South Gallia 2009

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Re: South Gallia 2009

Post by Mercerville Monster »

[If so many are ignoring me, why do I always get responses?

Its human nature to take up for yourself and the people around you. That is why you get so many responses. You may not bash as boogerred but you do with other screen names. If you dont bash then what is the reason for the multiple screen names?

Alot of people know who I am on here and I say what I feel I should say. If I dont agree with something I will post about it even if people know who I am.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Counting JV wins and baseball wins. Yes, I am very proud of the kids and the way they play for me. I know you did step down before you were asked to step down. What is all of your other screen names? Just have fun and come clean. Dan would make a good head coach, him and I talked about him doing so. I made a statement about the football staff being better last year. Yes, its not rocket science. They talked amongst their staff and went over things. So, I think they were a better staff. Thats all I meant from the statement and then you got personal. Leap Frog, personally I have never played. That is the first I have heard of jumping over seats. I have not done that since I was in school.

As for me saying anything about your knowledge or coaching style, I said nothing. I just simply stated Justy was better off with his new staff. Meaning if one of the staff disagreed they would go to him not others. We had that same thing happen one time in basketball several years ago. It was a nightmare. Our three basketball coaches disagree alot. But we talk only about each other to each other. THATS MATURE!!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

:122246 :122246 :122246 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KarlAgathon wrote:
Coach has us doing the cling and jerks where u go all the way up over our head. He said he is going to have someone teach us how to do the snaps sometime where u dont stop at our chest we just go all the way up over my head.

Those would be snatches, and I am sure that there are plenty enough of those to go around.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

futurebkstar wrote:Counting JV wins and baseball wins. Yes, I am very proud of the kids and the way they play for me. I know you did step down before you were asked to step down. What is all of your other screen names? Just have fun and come clean. Dan would make a good head coach, him and I talked about him doing so. I made a statement about the football staff being better last year. Yes, its not rocket science. They talked amongst their staff and went over things. So, I think they were a better staff. Thats all I meant from the statement and then you got personal. Leap Frog, personally I have never played. That is the first I have heard of jumping over seats. I have not done that since I was in school.

As for me saying anything about your knowledge or coaching style, I said nothing. I just simply stated Justy was better off with his new staff. Meaning if one of the staff disagreed they would go to him not others. We had that same thing happen one time in basketball several years ago. It was a nightmare. Our three basketball coaches disagree alot. But we talk only about each other to each other. THATS MATURE!!!!

This looks like someone who is really full of himself. My bet is the kids play hard because they want to play hard, not because you are coaching them. But if you are that great of a motivator you should move up and take on a varstiy job. Like you said, if you can get a kid to run through a brick wall for you, well hopefully you don't ask them to do that or you wont have many left. But step up and take a varsity job. With almost 19 wins a season you will be a shoe in. How many years have you been coaching?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

First and foremost, I am an assistant to Coach Saunders. He and I have a great relationship and he uses his assistants. I wouldn't take a Varsity job somewhere to leave his staff. That is the truth. I love South Gallia and I would be his assistant for 20 more seasons.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

What is the schedule for the Rebels in 2009?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

futurebkstar wrote:First and foremost, I am an assistant to Coach Saunders. He and I have a great relationship and he uses his assistants. I wouldn't take a Varsity job somewhere to leave his staff. That is the truth. I love South Gallia and I would be his assistant for 20 more seasons.

Well I think it is just a shame that all that motivational ability is being used at the JV level. Maybe coach Saunders could have you come in and speak to his players? Maybe they would run through some brick walls? It looks like they could use your skills now, and come tourny time. Again, how many years have you coached the JV team? Just trying to get a figure on how many wins you have.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I am the varsity assistant and I use the same philosophy as coach Saunders. I have learned a great deal from this guy as a coach and as a player. I have been the JV coach at South Gallia for 6 years. You can ask anyone how our kids play hard at South Gallia. The most losses by a JV team was 4 going into last season. The 38 game winning streak went through 2 seasons. I think the win total is 87 for the JV. We dont play a complete 20 game season due to a couple of teams that either dont have a JV or are in holiday tourneys. 15-18 games a season. Coach Saunders Varsity has a winning percentage of around 75%. That is a huge number considering that level of play. He has averaged over 15 wins a season over his first five years. What I have learned from him and how he implements discipline and respect I could never gain in 20 years of coaching. He has put South Gallia on the map with this style. We have 12 freshmen and are rebuilding. We are starting 1 freshman on varsity and dressing 4 others. We will be a force in a couple of years and this season are improving at a rapid pace.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I guess with the rebuilding I understand the schedule this year. How many wins does the varsity have this year? I would think since you are winning over 15 of your avg 17 games a season he should be winning at least 15 a season. Surprised we haven't seen a bunch of wins in the tourny.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

The Rebels have had decent tourney results sice Saunders has taken over as head coach.

2004 - Lost by 2 to Southeastern in Sectional Champ. We had the last shot of the game which was a three that was off by a matter of 1-2 inches short.

2005 - Beat Symmes Valley in Sectional Champ. Lost to State Runner Up South Webster by 14 in Districts.

2006 - Beat Trimble in Sectional Championship. Got beat in Districts by State Champion South Webster.

2007 - Lost to District champ Waterford in Sectional Championship. Rebels in my opinion was the better team but did not show up to the game and you cant do that in the tourney. Waterford was ready to play and beat us by 15.

2008 - Lost to Waterford again and I think they may have been District Champs last year as well. Lost by 1 or 2 points and we had the last shot of the game which was a 5 foot shot off the back of the rim. We were up by 13 at one time in the third but couldnt hang on. Waterford had a better team but we showed alot of heart and stuck right there with them and should have won it.

I dont think those are bad tourney results. Losing to a team for two years in a row when they were in the state championship and another that was District Champs two years in a row. Thats a pretty tough schedule for the tournament, especially in the early rounds. We will be okay. Not many teams want to play the Rebels come tourney time cause we are ready ( except in 07) and will play as hard as we can until the end.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

But back to football. I think the Rebels will be much improved from last year. All of the younger players will have more knowledge of the game and start turning intomen. This team could open up some eyes this year. With almost everyone returning, the Rebels will be a tough challenge come this fall.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Well it looks like the coach should have furturestar talk to the team before these tournament games. Surely with his ability to get them to "run through a brick wall" he can get them to play hard in a tournament game. I mean winning all those games and then to lose in the sectional most of the time has to suck. Never being to the regional when you are winning 15-18 games a season I think tells a story. Maybe they should toughen up the schedule. Get the boys use to playing against better competition. Either that, or let the obvious team motivator speak to the team during the tourny to get them fired up to play.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I do talk to the boys before the game. Maybe you should come down here with all of your experience and knowledge and take my spot. I am sure you would've beat state champs Webster and Runner up Webster. South Gallia kids are coming together as we speak. Nice win against Ironton St. Joe. Make your statements good because I wont respond to your comments anymore. You know more about me than I do.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

We play our schedule that is given to us!!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Sorry I hadn't rsponded. No school on Friday! :mrgreen:

As for the leap frogging, that came straight out of the AD's mouth. I assumed that he was not spreading rumors. If I was misinformed then I am sorry.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I have never jumped over a seat in the bus!!!!!!Thats funny. One time had to stop a wrestling match after a big win. Thats all I can remember. If the AD had heard this I think he would've approached me. He has never mentioned anything to me.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

futurebkstar wrote:I have never jumped over a seat in the bus!!!!!!Thats funny. One time had to stop a wrestling match after a big win. Thats all I can remember. If the AD had heard this I think he would've approached me. He has never mentioned anything to me.

thought you wereent responding anymore... GROW UP

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

futurebkstar wrote:Counting JV wins and baseball wins. Yes, I am very proud of the kids and the way they play for me. I know you did step down before you were asked to step down. What is all of your other screen names? Just have fun and come clean. Dan would make a good head coach, him and I talked about him doing so. I made a statement about the football staff being better last year. Yes, its not rocket science. They talked amongst their staff and went over things. So, I think they were a better staff. Thats all I meant from the statement and then you got personal. Leap Frog, personally I have never played. That is the first I have heard of jumping over seats. I have not done that since I was in school.

They posted on here already.

As far as me stepping down before being asked to, I decided in November 2007 (which was immediately after the 2007 season) that I was not going to coach because my daughter was diagnosed with Juvenile Dermatomyositis, which requires weekly trips to Children's Hospital in Columbus for IV Immunoglobulin therapy(. But that's ok; she's fine; she's tough.) and the fact that Dan got asked not to come back. Why in the world would I want to stay somewhere that I honestly felt did my closest friend (my brother) wrongly?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

No beef with ya, jimmy!

No beef with SG's kids!

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

boogerred wrote:I have heard about enough for one day. Maybe tomorrow we can play again.

I'll tell ya straight up! Many people think I am a jerk. I am cool with that. The people who really know and understand me, think I am hilarious.

That, and they have CONFIRMED that you are a jerk. LOL.

Boogered is the best neighbor a summerschool teacher could ask for. I'll thank you to give my man a break, or face a "ball 16 type" situation. LOL :122246 :lol: :lol: :122246

Return to “Football”