Adena (8-0, 5-0) @ Westfall (6-2, 5-0)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Adena (8-0, 5-0) @ Westfall (6-2, 5-0)

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall now up 21-6

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall up 21-12 with 11:55 left. Adena goes for the 2 for some reason after Hutchinson score for some reason?

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

westfall wins 28-25...in the final seconds.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Don't know where Westfall was in the playoff hunt....but this should help tremendously

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That gave Westfall 39.5 points which is great but they didn't get much help from their other wins and have Huntington who is winless.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall - the best team in the SVC.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I had a feelling about this score. This region sounds as hard to call as 19.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Lattimer wrote:I will take Yates any day over any QB in southeastern Ohio. He is a proven athlete in all sports, and he is a winner. The Westfall QB is good,but not a proven winner. Also nobody can tackle Reid. He is the best back EVER in the SVC. He runs with speed and power. He never turns the ball over, and he has great vision. Coach Thomas thumped on the Mustangs last year. He will do it again this year. The Westfall dynasty is officially over.

Williamson is the best qb in the league and im from Adena . Yates is a fine athlete and could be the best reciever in the league easily if he was able to play that position full time . Adena's offense looked prettty sharp the second half with that playbook blown wide open . Hutchinson is a terrific passer. Stat wise Hutch is one of the better backs in the league's history . It will be interesting to see how many passing yards he can put up the rest of the year . The illegal substition last night was bizzare and should have been a 5 yarder instead of 15 and played arole in the outcome given the time left in the game .

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Ironman92 wrote:Don't know where Westfall was in the playoff hunt....but this should help tremendously
Westfall went from 8th to 4th In R16, there is a game in the region next week where #5 plays #8 westfall could drop to 5th will be interesting to see how it plays out. wither way Westfall has clinched a playoff spot

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Just curious...how many of the Westfall kids are from the Southwest School District. I saw the article in the Dispatch a few weeks ago and it said that 8 remained at Westfall. I know the QB but what others....that districts problems have helped Westfall big time the past few years

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Shoelace wrote:Just curious...how many of the Westfall kids are from the Southwest School District. I saw the article in the Dispatch a few weeks ago and it said that 8 remained at Westfall. I know the QB but what others....that districts problems have helped Westfall big time the past few years

Does this matter?
Adena has kids that live in other districts also.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Shoelace wrote:Just curious...how many of the Westfall kids are from the Southwest School District. I saw the article in the Dispatch a few weeks ago and it said that 8 remained at Westfall. I know the QB but what others....that districts problems have helped Westfall big time the past few years
Curious how kids from SW schools helped westfalls team big time? Westfall was winning before they came there and I am sure they would have continued with or witout them.

ALL schoo;s to include Adena has open enrollment so why does it matter anyways?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The QB has attended Adena for all 3 of his HS years. He is a Westfall Kid.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I think you took my post wrong...I agree the kids are Westfall kids now...but just asking how many stayed? I would say 2 All Ohio QBS would qualify as helping "big time". Yes they won before those kids but I think most everyone knows there is no way they were going to stay at the level they have without those kids transferring - not a chance!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Well shoelace that is where we can agree to disagree. the names you are hearing called out on Friday nights like Staton (both of them), Kline,Bowling, Mullins........... and so on have been all westfall kids since they started school. yes williamson is called out alot too, but trust me if he was not there, someone would have filled that position just as well.
most of all who came to westfall to play football were SR.s that year, Not everyone came for football. there are some band members, there was some baseball players and just some kids who transferred because thier parents were fed up with the BS.

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

Didn't one of Adena players get ejected....in this game

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Yes the QB was ejected

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

bengalfan76 wrote:The QB has attended Adena for all 3 of his HS years. He is a Westfall Kid.

Who are you speaking of ? I don't think that is correct .

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I don't have a dog in this fight, however I do have an opinion. The kids who transfered from Grove City became Westfall students, and if 10 kids transfer from Westfall to Adena next year and they all play in the band will there be a strand about that? "It is what it is" two very good football teams squared off last Friday and the better team that night one, good for them bad for thhe loser Adena. Besides folks whether they transfer from any school are they not all still high school kids, I mean Grove City kids are just high school kids not college athletes or pros.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Buckeyes, this argument went on back when the transfers happened and it will continue to go on as long as westfall wins games. NOTE last year when adena beat westfall, there was not a problem with who was on the team or where they cam from.
every year when westfall is having a winning season its either westfall is to big for the svc (although they are not the only DIV school in the league) OR it is what kind of trasfers do they have on the team.
Good coaching, and dedicated players make a great program but they never seem to want to give credit to that. Last weeks game could have went either way in the end..........

Return to “Football”