Dylan Leffingwell D1?

classof79_whs
Riding the Bench

Dylan Leffingwell D1?

Post by classof79_whs »

What D1 schools is he getting looked at? I heard Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State, but just rumors that I would lilke to confirm. Are they true?

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Re: Dylan Leffingwell D1?

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Have not heard for sure of any. Would be curious as well. In my humble estimination. He has some developing to do. He still tries to force passes into coverages, need to check off receivers better, learn to bend over some when running the ball (he makes himself a big target, by running upright.) He zones in on one receiver and stares him down often. On the plus side he works very hard to make himself better on and off the field, hours and hours at a time. His basic mechanics are sound, possibly the best in the area. Is he one of the best prospects to come out of this area in quite some time, yes. His mistakes are typical of most high school QB's. But a college QB coach and program can correct all the above and he does have the size to compete at a higher level. Curious to see where he goes, wish him all the success.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He plays as there is talent
I thought he played a lot better last year with more talented receivers.
He just might have to go with a shorter game plan to open up the long passes.

Hope he can go some place with a good QB coach

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

U guys can't be serious? Division 1?

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Not a slam on this young man at all but D1 QB! Really we need to come down to earth a bit. I do believe he could play some college ball somewhere just not at that level. Hope I'm wrong , I liked watching him.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

good high school qb.not quick or fast enough for d1.will have a problem avoiding sacks.could be d2 as a junior or senior,believe he will be d3 though.strong arm but his decision making and accuracy on intermediate routes is not d1 caliper.i would also have to question his toughness.he is a good player but d1 qb's are the great players in the state.wish him much success next fall and beyond.imo

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Yeah, I'm sorry guys, I watched him play the last two years against Chilly and he is a nice solid player, but D1, not really. Chilly has produced a couple of D1 players the past few years and both were the best player on playoff teams and Gatorade player of the year candidates, or in Basil's case, ranked in the top three or four at his position in the country. It will be real hard for this kid to even become the player of the year in the tiny little SEOAL. He is a nice player, and from what I have heard, a nice kid that works very hard at his craft, but I think it is hard for people to understand what type of athlete it takes to go D1. I wish him well, but may need to set his sights a little more practical.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nothing against Warren here but Dylan could show his talent if at a different school as per Osborne from Jackson.

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Post by SkinIt1999 »

i don't think a different school would make a difference. wished he would of played basketball, that would of helped work on his quickness. oh, well! hope he does well in whatever he decides to do!

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

IMO, he made the correct choice not to play bball if he is serious about being a dominate football player. He has played bball up to this point and it has not made him as quick as he needs to be. He needs to be working with a speed and strength coach to get football strength, speed, and quickness. Bball doesnt really help your football strength and by the time bball season is over you have lost all of your football strength. Smart decision by this young man.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is Jesse Slone playing anywhere?

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

I92 - believe he is at Findlay D2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks

Is the speed and the strength of the QB position AS critical as say a LB or a RB? I know everyone and every position is quicker/stronger in college.....but there are more important features than speed and strength at that position compared to others.

I golfed....I don't know, just askin.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Just look at Maty Maulk, he has tremendous football strength. A D1 QB must have outstanding core strength and IMO Sloan would have benefited working on his football core strength his junior season. Sloan made his decision and it all worked out for him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It did.....a state championship is also his top accomplishment I imagine.

You go for your goals and aspirations. To me I was disappointed Erik Davis didn't participate in track his senior year in prep for playing at OU. His prep I'm sure, did help him secure a starting spot as a true freshman but also kept him from a very possible state championship in the shot put as he was 3rd in the state as a junior and was the top returning thrower in his division I believe.

Each kid knows what they love...whether it be commit to one or play multiple is comes down to the kid. Warren doesn't play an exciting form of basketball (they are excellent though)...but there are no state tournament memories to happen this year and if it helps earn him a scholarship then good for him.

Return to “Football”