Ironton Football.com

tigermama
Varsity

Ironton Football.com

Post by tigermama »

I just wanted to thank you again, Kantucky for all the games you attended and took pictures. My computer crashed and I took it to be repaired just to get my pictures off, because silly me, had not backed them up. They have been unable to get anything done to the computer yet, but my hubby gave me an early Christmas gift of a new computer. The first thing I did was go to your website and download all the pictures from this past football season. This time, I did download them to a jump drive or whatever it is called, so I won't lose my pictures again. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. If you have any JV pictures from last season or varsity pictures, I would love to be able to make a copy. I am working on a scrapbook to give my son when he graduates. Thank you so very much for all you do! :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Football.com

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

here, here, i second that. :-D

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

A third here. Anytime the kids of Ironton are showcased it is awesome! Wont it be great someday for these kids today to show their kids and grandkids these pictures of when they were a Fighting Tiger? Thanks for the work and the time you put in to make our kids look good!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, thanks everyone...

Tigermama, I've decided to go ahead and put all the 2007 photos back on line as you asked. So far, I have four games back up...3 varsity, 1 freshman game. I'll be putting them all back over the next week. You can access then by clicking on the photo index page and it will have a link that will take you to the 2007 photo index page that is here again, it will take me at least a week or more to get them all back on again. It's a lot of uploading

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

kantuckyII wrote:Well, thanks everyone...

Tigermama, I've decided to go ahead and put all the 2007 photos back on line as you asked. So far, I have four games back up...3 varsity, 1 freshman game. I'll be putting them all back over the next week. You can access then by clicking on the photo index page and it will have a link that will take you to the 2007 photo index page that is here again, it will take me at least a week or more to get them all back on again. It's a lot of uploading

Thank you so much! You will never know how much I appreciate what you do! God bless you!

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Will irontonfootball.com be following the basketball team this year? I've been checking at times recently to see if they would have a schedule, rosters of var/jv/frosh/jr high and pics. Its a great site that always does a fantastic job of keeping all of us "Fighting" Tiger fans and alum up to date with the young men and women that carry on our proud heritage.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I JUST GOT SOME GREAT NEWS FROM KANTUCKY. HE IS WORKING ON THE PICTURES OF THE CRASH CHARITY GAME , AND WILL HAVE THEM UP SOON ON THE CRASH THREAD. BUT HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT , AFTER WE BUILD OUR NEW MESSAGE BOARD FOR THE CEREDO KENOVA CRASH. TO SEND HIM THE URL. AND HE WOULD MAKE THE CK CRASH MESSAGE BOARD A LINK, TO GET TO FROM IRONTON FOOTBALL.COM, JUST AS YOU CAN GET TO SEOPS FROM IFC. SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME, FOR THE CK CRASH. I THINK IFC, IS THE FINEST HIGH SCHOOL SITE I'VE EVER SEEN. AND WILL BE PROUD TO BE CONNECTED WITH IT. THANK YOU KANTUCKY.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

ItownBrowns wrote:Will irontonfootball.com be following the basketball team this year? I've been checking at times recently to see if they would have a schedule, rosters of var/jv/frosh/jr high and pics. Its a great site that always does a fantastic job of keeping all of us "Fighting" Tiger fans and alum up to date with the young men and women that carry on our proud heritage.

The varsity schedule is posted on the blog, I'll try my best to cover as much basketball this year as I can. It all depends on my work schedule.

The blogs addy is www.irontonfootball.com/wp or you can use the link provided on the front page at IFC.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Good news...I now have unlimited webspace on IFC so I'll not have to remove anything after the year is over from now on..and...finally will be able to bring back a lot of stuff from the past as well. It could get larger than the national debt :lol:

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

That is some kind of large!

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

That is great!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Great site keep up the good work!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

IFC will be down for a few to 24 hours or so (4.14.09) as it's being moved to a different server which...will greatly improve the speed, especially with the blog feature which was slow as molasses!

In the mean time, feel free to sign up for 'Friends Of Ironton Football Dot Com' if you have a Facebook page. Currently there are already 134 members! we hope to have about 500 or so by the time the season rolls around. If for no other reason, it's a great way to hook up with people we grew up with but have lost track of. I got to talk to one guy I hadn't heard from in over 30 years because of it.

Go Tigers!

fhsalum1991ah
Waterboy

Post by fhsalum1991ah »

I would use carbonite.com for an online backup of anything that I want to keep for recording purposes, etc.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

Just sent out a bunch more requests to friends for the facebook page. Hopefully that will boost the membership some more. August and football will be back here before ya know it. But I'm gonna enjoy the summer first.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

heard that, at my age, especially, I don't want to push it ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The Blog Section has now been restored and it's MUCH faster and improved! The URL is at http://www.irontonfootball.com/wp/

There are also now 170 members of Facebook's Friends of Ironton Football Dot Com now We're way on our way of having 500 members by the time season starts!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Our very own River Rat Ray who is also the Sunday Quarterback now has his own "The Sunday Quarterback" iconImage for his column found in the blog section of IFC, "The Sunday Quarterback"

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

From The Blog Entry 'The 2009 Schedule - A Quick Glance'
Russell Red Devils at Ironton. While many of the boys who’ll be playing in this game weren’t even born the last time Ironton and Russell met, one thing that will be the same after these 17 years is both head coaches are the same as the last time they played.

Coach Lutz will see his 36th season leading the Tigers while Russell’s Ivan McGlone will be entering his 34th season at Russell. Including the four years he coached at Huntington Vinson (WV) this will be Coach McGlone’s 38th season as a head coach. Coach McGlone currently has the 9th most wins in the state of Kentucky (his wins at Vinson are not figured in on their list). At Russell his record is 283 - 125 & 5. His career record is 311 - 145 & 8.

Russell has 18 district, 10 regional and 2 state titles (78 AAA) (2005 AA) and were state runner-ups in 2006. Ironton leads the series 20 - 3 & 1 and Russell hasn’t defeated Ironton since 1933, however, Ironton is a far smaller school than any time in the past when they have played Russell.

James T Kirk
Waterboy

Post by James T Kirk »

kantuckyII wrote:... and Russell hasn’t defeated Ironton since 1933

Dude! Check 1977 week 1 and you'll find Russell 23, Ironton 14

Return to “Football”