SVC 2009

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC 2009

Post by huntsmen wide »

coach carmon will have the huntsmen it tip to shape come time to play!!! the worth ethic they have been showing is proving that they will heave a good season :12223 and i think every one in the svc will be shocked

93mustang
Waterboy

Post by 93mustang »

The thing that everyone keeps forgetting is. How many kids does Westfall get from Grove city. I have heard there are at least 6 kids who have already moved and 5 more in process of moving in. Now i don't know the skill leevls of these kids, but it just adds to the depth. Westfall had enough talent before any kids moved in. If you give them a couple of good atheletes and the edge goes to Westfall. ZT, Piketon are good teams However they don't win when they get the chance in big games. Eveyone on here says ZT should have beat westfall last year..... news flash THEY DIDN'T!!!!! Piketon got rolled at home last year by Westfall and they lost at least 5 or 6 starters. Piketon also lost the NY & Waverly games last year. All big games. Anything can happen and any team can lose at any time. But i have to go with Westfall until someone can step up!!

WESTFALL
PIKETON( TOO MUCH IN FIGHTING)
ZT(2 GREAT PLAYERS EVERYONE ELSE AVERAGE)
Adena ( always a solid team)
PV ( big,big slow OL, NO QB or WR'S)
Huntington ( struggles continue)
SE ( not enough support from community)
Unioto ( joke coaching staff, good atheletes)

That is my opinion. I know that will upset some, however look at the recent history of these teams. If Piketon can get along. they have the talent to hang with Westfall. ZT Has 2 great players, but it is pretty average after that. From what they lost to Graduation and what i saw last year. 1 player controlled the game for 2 1/2 quarters. Hopefully we can get 4 teams in the playoffs this year. I think that could be possible. Depending on how Adena / PV handle replacing players.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

huntsmen wide wrote:coach carmon will have the huntsmen it tip to shape come time to play!!! the worth ethic they have been showing is proving that they will heave a good season :12223 and i think every one in the svc will be shocked

who is their WR's?

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

tyler zimmerman is ill with the ball brandon payne clint turner jon hettinger travis hess and thats about it we will have a great season with are seniors and up comers

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

BuckeyeGuy38 wrote:What position does hammond play? sorry im not tryin to say the kid isnt good or dog him i just never heard the name.

I agree with Westfall looking good most likely. I think well have Barn burners this yr in the SVC with ZT Westfall and Piketon all fighting

Nick Hammond is a line backer. He and Southworth both had 71 tackles last year according to SVCsportszone.com (tied for 7th in the league). A very fast athlete that covers a lot of ground on the defensive side. Similar in size to Tyler Smith last year but stronger.

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

93mustang how can you say huntington struggles to continue they might of last year!!!! but trut me they wont this year!!!! and your talkng about the past this is a new year they got a new coach new everthing they will not struggle :) :-D

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

who does huntington play out of conference?
last year they got hammered early playing some very good teams.
can they overcome this going into the svc?

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

Huntington's non conference:

Lucasville Valley- Home
Fisher Catholic- Away
Minford- Away

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

wrestlefan1

That's pretty classy..................Why don't you tell us about the New Miami game.....

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

huh???
classy?
you are trying to make something out of nothing

se got hammered by new miami...
feel better

if they struggle out of league they are going to have a hard time winning more than 5 games dont ya think

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

I can't understand why a coach from SE would be worried about Huntington's football team...Seems very unprofessional to me..

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

huntsmen wide wrote:tyler zimmerman is ill with the ball brandon payne clint turner jon hettinger travis hess and thats about it we will have a great season with are seniors and up comers

i've heard about jon before, but not sure where.
do you or any have his season stats from previous seasons?

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

well dosent matter bout stats from past seasons!!! and the non conference games the huntsmen wont have a problem with!!!! and wing-t i agree with you the se coach needs to work on his team not huntingtons :122245 :-D :)

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

huntsmen wide wrote:well dosent matter bout stats from past seasons!!! and the non conference games the huntsmen wont have a problem with!!!! and wing-t i agree with you the se coach needs to work on his team not huntingtons :122245 :-D :)

Huntington won't have trouble with their non league schedule? You need to step away from the smoke young man!
Minford, Valley, Fisher Catholic is 3 losses. Sorry.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

agree huntington will have have atleast 9 losses the only win i see is either unioto or southeastern.

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

bengalfan76 wrote:
huntsmen wide wrote:well dosent matter bout stats from past seasons!!! and the non conference games the huntsmen wont have a problem with!!!! and wing-t i agree with you the se coach needs to work on his team not huntingtons :122245 :-D :)

Huntington won't have trouble with their non league schedule? You need to step away from the smoke young man!
Minford, Valley, Fisher Catholic is 3 losses. Sorry.

Minford and Valley will both be tough games for them.
But Fisher Catholic lost a lot, and i mean A LOT

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I like Westfall

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Lets see...Westfall has not lost how many games to a svc school the past 2 years...the league is the mustangs until someone beats them!

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

wrestlefan1 wrote:who does huntington play out of conference?

I don't come on this site often because I feel I it is mostly kids fighting and no real information is exchanged. But every now and again I see something I feel i must comment on . Huntington plays one of the toughest pre conference schedules in the SVC. That being said especially out of a former head coach( why aren't you the head coach anyway?)- "they got hammered ", were you there? I do doubt it , I has no idea what content of those games were, I was watching my kids from SE. I must commend the team from Huntington for taking on that said competion . I witnesed Southeastern wallop poor Manchester last year, perhaps you could tell me how that prepared the Panthers for anything?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

SEfan2007 wrote:
wrestlefan1 wrote:who does huntington play out of conference?

I don't come on this site often because I feel I it is mostly kids fighting and no real information is exchanged. But every now and again I see something I feel i must comment on . Huntington plays one of the toughest pre conference schedules in the SVC. That being said especially out of a former head coach( why aren't you the head coach anyway?)- "they got hammered ", were you there? I do doubt it , I has no idea what content of those games were, I was watching my kids from SE. I must commend the team from Huntington for taking on that said competion . I witnesed Southeastern wallop poor Manchester last year, perhaps you could tell me how that prepared the Panthers for anything?

On the outside looking in I agree with Sefan, but playing a there is a difference between between playing against teams you can compete with, and teams thats just out of your league, in Huntington's case Minford, Valley, Fisher Catholic (they played a tough schedule) are out of their league, they would better off scheduling people that they would be competitive with (teams like Northwest, Vinton County, River Valley) and fighting for wins instead of getting shutout the first three games, because going 0-3 (espicially getting shutout) will ruin any teams morale, and which would cause a lot of kids to quit, give up, etc....Just my opinion

Return to “Football”