Vinton County 2012

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Re: Vinton County 2012

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Dundas wrote:You are right defenserules. VC did pick up BC.

8/24 7:30PM @ Unioto

8/31 7:30PM vs. Piketon

9/7 7:30PM vs. Bloom Carroll

9/14 7:30PM vs. South Point

9/21 7:30PM @ Gallia Academy

9/28 7:30PM vs. Alexander

10/5 7:30PM vs. Meigs

10/12 7:30PM @ Athens

10/19 7:30PM vs. Nelsonville-York

10/26 7:30PM @ Wellston
6 home games? Wow maybe this could help.

Vikes may be somwhat improved for 2012. Several good
players and atheletes who did not play last season are buying into the new coach, and say they will play.
I have heard several kids say this. Most were outstanding in middle school, and could come along nicely and make a bit of difference.

GO VIKES

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

What new coach? This will be Rusty's 3rd season correct? How long does the new last?

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

CavsFan08 wrote:What new coach? This will be Rusty's 3rd season correct? How long does the new last?
Who is Rusty?

wildcat76
Waterboy

Post by wildcat76 »

Matt Queen - Offensive genius, bring him back and you might build something.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Thought his name was Rusty. Regardless, isn't it his 3rd season coming up?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Justy..and yes it will be his 3rd. Vc hasn't had a coach for more than 3 years with the exception of Yates (4) since Queen was fired. So basically, this is put up or shut up time for the coach in the eyes of the administration.

Cougar Lover
Waterboy

Post by Cougar Lover »

Dundas wrote:Justy..and yes it will be his 3rd. Vc hasn't had a coach for more than 3 years with the exception of Yates (4) since Queen was fired. So basically, this is put up or shut up time for the coach in the eyes of the administration.
Isn't this Justy the guy that was going to come in with all his knowledge and coaching ability from South Gallia and get this thing turned around? The guy, who with his knowledge about strength training alone, would quickly get VC back to the winning ways of the past? I guess it may be put up or shut up time then.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Yates led the Vikings into a hole the size of Jupiter. I have witnessed this team get better over the last two years. They have gone from completely off the radar, to terrible. Which if you'd have seen this team 4 years ago, is a vast improvement. Justy has them on the right track IMO. If I were calling the shots, I'd give the man two more years to be "respectable".

Svcfanatic
Waterboy

Post by Svcfanatic »

They will lose the first two games. Unioto lost a lot but there always good, and a top team in my mind. And piketon has pretty much everyone coming back if I'm sure, with a very talented QB and running backs. But just be thankful you don't play Westfall! LOL

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

Take a look at the schedule that Yates had to go up against before you go blaming him for the fall of Vinton County football. That hole had been dug YEARS before he took over. I just see more proof that people in VC have unrealistic goals for their football team. VC will not be a playoff caliber team. Even in 04 when they went 8-3 and made the playoffs. They got handled by Jackson and Nelsonville and then embarrassed in the playoffs. People need to be happy if they can win 3-4 games for a few years then work their way up to winning 5-7 games. NO ONE will be able to walk into that program and make them a playoff contender over night. Am I saying that Yates did a great job? No, but I am also saying that he was doing some good things with some bad talent and a terrible schedule. Same thing as the guy there right now. People have got to give a coach some serious time to even try and turn a program around. People have to realize it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

VC dropped Jackson. The new AD as I was told made the phone call to Bob Kight and said we are not playing anymore. But what I dont understand is that they replace Jackson with BC, that is still a butt whippin. BC will finish in the middle of there conference and still embarrass VC. Bring da noise is right, it wont get any better until they soften the schedule, play teams like Fed Hock, Trimble, and get some wins, and then kids will come out. In Jackson there is a expectation to win, not a hope, so are kids by into it. IMO I dont think VC will beat Unioto, Piketon, BC, South Point, GA, now you are 0-5 going into league play with garauntee losses against Athens and Nelsonville. They have a punchers chance in the other three, Alex, Meigs, and Wellston. Another long year for the Vikes.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Solomon wrote:VC dropped Jackson. The new AD as I was told made the phone call to Bob Kight and said we are not playing anymore. But what I dont understand is that they replace Jackson with BC, that is still a butt whippin. BC will finish in the middle of there conference and still embarrass VC. Bring da noise is right, it wont get any better until they soften the schedule, play teams like Fed Hock, Trimble, and get some wins, and then kids will come out. In Jackson there is a expectation to win, not a hope, so are kids by into it. IMO I dont think VC will beat Unioto, Piketon, BC, South Point, GA, now you are 0-5 going into league play with garauntee losses against Athens and Nelsonville. They have a punchers chance in the other three, Alex, Meigs, and Wellston. Another long year for the Vikes.
Trimble would, and if they ever start playing again, will beat VC like a drum. Hell yea go ahead and schedule us, we welcome you to. With the joke of a league they will have us in in a few years we will need some games. Might as well schedule at least a sure win or two. :lol:

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

thats right, i m sorry, you kids in glouster invented football.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Solomon wrote:thats right, i m sorry, you kids in glouster invented football.
No, but you insulted our program, so I just told you to schedule us. I think we have done pretty well against VC over the years. So we will gladly serve as what you think would be one of your "teams to get some wins" if you will schedule us.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:
Solomon wrote:thats right, i m sorry, you kids in glouster invented football.
No, but you insulted our program, so I just told you to schedule us. I think we have done pretty well against VC over the years. So we will gladly serve as what you think would be one of your "teams to get some wins" if you will schedule us.
It should be no contest ... VC is much 'bigger' than Trimble ... :mrgreen:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

I hope the current VC coach Justy is in this for the long haul! The kids at the school are buying into his dedication toward the program. When the program was as far down as VC's (NOT TOTALLY NOLAN"S FAULT: HE PLAYED THE HAND HE WAS DEALT!) it will take more than 3 years to bring back to the middle let alone the top. Playing teams like trimble could help build morale.

PS: What is a lady tomcat? MEOW :aaaaa106

GO VIKES

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

lost there best player, hard to replace i see the same record they had last year maybe 2 wins

wildcat76
Waterboy

Post by wildcat76 »

Where is Matt Queen? Why did he get out of football? You had a football coach that knew the game and let him go.

4puttsnowman
Riding the Bench

Post by 4puttsnowman »

They always have basketball :mrgreen:

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

osu fanatic wrote:lost there best player, hard to replace i see the same record they had last year maybe 2 wins

2 WINS THAT'S IMPROVEMENT OVER 1 WIN; MOVIN' IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :122249

GO VIKES

Return to “Football”