there is a problem. I would also ask could you be part of the winds of change and that is why you posted this valuable information. Don't come out and say you don't care or don't have ties to the OVC or you would have not posted.

notsurprised
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised »

truly have no ties or interest in this situation nor do i have any idea what school or coach you are talking about. i am just concerned with the current state of high school athletics, i have been a coach in the recent past and understand the uphill battle with lack of talent and a brutal schedule. Players, parents,supporters, and school administration want wins now. Everyone likes to win but in high school you are forced to play with the hand you are dealt. I just feel that eventually good people and coaches will become fed up with demands and expectations and it will become increasingly harder to convince people who are qualified, to coach at the high school level. the amount coaches are compensated are no where near fair market value, when you calculate hours spent on the job, and all other duties and expectations associated with coaching assignment. Not to mention most head coaches have degrees, dont you sometimes wonder why would anyone want to commit to these type of situations? no dog in fight, but if i were you i would spend more time thinking about what i could do to make a positive difference instead of wanting change every few years. I heard a great quote from someone i respect " I am part of the problem or part of the solution" which one are you?

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

I know that I'm late to the party but what exactly is the deal with Coach Boston and the N-Y schoolboard?

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

OSU 77 wrote:Winds of change in the OVC maybe coming soon. I have heard that one coach has been asked to step down or make major changes in his coaching staff. If this is true then the school should move on this quickly to assure the kids will have a solid coaching staff for next year.

My understanding is one coach in the OVC has stepped down. It will interesting to see who will accept the challenge of rebuilding this program from the bottom up. Im not naming names because it hasnt been officially announced yet. But no surprise either.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I hate to hear that but change is not always a bad thing for either side. Rebuilding always starts from the bottom up but there is coaches out there that are good at it. Also I know of one COACH that is better than any coach I have seen in this area. He is a players coach and knows his stuff.

I wish the best for the kids and the coaching staff that will be leaving.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Well, I guess its semi official. South Point will be looking to fill the head coaching position. Any thought of possible candidates?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Where did you hear that from?

If true there are coaches out there that would be interested in that job.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

That's what players are telling the parents. T
I heard it from a parent.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Miami Trace is now open.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Mtswngrvsg are you still coaching? How are things?

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Shilot Resigns
http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/12/1 ... all-field/

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Charles Farquar-yes a little but not like at one time. Finally got to be a part of one of the things that had not happened either as a coach or player. Was smart this year but might go back to being stupid next year but only time will tell on that. I am sure you know what I am talking about on that. How about you?

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Congradulations mtswngrvsg on a great season in Rebel Land. Must be nice to be part of a league finally and one that you are very competitive in. You know you love it and you need something to do anyway. I retired from teaching last spring and then went to Northwest Ohio to be a full time assistant football coach to help a friend rebuild a program. My wife liked the break from me being out of the house in Southern Ohio and it kept me off the streets. Even though I have coached for 33 years it has been an education. League we are in 5 of the teams made the playoffs, 4 past the first round. Two to the State Semifinals and one of course in the State finals. Two Division I quarterbacks. Empty Spread , Tight End Spread One back, No Tight End Spread, regular Wing t, Shotgun Wing T, Flexbone and I formation all in the same season. Of course everybody jumps in the Gun they run it well. My 3-4 has had to adapt. One week your getting pounded up front with a big tailback and power game the next your defending speed in space. Welcome Hill Billy to the WBL . Im now in the process of looking at game film and looking at what went well on defense and what didnt. Team was 1-9 the season before we got here. We ended up 4-6 and lost a game in double overtime 21 to 20 the wind sort of went out of their sails after that . Younger kids at the lower levels were very successful plus the other league teams graduate a lot. Should be improved next year

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Yea, it was enjoyable this year. Did some research and came up with some different adjustments to all the formations that are out there now a days. The study worked and great young men. The young pups have already started on me asking me if I was coming back next year. I told them why not, what else was I going to do. Wife has already put the pressure on as to what I am going to do in 2015, " I am going to be on the beach the week after Labor Day, now you can either be there with me or on the sideline somewhere." She told me she would send me a post card!

We faced 5 playoff teams this year with two making the state semi finals and one the finals. The one in the finals was they team we got in the playoffs. You guys will continue to improve and move forward. Good luck next year and tell coach I wish you all the best.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Heard this morning that Hillsboro opened up...again!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Has anyone heard of any more openings?

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Post by bulldawg22 »

I hear Paul Thomas of Adena is a top candidate for the Miami Trace job. Any truth to this?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

bulldawg22 wrote:I hear Paul Thomas of Adena is a top candidate for the Miami Trace job. Any truth to this?
Wow that would be surprising since Paul is an alumni at Adena.

Return to “Football”