SEOAL Future

maniac66
All State

Re: SEOAL Future

Post by maniac66 »

Daniel Larusso wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:
CavsFan08 wrote:A-Town,
I think what fires people up about the move most is the fact that before going to the TVC Athens was beaten down in many of their athletic programs from years of losing seasons. Once they moved, they won the league title in almost every sport in 2009. It really showed the SEOAL faithful that at the time the TVC was not as tough as the SEOAL. I think that has changed a little now with the decline of Logan and the exit of Ironton. Also, their seems to be a found cockyness from Athens people now that they are winning IMO.

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! AND THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WILL BE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

They will probably make the playoffs if they go 10-0 or 9-1. They are at least playing a better non-league schedule. The question is how competitive will they be. The TVC isn't going to prepare them for division 3 playoff football.
I agree there it was once said Division # was the hardest tittle to compete in during the playoffs alot of good teams and great competition Division one you know who is good and expected to win every year by counting on one hand. But Division 3 has so many teams in and out of it from the enrollment figures that you have a chance to see a different champ all the time

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

in 09-10 they went 9-1 with the only lose coming from nelsonville. but keep in mind they were D2 at the time. are they D3 now??
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I honestly think the SEOAL will lose Portmouth and Chilly over the next few years but they will work at finding replacements to much history and pride in this League to let it fold.
Just my opinion but there are changes all the time how many years will Athens be able to go 8-2 and 9-1 in rare cases before they get upset over not making the playoffs?
It happened already and may happen again soon or later they have to decide what is best and maybe look at the SEOAL who knows that is the point I believe the SEOAL will do what is needed to survive.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I think the S.E.O.A.L. has a lesson for the T.V.C.---they expanded and expanded and now where are they? If we keep this expansion as it is set up now I fear that Miller (20 plus years), Federal and Belpre (Founding Members) and maybe others (Trimble?) will be looking to leave. This won't happen over night but, the travel and distance will kill the league.

I really don't see Athens wanting back to the S.E.O.A.L. anytime soon.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:
noreply66 wrote:VC is the only school in Vinton County and they have the same problem that Hocking County has and that it is hard for many students to get rides to go out for sports. The schools themselves has big numbers the sports programs don't. Now let us say we shut down every school in Athens county but Athens now lets add up the students and what Div. would Athens be in?

i would guess to D1...... with, what 5 high schools in athens county there is no way they would stay out of D1.
What I was hoping for was for someone tell me the Athens school would have in the area of 864 boys in the three counting classes making them a LARGE DIV.I school.--Now how many boys could get to the plains to play football?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

you are exactly right 66....

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Fortdawg wrote:I think the S.E.O.A.L. has a lesson for the T.V.C.---they expanded and expanded and now where are they? If we keep this expansion as it is set up now I fear that Miller (20 plus years), Federal and Belpre (Founding Members) and maybe others (Trimble?) will be looking to leave. This won't happen over night but, the travel and distance will kill the league.

I really don't see Athens wanting back to the S.E.O.A.L. anytime soon.

I don't see any of them leaving the TVC, if they did where would they go. Miller has been no contender since they joined, FH has strugled as has Belpre and Trimble has been winning games in the league and have a good thing going right now. As far as travel goes the TVC has it easy compared to our schedule in the SEOAL.
Athens will not be back in the SEOAL anytime soon, they have found a home in the TVC and have fit in nicely.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some of the TVC might be forced to give up football

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

1987chieftains wrote:
I think what fires people up about the move most is the fact that before going to the TVC Athens was beaten down in many of their athletic programs from years of losing seasons. Once they moved, they won the league title in almost every sport in 2009. It really showed the SEOAL faithful that at the time the TVC was not as tough as the SEOAL. I think that has changed a little now with the decline of Logan and the exit of Ironton. Also, their seems to be a found cockyness from Athens people now that they are winning IMO.

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! AND THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WILL BE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.
The last four years we were in the SEOAL our records were (1-9), (3-7), (1-9), (1-9), it doesn't sound like the chances for the playoffs were too good to me anyway. I freely admit that our programs were struggling and that the move to the TVC helped us rebuild our program and now we are scheduling better competition in our non league basically playing a schedule in reverse of most schools our size.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

noreply66 wrote:VC is the only school in Vinton County and they have the same problem that Hocking County has and that it is hard for many students to get rides to go out for sports. The schools themselves has big numbers the sports programs don't. Now let us say we shut down every school in Athens county but Athens now lets add up the students and what Div. would Athens be in?
Really?...... So no parents in Vinton or Hocking Counties own cars? No high school students drive themselves to school? I guess we here in Athens County are special in that we have transportation to school on buses? So I guess a few years ago when Logan was so good that Coach Amyx was picking kids up in his mini van for practice? I guess you think everyone at Athens lives within walking distance of the hign school? No, that argument is rediculous. If kids aren't coming out to play because or transportation then I'm guessing they really didn't want to play anyway and you aren't missing anything.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Hey Daddyblue, Miller and Federal each have league titles in the T.V.C. and Belpre has several---All 3 teams have playoff appearances---Miller and Trimble could look northward---Trimble is having trouble beating Wahama and now you're adding R.V.---I could see S.G. Eastern, Southern, Federal, Belpre, and Waterford forming their own league to cut down on travel.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
Really?...... So no parents in Vinton or Hocking Counties own cars? No high school students drive themselves to school? I guess we here in Athens County are special in that we have transportation to school on buses? So I guess a few years ago when Logan was so good that Coach Amyx was picking kids up in his mini van for practice? I guess you think everyone at Athens lives within walking distance of the hign school? No, that argument is rediculous. If kids aren't coming out to play because or transportation then I'm guessing they really didn't want to play anyway and you aren't missing anything.
Don't know very much about THINGS do you

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

R.V. is TVC Ohio. I dont see trimble or miller looking north. Miller could be lone man out because I could see fed, waterford, eastern, southern belpre, fed and trimble in the hocking, with miller backing out or ending sports due to money problems there, and wahama going back the WV.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

noreply66 wrote:
A-Town Big Dog wrote:
Don't know very much about THINGS do you
What am I wrong about? What THINGS don't I know about? I'm sure arrangements can be made if a kid really wanted to play is all I'm trying to say.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Hey Indianabuck---R.V. is already in the Hocking with Trimble, Wahama, Federal, and Trimble---I have no idea who the odd man out each year gets for a game 10---I've coached at Falconland and I'm telling you that Millersport and some other northern teams would look good on their schedule compared to the drives to the river.

Miller will have fits scheduling 6 non-league games and Trimble doesn't keep people on their schedule who beat them with the exception of the Bucks, and now you're adding River Valley along with Wahama.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I had thought they were put in the Ohio, my fault. I see how Miller could work north now. I just thought they would have trouble scheduling without a confernce to go along with if that is what is decided.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

1987chieftains wrote:

They have a whole lot better chance this year than you do HUH?????????

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

indianabuck wrote:I had thought they were put in the Ohio, my fault. I see how Miller could work north now. I just thought they would have trouble scheduling without a confernce to go along with if that is what is decided.

Originally, they were. However, last week the TVC voted to split into 3 Divisions, keeping the TVC OHIO as it is and splitting up the Hocking by school size plus River Valley:

TVC OHIO - Alexander, Athens, Meigs, Nelsonville-York, Vinton County, Wellston

TVC "North" - Belpre, Federal Hocking, River Valley, Trimble, Wahama

TVC "South" - Eastern, Miller, South Gallia, Southern, Waterford

The "North" and "South" names are being used for now, but could change. The split doesn't happen until 2014, River Valley's first year in the conference.

The divisions are split by school size, with the exception of NY remaining in the Ohio even though River Valley is technically larger.

More importantly, the TVC has now positioned itself to add additional schools in the future if it decides to do so.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

NYBUX wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:

They have a whole lot better chance this year than you do HUH?????????
AH???? DID SAY THEY DIDN'T..... BUT LET THEM PLAY A SCHEDULE LIKE LOGANS OR THE EQUIVILANT TO LOGANS AND WE'LL SEE HOW MANY 9-1/10-0 SEASONS THEY'D PRODUCE.
REMEMBER THEY LEFT THE SEOAL BC THEY GOT TRIED OF BEING IN THE BOTTEM HALF OF THE SEOAL 75% OF THE TIME IN ALL SPORTS. A DECLINE THAT STARTED IN MID 80'S AND NEVER REALLY RECOVERED. SO THEY LEFT FOR SMALLER PONDS. AND YES WE ARE DOWN REALLY DOWN BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO DOWN SIZE OUR SCHEDULE THAT MUCH TO REBUILD.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

BINGO!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! AND THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IT WILL BE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.[/quote]

They have a whole lot better chance this year than you do HUH?????????[/quote]

AH???? DID SAY THEY DIDN'T..... BUT LET THEM PLAY A SCHEDULE LIKE LOGANS OR THE EQUIVILANT TO LOGANS AND WE'LL SEE HOW MANY 9-1/10-0 SEASONS THEY'D PRODUCE.
REMEMBER THEY LEFT THE SEOAL BC THEY GOT TRIED OF BEING IN THE BOTTEM HALF OF THE SEOAL 75% OF THE TIME IN ALL SPORTS. A DECLINE THAT STARTED IN MID 80'S AND NEVER REALLY RECOVERED. SO THEY LEFT FOR SMALLER PONDS. AND YES WE ARE DOWN REALLY DOWN BUT WE'RE NOT GOING TO DOWN SIZE OUR SCHEDULE THAT MUCH TO REBUILD.[/quote]

Again I agree with you 87's (I must be drink bad water) the plain truth is the bullpuppies just cut and ran in order to win against smaller schools!!!!
Last edited by moonshine on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”