Coal Grove 2012 Schedule

blacknblue
JV Team

Re: Coal Grove 2012 Schedule

Post by blacknblue »

Nelsonville York has week 4 open last time i checked. That would be a good series!

gogrove9
JV Team

Post by gogrove9 »

I agree, that would be a great game.

FatCharlie
Riding the Bench

Post by FatCharlie »

Will Grove be very good this year?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I believe this is one of those years that the Grove will only go as far as the offense will take us. The schedule has had some upgrades so this year will be a test for a Grove team that should win the OVC and make the playoffs. I also believe that we just may see something none of us thought we would have seen from the Grove, I have to think that the Grove will be a major passing team this year, we have the quarterback and receivers to do this.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

heard that the grove filled out their schedule with pike county central from pikeville ky. they would be a div 2 or 3 in ohio. they went 8-3 last year .

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

2trap_4ever wrote:I believe this is one of those years that the Grove will only go as far as the offense will take us. The schedule has had some upgrades so this year will be a test for a Grove team that should win the OVC and make the playoffs. I also believe that we just may see something none of us thought we would have seen from the Grove, I have to think that the Grove will be a major passing team this year, we have the quarterback and receivers to do this.
Couldnt agree with you more. I have seen The Hornets QB play all the way up from peewee to now. He is super fast, shifty, smart, and can throw the ball well. With the combination of him and the receivers, assuming the line protects well they can be lethal and a team full of play makers

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing us run more plays from the pistol this coming year. That caught me as well as Chesapeake off guard last year.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Man 2trap i think you read my mind. Do we know each other ;) lol.

But yea that pistol was something else. I think it caught everyone off guard besides the people who saw it coming which wasnt chesapeake.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

My only question mark for the Grove this year is the running game, I wasn't so sure of our backs last year and I am hoping for a better showing this year, maybe we need to throw some option into the offense this year as well.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Its a little wierd.. because it's usually the other way around. CG usually has 2-3 running backs that can carry tge offense at any given time and the question was the passing. Now the passing game is quite impressive and your right the question is Running backs.

It seemed that last year the best back we had was #34. Any of the other backs just couldnt see the holes and really just couldnt run the rock besides the QB.

No Quarter
Waterboy

Post by No Quarter »

The non-conference schedule looks good.. All winnable, and could provide some good points to help them get into the playoffs

cghomie
Waterboy

Post by cghomie »

bRuIsEr wrote:Its a little wierd.. because it's usually the other way around. CG usually has 2-3 running backs that can carry tge offense at any given time and the question was the passing. Now the passing game is quite impressive and your right the question is Running backs.

It seemed that last year the best back we had was #34. Any of the other backs just couldnt see the holes and really just couldnt run the rock besides the QB.
bruiser... maybe the hornets need to convert the qb to running back to sure up the running game?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

cghomie I have had that same thought, I mean we have a freshman(sophmore next season) that can throw the ball very well and I believe would be able to step right in and run the offense.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

I doubt it...

The only reason i say that is because the qb gets 10-20 carries as it is and the running back we had last year was young. It just seemed as if he wasnt sure of himself. I think another offseason/camp will be exactly what he needs. He is one of those backs that like to run right at ya and hit ya in the mouth lol

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I noticed that about the backs last year as well, they would get to the hole and instead of running straight through the hole they would hold up and almost tip toe through the hole, but that is my problem, they cannot do that this year, they need to have the confidence to run to and through the hole, whethere it is there or not, if not then we need to find a different option for running the ball, we won't be able to have the passing game if defenses are not scared of the run.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

We also have a really young kid that transfered in from South Point. He was a freshman last year. I watched him play some 8th grade games a couple years ago and nobody could catch him nor tackle him. He is the type of back that can run right by you if you blink lol. He played a little bit of varsity last year when CG went spread but i. think a little maturity and weight training could get him to point where he could play RB some for the varsity. That would give us two dimensions to the RB position along with a standout and QB who has proven he can do about anything.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

If Coal Grove is to run the spread then you need two styles of running, one back for the bruising and one back for the speed and to catch passes out of the backfield, so hopefully if things work out with the two brusier has talked about then we could very well run a true spread

cghomie
Waterboy

Post by cghomie »

2trap_4ever wrote:If Coal Grove is to run the spread then you need two styles of running, one back for the bruising and one back for the speed and to catch passes out of the backfield, so hopefully if things work out with the two brusier has talked about then we could very well run a true spread
2trap.... what kind of stats did our qb put up last year. cause i saw the spread quite a bit, but with limited success

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

I kno he had at least 6 games with over 100 yards passing one game he had 212 with 3 touchdowns and ran one the same game but i dont know exact stats ill check into it

CG_ALUMNI
Waterboy

Post by CG_ALUMNI »

I agree we should play Alex Bare in the backfield. Not at QB. Let Rigsby get a couple years of playtime. He is already the same caliber player as Alex Bare. I just think Bare would help the team more at RB...

Return to “Football”