Nice Article On Waverly's Derek Roback

Doc Panther
JV Team

Nice Article On Waverly's Derek Roback

Post by Doc Panther »

Derek will no doubt have multiple D1 offers.....some though may want him to play a position other than QB....Ohio would use him at QB and that gives us a chance...along with the fact that his dad was a QB there:

http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php ... ck-suitors

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Nice Article On Waverly's Derek Roback

Post by bengalfan76 »

hbk123 wrote:Wow, hard to believe he gets press like that! Most people on here say he stinks! ha!

Unreal! :122245 :122245

Most people saying he stinks are clueless or just jealous he doesn't attend their school.
I find it humorous that SE Ohio fans cry about not getting enough respect around Ohio.
When we finally get someone who gets the much needed attention, We try to tear him down.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

We try to tear him down.

Not me. He's pretty darn good. I've seen a bunch of teams over the last three years that he was better than their starting QB, their best receiver, and in several cases, he was better than ANYBODY on their team.

Those who know anything about the game are aware that he's a pretty special football player.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

hbk123 wrote:Wow, hard to believe he gets press like that! Most people on here say he stinks! ha!

Who exactly says "he stinks"??? Please find that post and prove it. Just because every person at every other school isnt gloating about the kid, doesnt mean they said he stinks. I dont think I have read one post, including my own, that says the kid isnt a gifted athlete.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

If Waverly were located down there in "Hillbilly Heaven", sorry I mean Scioto County - I am sure you would say he is all world!

haha!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I would not only say that he has good skills but it is a great kid.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

hbk123 wrote:If Waverly were located down there in "Hillbilly Heaven", sorry I mean Scioto County - I am sure you would say he is all world!

haha!

Yeah because Waverly is a thriving metropolis. Rofl

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Compared to Minford it is! haha!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

hbk123 wrote:If Waverly were located down there in "Hillbilly Heaven", sorry I mean Scioto County - I am sure you would say he is all world!

haha!

Relax dude. You are starting to cross a line you probably shouldnt.

Hopefully school will be back in Monday , because you sure sound like a high school kid.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

1. I am not a high school kid.

2. I figured I would go with the "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" theory.

3. You guys post something goofy, I post something goofy.

I like how you say whatever you want then come back with "relax dude" or "chill out" and it makes whatever you say all good.

Good strategy.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Dont be messin with the Hillbilly Nation now...they'll beat you with their banjos till your pert near death :lol:

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Ha, good one!

LJ Clemens
Waterboy

Post by LJ Clemens »

Roback sounds like a heck of an athlete for southern Ohio, definitely gonna try and watch one of his games this upcoming season.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Any new offers for Roback? Maybe John or DJ could fill us in on who might be the next to offer, or who is really pursuing him.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm sure he'll be attending several camps this summer. More interest and offers will be had then I'm sure.

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

i dont think we are referred to as hillbillies anymore i think the technical term is appalachian americans

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

More like Appalachy A-merry-cans...and yes I have heard someone say that and honestly mean it :lol: :lol: :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

bengalfan76 wrote:

Most people saying he stinks are clueless or just jealous he doesn't attend their school.
I find it humorous that SE Ohio fans cry about not getting enough respect around Ohio.
When we finally get someone who gets the much needed attention, We try to tear him down.

LOL, but you're exactly right. The envious nature in Southern Ohio is among the worse I've ever seen in any part of the world. Basically, what they're really saying is that because you're making it and they'll never, they have a reason to dislike you.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

It is truly amazing, no one wants to see kids from this area make it.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Vladimir wrote:
bengalfan76 wrote:

LOL, but you're exactly right. The envious nature in Southern Ohio is among the worse I've ever seen in any part of the world. Basically, what they're really saying is that because you're making it and they'll never, they have a reason to dislike you.

Bingo

Return to “Football”