2011 Marietta Middle School Football

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

2011 Marietta Middle School Football

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Marietta Middle School Football 2011

The 2011 season of Marietta Middle School Football has come to a close. As the playoffs come into view for the young tigers, we find ourselves in very good position coming to the post season. The middle school coaching staff has used the varsity playbooks to pull the season to a close with a 4-2 final record. This is good enough to put us in the second position of four teams. There are 3 more games to be played to complete the other 6 teams season and they are jockeying for their own playoff lives. As a team we have played well in most games with minimal mistakes. The combined 7th and 8th grade team has been a special one. The seventh grade team has also had great success posting a 2-2 record and held their own in their 2 losses. The 7th graders have one last game on 10/17 its home at Glendale Field. The seventh grade only team is full of talent that will only get better. Come check them out.

Continuing to the combined team there has been some magical moments to say the least this season. Whether it’s a huge td pass from John Henry , to any number of talented receivers, such as Isaac Danford, Corey Adams, Alex Grosklos, Mathew Brookover, and Bernard Johnson. These receivers have come up large all season long. They are certainly not our only receivers that catch the ball and make plays for the team, just some that stand out to me. The numbers don’t lie when describing the passing game. It either works or it does not. John Henry has been super at the Quarter Back position, for the season to date he is 15 of 27 for 414 yds and has only thrown one INT all season. 56% passing really makes a Coach feel good when they want to put the ball in the air. Mr. Henry has also made play after play with his legs. In 20 carries John has 377 yds on the ground with 5 TDs. That’s an 18.9 yd per average. John is sure not the only Tiger for the middle school to “tote the rock”. 13 other 7th and 8th graders have had the chance to add to our offensive totals. Young men such as Jordan Ritchie, Mathew Ford, Garrett Lehman, Brandon Neville, Brendan Alkire, Travis Moore, Bailey “Brusie” Wright, and Trent Dawson have hurt the other teams on the ground with there ablilities. Also along with their receptions, Danford, Johnson, Grosklos, and Brookover have been large contributors to our rushing attack.

After giving all the glory positions on offense, its time to talk about our Offensive linemen, to talk about them is also talking about the Defensive line. The same young men do a great job at both. To be a lineman is mostly a thank less task. These young men perform a job, that know body wants. When a QB is sacked or a running back has no gain or a loss, the blame hits the linemen. When the same backs score we are quick to praise there ability. Taking into account our passing numbers and the fact that as a team we have rushed for 1082 total yds in 6 games, it’s safe to say these young men do a good job. Each down on that field is a battle for these young men that ends with someone else receiving rewards and names in the paper. I would like to thank them as a coach and get them there just do now. Levi Murry, Darnell Kimbrough, Tristen Wright, Alex Lattea, Jacob Mahaffey, Nathan Ritzman, Alec Davis, Josh Montgomery, Brett Treadway, Trevor Thacker, Wesley Satterfield, Brian Nelson, Austin Yoak, Jason Hubbard, Heath Stevens, Jacob Thornton, Easton Wynn, Austin Mitchell, Michael Scott, Matthew Ford, Joel Bricker. We would not be 2nd seeded and 4-2 without these young men.

Coach Randy Wright and Jeff Davis have done a wonderful job this season with the offense. Coach Wright has been great at calling the offense and Head Coach Davis has made sure we are all in check when he is not taking care of any number of things going on. Having said that, they have not outdone there counterpart and Defensive cordinator Tom Beavers. Coach Beavers has been a Major puzzle that all the teams we have played this season has been pulling there hair out trying to figure out. His packages much like Coach Wright and Davis are advanced to say the least. The kids have picked it up and they have excelled to the great regular season we have had. The Defense has given up a total of 483 yds for the season. That’s 80.5 yds per game over the 6 games played this season. This middle school team has given up a total of 5 tds the entire season. That is an amazing season to date. Every player on the roster has played on defense at some point this season. It’s wonderful to have a team that has had every player contribute in some way. I feel I would do a dis-service to this player without commending him publicly. This 7th grader has played almost every down this season. He played one game this season with the flu only for the coaches to find out after the game. He recorded a game high 17 tackles in one game and had 14 in the game he played sick. He has bulled his way as a fullback for tuff yards on offense and has certainly led the defense. Quietly this wonderful young man is a privilege to have around. He never complains and always has a smile on his face. Mathew Ford is a wonderful young man as is all the athletes on this year’s Middle School Team. Mr. Ford is one of many young men that contribute to this team. Even without great on field stats and huge tackle numbers these young men have also contributed to this team in immeasurable ways. Logan Dickson, Austin Lightfritz, Terry Hardman, Brenton, Henthorne, Nick Ingrahm, Danny Hiser, Nick Palazzo, Joseph Novotny, Noah Miller, Alex Armistead, Michael Crawford. Their presence has been huge on the 7th grade team and during the combined team’s games. We have also had the privilege as Coaches to have a young man helping us with any task combined Scott Penrod has been a huge help to us, keeping the kids in check and all of our equipment and he even gives us a uplifting note once in a while, that gives all the Coaches a motivating lift.

This has been a wonderful season to date at the Middle School level. The support that Coach Springer and Coach Eichorn have given to the team this season has been wonderful. From setting up all the chain crews and even coming to some of the games with their busy schedule has been wonderful for the kids. Those two men along with the rest of the varsity staff have had a full season with all there tasks. I am sure proud I was able to be a part of this Middle School season. I am also proud to be able to call the Coaching staff at the Middle School Friends. We all have moments as players and coaches of disagreement as the season goes on. From the 7th grade to the 12th, the purpose is always the same, have fun and win. Its not always an easy road and we all don’t always get along. From coaching staff members to parents, We all can agree to keep pushing forward for what’s best for the kids. We have been very fortunate to have parents supporting the middle school each and every week. From gatorates for every kid at half time to the wonderful trip the kids took to a ropes course that promoted team unity. Thanks to everyone for those wonderful contributions.
Our first playoff game will be at Parkersburg South High School 10/19. Games start that night at 5:30. We would love the entire Tiger nation to come and support these young kids. Fan support means the world to this age child. The cheering crowd and their name over the loud speaker after a run or tackle lights them up. Fill the stands for them, the building of a program we all seem to want starts at this level!!!! Lets show the other teams this night that we support our tigers like know other teams do. Come out and be loud.
Last edited by bigcatmarietta on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2011 Marietta Middle School Football

Post by noreply66 »

Marietta seems to do well in the lower grades but come varsity it is a different ball game for them.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

This is high school football forum, there's a middle school one for a reason (No offense/disrespect)

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Thanks zac. This is a post that's mainly focusing on the lower level of middle school. But considering the current state of the program, I wanted as many people as possible to see there is good along with the bad everyone loves to point out. Your post included there is to much negative talk. This post does touch on the varsity program and coaches. It's a program as a whole just simply spotlighting Mariettas middle school teams. I'm sorry I put it in the wrong category, per you. As you said no disrespect but don't read it if you don't want too. Thanks

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I like the topic here--some things need to be put out there away from the middle school forum.

Just don't think enough people go to that forum.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Ok, well I'm sorry. And I understand completely now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Should be more people out there putting a full report on the middle schools and what they are doing in each sport to let people know what will be coming up in the future.

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

I'm sorry to seem rude. I don't wanna be that way. No excuses just been a rough year in tiger country and evey level and evey coach is proud of the middle school and should be. The tiger program as a Whole needs a boost. Sorry to be rude zacbrown.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Oh no, I'm sorry! You shouldn't be

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

kum-ba-ya big cat kum-ba-ya

mhsfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by mhsfootballfan »

Congrats to MMS football for a good season. Hopefully, I'll be there to root them on next Wednesday. Good Luck!

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

I had a cramp in my brain 21. You can relate to cramps. It gets worse as i get older.

Return to “Football”