Best team ever in Racine?

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Re: Best team ever in Racine?

Post by PurplePower »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Purple&Yellow Pride wrote:If Wings Teaford can get along well enough with Lemley, I expect 2007 to be SHS' best ever team. They have a cupcake schedule against the likes of hannan, green, and TRIMBLE. Lemley is the key as someone on another thread made a pretty good argument for Southern being a baseball school. Kids at SHS expect success in baseball moreso than any other sport. I believe Lemley has been the key to that mindset and in order for Wings to get it going, he needs Lemley on board with the offseason program.

Wow, putting Trimble in the same class as Hannan and Green? Is Trimble really that good? :lol:

I am telling you straight that Green is a proven winner at football. we were lucky to defeat them last year.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

i guess since the title only says "best team ever" it is possible to have one. but if it said "good team ever in racine" it would be an oxymoron. :122245

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

Our kids in Ashton trimble with fear at the mere mention of Southerns name....That reverse they ran when they were up 50-0 was really intimidating.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

Not sure the years but it had to be when Tyson Buckley played. Word at the Kyger Creek plant is he is the biggest stud that ever walked the halls up there.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Probably would be from what I recall, the 1972 -1973 school year team and if my memory serves me correct, Big Ron Hill, Vern Ord, Mitch Nease and co. played on that team and won the old SVAC championship that year. I know they had 1 loss (to my team at our homecoming game). I was a sophomore defensive tackle that year and played across from Ron and he had to have me by 6 inches and 80 lbs. but I did my best. Back in those days Kyger Creek (now River Valley) pretty much controlled the SVAC most years.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

i think last years team was ReALLY good!

tomcatfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tomcatfan »

the best team in racine could never beat the WORST team in Glouster.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

6-4 at Nelsonville-York is still a losing season!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

2009 definitely.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Read on another thread they have a new coach. Will they be that good with having a change in staff?

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

The best team ever was with Beegle, Wolfe, Rees and company when we dang near won the state. No team since then even close. Those was the days.

Return to “Football”