2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

bdubya
Varsity

Re: 2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

Post by bdubya »

noreply66 wrote:I guess what i have against Dunn is that he thinks he is above everyone else. If you are not in his group he puts his nose in the air and will not knowledge you are around. I have ask him for info over the last couple of years and no answer what so ever. I have passed him on the street in stores and spoke to him and i get a look like who do you think you are speaking to me. I will get info from other people and he thinks I should be thanking him or giving credit to the Logan Daily. I stopped buying the Logan Daily going on three years so none of my info comes from that paper. If someone give me info from the LDN that is a different store (if they tell me)
I’m confused.

You say that you haven’t bought the LDN for three years now, so why are you so up in arms about the lack of coverage on a 7-on-7 passing scrimmage?

If you don’t care about that paper, why worry yourself so much with what’s going on in it?

To me, as an outsider of the Logan community, it seems that you have a major grudge with the sports editor. He busts his butt every day for the best interests of Logan and Hocking County for his LDN, and jerkholes like you call him out for some of the most ridiculous of reasons.

"We're talkin' bout practice, man. Practice." --- Allen Iverson

What's next? Complaints about a lack of coverage on summer basketball team camp? Why has there been no story on how the grass is growing at the practice field? Why hasn't the LDN talked to the returning seniors about what movies they took in this summer?

CD - the official SEOAL media representative at league meetings - has more respect from his fellow writers, Logan administration and outside schools than you could ever possibly understand. He is a solid representative for the Logan area, and an even bigger part of what we do in the SEOAL and in SE Ohio.

CD doesn't go looking for fights, so if the two of you clash - it is more than likely on your end. I know after years after using his stuff as your own on this website, that might be a large part of the problem right there. His responsibility is to get info out to Logan in the LDN, not send it to people who want to post on SEOPS. If you are putting his work out there illegally and free, it kind of defeats the purpose of his job.

This is the line I personally love. "if someone give me info from the LDN that is a different store (if they tell me)."

You acknowledge that you talk with someone who likely gets their info from the LDN, then it becomes your own info to share because somebody else regurgitated it.

Maybe next time you run into the LDN folks, you should ask for a dictionary or an English book instead of their work.

You have a grammatical error and a misspelling in that one little sentence alone. And the "I have ask him for info over the last couple of years and no answer what so ever" line - I mean come on now.

To me, in looking at your work as a writer, you shouldn't be questioning anybody in our profession. And you may want to schedule an English refresher class.

It's not so fun being singled out for bad work over the most minute (small, not time-related) of things in a public forum for the whole area to see, especially by someone under a fictitious name. Is it?

The only difference here is that this fictitious username actually has some knowledge of the subject that he is discussing.

In your 7-plus years on this website, you are averaging over 30,000 posts a year. Maybe you should focus on a hobby or getting a life before you go attacking anyone else for their efforts.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

bdubya wrote:
noreply66 wrote:I guess what i have against Dunn is that he thinks he is above everyone else. If you are not in his group he puts his nose in the air and will not knowledge you are around. I have ask him for info over the last couple of years and no answer what so ever. I have passed him on the street in stores and spoke to him and i get a look like who do you think you are speaking to me. I will get info from other people and he thinks I should be thanking him or giving credit to the Logan Daily. I stopped buying the Logan Daily going on three years so none of my info comes from that paper. If someone give me info from the LDN that is a different store (if they tell me)
I’m confused.

You say that you haven’t bought the LDN for three years now, so why are you so up in arms about the lack of coverage on a 7-on-7 passing scrimmage?

If you don’t care about that paper, why worry yourself so much with what’s going on in it?

To me, as an outsider of the Logan community, it seems that you have a major grudge with the sports editor. He busts his butt every day for the best interests of Logan and Hocking County for his LDN, and jerkholes like you call him out for some of the most ridiculous of reasons.

"We're talkin' bout practice, man. Practice." --- Allen Iverson

What's next? Complaints about a lack of coverage on summer basketball team camp? Why has there been no story on how the grass is growing at the practice field? Why hasn't the LDN talked to the returning seniors about what movies they took in this summer?

CD - the official SEOAL media representative at league meetings - has more respect from his fellow writers, Logan administration and outside schools than you could ever possibly understand. He is a solid representative for the Logan area, and an even bigger part of what we do in the SEOAL and in SE Ohio.

CD doesn't go looking for fights, so if the two of you clash - it is more than likely on your end. I know after years after using his stuff as your own on this website, that might be a large part of the problem right there. His responsibility is to get info out to Logan in the LDN, not send it to people who want to post on SEOPS. If you are putting his work out there illegally and free, it kind of defeats the purpose of his job.

This is the line I personally love. "if someone give me info from the LDN that is a different store (if they tell me)."

You acknowledge that you talk with someone who likely gets their info from the LDN, then it becomes your own info to share because somebody else regurgitated it.

Maybe next time you run into the LDN folks, you should ask for a dictionary or an English book instead of their work.

You have a grammatical error and a misspelling in that one little sentence alone. And the "I have ask him for info over the last couple of years and no answer what so ever" line - I mean come on now.

To me, in looking at your work as a writer, you shouldn't be questioning anybody in our profession. And you may want to schedule an English refresher class.

It's not so fun being singled out for bad work over the most minute (small, not time-related) of things in a public forum for the whole area to see, especially by someone under a fictitious name. Is it?

The only difference here is that this fictitious username actually has some knowledge of the subject that he is discussing.

In your 7-plus years on this website, you are averaging over 30,000 posts a year. Maybe you should focus on a hobby or getting a life before you go attacking anyone else for their efforts.
Let's cut the crap and return to the football team and upcoming season. If you have a problem with him please PM him!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

C-Bolt wrote:I think Caleb Myers was the backup center last year so I would assume he get first shot at that position
Mr. Bolt who is punting and place kicking? Maybe we will import someone from the soccer team! :aaaaa75 :aaaaa75 :aaaaa75

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

LHS 72 wrote:Let's cut the crap and return to the football team and upcoming season. If you have a problem with him please PM him!
Just remember who threw the first piece of crap in this monkey cage. If he sends a PM about this subject, all of this gets avoided.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Hey guys........... Chieftain here.................. Are you ready for some football ?

Thank goodness we don't have to read how those tiggers are going to whip the Chiefs ( only to get their butts handed to them, lol). They ran & won't play Logan. Yawn !

And, we won't have to focus on much of SEO ( as most of the state doesn't either). We can focus on an improved year of Chieftain football. The best football in SEO ?

Logan !

:122245

Go get ya some !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Ironton was still in the league the last two season would have been more of a show down between them and Jackson.
I don't know about the gate between the two the last couple of years but if it was a league game it would have brought people from all around.

Go Chiefs

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Let sleeping tigers lie! Once you get them started look out,they will come out like hornets and noreply your are right Logan can't brag about beating them after these last 2 years and they were actually pretty competitive the last time down there and could have won, but anyway that water sailed under the bridge a long time ago, time to talk about the present.Mr. LHS 72 I'm not sure who the kickers will be this year,would be nice if a soccer player did come out but who knows, our resident expert Logan Locos should be chiming back in anytime now so maybe he can give us some insight there.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'm looking for a winning season this year and am told they should run the ball well.

New schedule looks interesting ( Newark & Northland-- both winnable). League looks wide open as well.

Logan football -- on the way back !

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Logan should have a winner this season. Am told they should run the football well. Like the new schedule with Northland and Newark. League looks to be open.

Go Chiefs !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Welcome back Paladin

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Paladin_III wrote:I'm looking for a winning season this year and am told they should run the ball well.

New schedule looks interesting ( Newark & Northland-- both winnable). League looks wide open as well.

Logan football -- on the way back !
Logan should win both games only if they run the ball more than pass. Kelly must understand he does not have a true gunslinger. Northland concerns me because speed KILLS the Chiefs all the time. The DEFENSE must play grade out and play winning football. I look for a 5-5 and maybe if we stay running the ball a 6-4 record

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Thanks noreply. Should be an interesting year ( and I'll add to it , lol ).

My spies think it s back to a winning season for the Chiefs !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

sounds like the football forum is getting warmed up :lol:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

I know it is early, but how many young men are out for this years addtion of the Chiefs? :aaaaa94 :aaaaa94 :aaaaa94

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anyone have a early view on the lower grades.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

My end of July prediction for the 2012 Logan Chieftains

Lancaster-Too much size and skill LOSS
Col Northland- speed kills LOSS
Newark-Victory over a very poor program WIN
Jonathan-Alter- They beat the Chiefs like a drum LOSS
Nelsonville-York- Chiefs get the BuckS while they rebuild WIN
Porthsmouth- Chiefs win a close one WIN
Jackson- Ironmen have to much talent for the Chiefs LOSS
Chillicothe- Logan gets out coached LOSS
Gallipolis- Devils get the Chiefs again LOSS
Warren- Chiefs lose a close one LOSS
Last edited by LHS 72 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'll have a stab at that, partially

I have the Chiefs losing to Lancaster & Alder, but winning 6 other games. Am open on the outcome of Jackson & Warren, so Logan might win more than 6. Both are road games and its not yet known what these teams will really be like. As I said before, Logan could be in the title hunt late. Not sure this years Champ will be unbeaten in the league.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Been an hour --any word on --IT--yet

Return to “Football”