2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2012 Logan Chieftains - A look ahead

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:since this is a chieftain thread i won't mention any other school names in respect to them. i know of a school and their coaches that meets their players every tuesday and thursday at their weight room, they lift and they have them running wind sprints in the early months of summer. back in the day though it was a rule that no school could touch a football till august. dont know how it is now but it doesn't hurt to keep them some what in shape getting them ready for the hard pratices in late summer and getting them ready to shine on friday nites. all schools have different ways on how they do things. they all work hard when it comes down to it. lets just hope the chiefs get it turned around. get-r-done chiefs!
Hey guy's just check the web out to see what other schools in the state of Ohio are doing this summer! you will be surprised!
i believe it moon. some coaches work their players hard as soon as schools out and then some. and it usually pays in the long run.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

not that anyone said this but nothing is wrong with taking a vacation before heading back for conditioning, heck maybe the players that are get up in the morning and run on the beach...but I do agree if they want to have a more successful season they need to start earlier than they did last year, not just coming to team organized workouts but doing it themselves on their own time as well.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Chiefs

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Well I, for one, am anxious to see what the Chiefs bring to the table this year. Win, lose, or draw, nothing beats sitting in the stands at The Chief and opening a new season. Let's go Chiefs!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Do we have any 7 on 7 scheduled yet!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They will probably release it as soon as they get back from vacation shine.Should be any day now July is approaching fast and football is near

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:They will probably release it as soon as they get back from vacation shine.Should be any day now July is approaching fast and football is near
What a sad state of our program "VACATION". We are already starting the season with a defeat Vacation 1 Logan 0
Last edited by moonshine on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

moonshine wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:They will probably release it as soon as they get back from vacation shine.Should be any day now July is approaching fast and football is near
What a sad state of our progran VACATION. We are already starting the season with a defeat Vacation 1 Logan 0
when do they get back from vacation?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Did they go to Wallyworld!

Footballfan101
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan101 »

The chiefs are working hard to have a winning season, I've heard that they have a lot of determination this year, good luck chiefs

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

looks like Logan's line will be small again this year----Will be going with speed

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How did the Chiefs do against New Lex--7 on 7?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

noreply66 wrote:How did the Chiefs do against New Lex--7 on 7?
Was it that bad?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

that or nobody made it over,hopefully the latter,New Lex is not a passing powerhouse by any means so I would hope they did well.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I Heard it was mentioned in the Logan Daily about the game being played but no results.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

C-Bolt wrote:that or nobody made it over,hopefully the latter,New Lex is not a passing powerhouse by any means so I would hope they did well.

Mr. Bolt Sir, Over the last 2-3 years Logan is barely a passing giant! Remember it is still very early and changes can still be made! New Lex has had a very soild program over the last few years. I can recall when Jim Rockwell was the head coach of New Lex back in 1970 and we beat them in a pre season game and New Lex went on to win the state championship! If Coach Rockwell did not like the way they played on Friday night, they went back out after the game and corrected the problems! Man give me the good old days!

Would like to get New Lex back on the schedule!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

New Lex has traditionally been more geared to power running and smash mouth and stopping the run on defense unless there has been a drastic change over there since I last saw them,but I wouldn't worry too much about these 7 on 7's, we'll know a lot more once the scrimmages start and the pads are popping.Sheridan usually gives us a good idea of what to expect for the upcoming season.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I hear Josh Fridley is not playing this year,that would be a big blow to the defensive backfield if true.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

just might be working on the high jumping

Return to “Football”