1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: 2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

Post by 1987chieftains »

I dont see Dale coming back..

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Word out in the county is a change will occur if the chiefs fail to to have a winning season! Must finish at least 6-4!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

What kind of turnout did the Chiefs have this morning! are we going 2 a days or 3 a days, or 6 days a week! Who is on the staff this year?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:Word is around 65 kids 9-12. Same staff as last year. This group has been with Amyx and Wolfe's staff, some for over 20 years. They are a solid staff, and have dedicated their lives to Logan Football for as long as I can remember. Every member of the staff is a former player at Logan except 1. Every member of the staff was on Amyx's staff. Its a great group. Two A Day practices for the next 3 weeks with a scrimmage a week in the final 2 weeks.
Ok keeping the 9th graders together as a team how many 10-12. Are we going 6 day's a week? with there preformance the last two years the staff must stress discipline and return to the basic fundamentals, no more hot dogging and we need to get back to wrapping ball carriers up and stress tackling more fundamentally! This is an important year and the program must have a winning record of at least 7-3 or 6-4!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:45 kids I think 10-12
The size of our school we should have over 60 young men out!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan takes in the whole county and some of the boy just have no transportation. That was even the case when I was in school when we had more than one school in the county.

A lot of other school put out numbers and if you could see the numbers it will list the 9th graders and Logan doesn't.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:But we dont, so deal with it. Just because you have X amount of boys doesnt mean all boys come out for football. And Logans numbers reflect Tri County enrollment as well I am fairly certain. Saying we should have this and we should have that many come out bc we have that many boys in the school is dumb. We dont have 60 boys come out for basketball, 75 dont come out for baseball. What about the girls? There arent 45 girl out for softball and nobody ever complains about that.
As a friend of mine said excuses are for losers! As far as Tri County other schools has boys going to and also playing all sports while attending that fine school!! Back in the day in the late 60's and early 70's we had 55 to 65 young men on the football team to start out with! Logan sports are not limited to a select group! Thinking the way you do will continue to only have a limited amount of particpation in all sports! I think we should have some further investigation into this matter! Also let me be clear, in no way Iam I disagreeing with you but do not call any statement dumb!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Any one know what Coach Perry is doing these day's?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

At Logan you might have 35 boys out for freshman ball and when they go up to varsity you might get 20 of those boys with half of those knowing they might get some playing time and the other half could be for the love of the game or to just get into shape. When that 20 becomes a Jr it might be 15 going out with the other five seeing themselves not playing, not into it, moving. That 15 might drop off a few as seniors and now you do the same for 10/11/12 and it can come out to 45/50 boys. A lot of teams can have more and if they don't have winning seasons it is very possible to be on the varsity and not play at all. Over three years the 45/50 boys will play often. Seems like if Logan has a large class through all three years it is because of the talent.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looking at the numbers in 2011 in the SEOAL was from 38 to 50 players.

Chillicothe went around 42 players with 13 soph--7 Jrs---22 Srs--this year they might have a big soph class because it seems like the under classmen are having good years and the new coach just might be getting more out. This years senior class is way down plus the Jr class won't be that big. From what is going through the grapevine what they do have has a lot of talent with a talented soph class. Take away last years seniors and Chillicothe has 20 players going along with the numbers from their freshmen.

Gallipolis went in the area of 38 players--8 soph--15 Jrs--15 seniors. With a lot of talent gone from last year it might bring the numbers up seeing the playing time that might come about.The Jr class could be small from only 8 soph from last year. Don't know if that is because of a drop of in talent or it was just a small freshman class the year before. Don't really remember what their freshman did last year to bring to the tale this season. Gallipolis will add soph to about 23 players

Jackson probably had one of the larger numbers out last year with around 46 players. A small senior class last year which didn't have a thing to do with talent being down--just could have been small overall class. 15 soph--20 Jrs --11 Srs. Good number for last years jrs but don't remember more than a hand full up these playing a lot. Their 15 soph are the average coming in from a freshman class. They could have the most numbers this season with 35 and then add the soph.

Logan went around 50 players last season with 24 soph--14 Jrs--12 Srs--Seniors didn't have the most talent coming up through the years. Jr class had a good year as freshmen and don't understand the small numbers they are putting out the last couple of years.Soph class has big numbers along with talent. Heard a lot from several soph last year that should shine this season.Look for a small soph class for 2012 to go with about 35 Jrs and Srs.

Portsmouth fielded around 40 players in the top three grades---16 soph--10 Jrs--14 srs.Senior class had tons of talent that seem to have a no show at times. Sr class will be with small numbers this year with average number in the Jr class. Some say the soph class will put a lot towards the varsity this season which will make them young. Around 25 players that will be joined by some talented soph.

Warren probably had the second biggest numbers last year with close to 50 players. Sr and Jr class had average number with 20 soph.
A lot of talent lost from last year. From but I saw from the freshman class they shouldn't have too much to add. Warren will have the number but can they get the talent from them. Warren should have better than 30 players before adding the soph.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Logan rarely has over 55 players,it's been that way all the way back to when I played in the 80's,we had huge numbers on our 8th grade and freshman teams, but by the time I reached 12th grade I don't even think we had 40 playing 10-12.And another thing people must take into account there are more sports offered now(soccer) which I'm sure takes away some football players,although they give us a decent kicker once in awhile :122245

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

C-Bolt wrote:Logan rarely has over 55 players,it's been that way all the way back to when I played in the 80's,we had huge numbers on our 8th grade and freshman teams, but by the time I reached 12th grade I don't even think we had 40 playing 10-12.And another thing people must take into account there are more sports offered now(soccer) which I'm sure takes away some football players,although even they give us a decent kicker once in awhile :122245

Mr Bolt, I agree about soccer, but like a friend of mine say's "There is talent in them there halls" Which I beleive he means the coaching staff needs to recurit the hall of Logan High School!

How are the young men's physical conditioning progressing!

Return to “Football”