2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

LHS 72
S

Re: 2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

Post by LHS 72 »

C-Bolt wrote:I hear Josh Fridley is not playing this year,that would be a big blow to the defensive backfield if true.
I this is true what a blow to the defensive backield NEXT MAN UP!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Did the 7 on 7 go on today?
I was heading up 33 around 10:00 am and saw the Bexley bus heading east past the 93 exit.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Looking forward to another season of Chieftain football.

Go Chiefs !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Once again the Logan daily mentions the 7 on 7 and then says nothing about how it came out.
I'm glad my neighbor paid the $1.00 for the Saturday paper. More money less sports.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They are getting better, at least they had some stats on Logan's QB this year,maybe they'll reveal even more next year.If he can throw for over 400 yards and three touchdowns in one real game, Logan will be on to something,but you never can tell with these 7 on 7 thingies how it will turn out with the pads on.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sports editor needs to do some walking and stop depending on everything coming to him.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

noreply66 wrote:Sports editor needs to do some walking and stop depending on everything coming to him.
100 % correct, especially when sports around the area isn't going on in the summer, with legion baseball being the exception

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

To be fair I doubt there are many papers around that cover 7 on 7 competitions,at least I don't know of any but I could be wrong.I know one one thing before CD came back as editor the coverage for Logan sports was very limited.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

After the last two years,I look for an improved program. Sadly, the kids haven't been as good or as committed. Discipline has been a problem. If everyone has their heads on straight, they should have a winning season . And, I could see them in the hunt for the league title late. The scrimmages will prove to be vital in their development .

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Chieftain wrote:After the last two years,I look for an improved program. Sadly, the kids haven't been as good or as committed. Discipline has been a problem. If everyone has their heads on straight, they should have a winning season . And, I could see them in the hunt for the league title late. The scrimmages will prove to be vital in their development .
Hey Mr. Chief. You hit the head of the nail we have had very poor DISCIPLINE over the last 2 years. The discipline and committment to the program must inprove this year or we will have major problems!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

C-Bolt wrote:To be fair I doubt there are many papers around that cover 7 on 7 competitions,at least I don't know of any but I could be wrong.I know one one thing before CD came back as editor the coverage for Logan sports was very limited.
A lot of people on here have been on the football thing from the beginning of summer. With a few down on Logan it would seem like someone from the Logan Daily would go out of their way and let the Logan fans how thing are going even if it a 7 on 7. It doesn't show anything on the running game but can give you some knowledge of the passing game.

Why tell us the teams Logan went up against without letting us know a little about what happened. PLUS---I don't even think the paper let the public know the 7 on 7s were being played so we could go find out for ourselves.

Just my two cents

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

With 218,000-plus posts and being - as it seems - the only person interested in how the 7-on-7 went, why don't you give us a recap of how things went. Your profound interest in the subject means you attended the scrimmage, right???

I know you have had no problem regurgitating the LDN's work over the years as your own on here. Talk about needing to do some walking and not wait for everything to come to you.

Well said Logangrad in regards to a very good man who CARES DEEPLY about the Logan community. As a colleague, I'll go to war for CD.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I do not buy the Logan Daily Blab-and I do not really care what anyone has to say.
So you motor mouths can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:I do not buy the Logan Daily Blab-and I do not really care what anyone has to say.
So you motor mouths can put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Mr Noreply! The daily rag many years ago was an outstanding paper when Mr. Miller was the editor and Mr. Meyers was the sports editor! NOW THE CURRENT sports editor is doing a fine job but sometimes he is to big of a HOMER! He needs to call a spade a spade and tell it like it is!

Back to football if the Chiefs are to finish above 500 they must control the lines play winning defense and have an offense mix of 60% run and 40% pass. Also our special team play must improve greatly. Must of all the discipline must improve and avoild melt downs like we have had the last two years!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logangrad wrote:Just my own two cents, but as a former LDN Sports Editor in the late 90s, IN NO WAY would any paper report on a 7 on 7 because it doesnt matter in the wide scheme of the season. Its a passing scrimmage. Nothing more. They dont keep score. But the LDN did in fact report on something they did keep tabs on and that was the lineman challenge that Logan won. They also did post in the paper when the 7 on 7 was on Friday, and did it before the 7 on 7 with Vinton County two days prior. I think its a bit anal to get on a local paper for not highlighting the results of something that doesnt matter when no stats are kept, no running clock, and no real rules or set ups. The offense went for 10 mins and then switched. How does one report on that?? I think you need to cut the guy some slack considering in the fall he is the only guy doing preseason stuff and his football preview is at least 7 or 8 pages long for ONE team, where the messenger does that for 5 county teams and more. He sits in that office until 3 or 4am on Friday nights to get the story in for Saturday's paper and does countless other things year round covering a wide range of Logan athletics BY HIMSELF!
I guess what i have against Dunn is that he thinks he is above everyone else. If you are not in his group he puts his nose in the air and will not knowledge you are around. I have ask him for info over the last couple of years and no answer what so ever. I have passed him on the street in stores and spoke to him and i get a look like who do you think you are speaking to me. I will get info from other people and he thinks I should be thanking him or giving credit to the Logan Daily. I stopped buying the Logan Daily going on three years so none of my info comes from that paper. If someone give me info from the LDN that is a different store (if they tell me)

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Who are competing for the punting, place kicking and kick offs. Also who will be snaping the ball this year. This is one of many areas that must improve!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jordon from last years freshman team could kick off well--I even think he kicked off Logan's last game

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I think Caleb Myers was the backup center last year so I would assume he get first shot at that position

Return to “Football”