Athens Bulldogs ... Year II in th TVC-Ohio

tomcatfan
Riding the Bench

Re: Athens Bulldogs ... Year II in th TVC-Ohio

Post by tomcatfan »

How can Athens win the TVC ohio when they can't even beat us Tomcats in a scrimmage. They will get smoked in the TVC ohio.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tomcatfan wrote:How can Athens win the TVC ohio when they can't even beat us Tomcats in a scrimmage. They will get smoked in the TVC ohio.

They almost beat NY and NY smoked your behind.....

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

i dont see how you base your logic of the very 1st time they have contacts with ne one but there teams,it was the first scrimage of the year,and you only won by a touchdown...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Like I said Athens will finish 2nd in the TVC-Ohio in 09,
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tcatfan .... Athens grew leaps and bounds from week 1 through week 10 ... the team that played Trimble in a scrimmage was not even close to the one that man handled Wahama week 10.

AND ... Don't ever think just because one team beats another that all other teams will have a similar fate. Match-ups and how teams fare against one another varies from week to week; from team to team. Just because NY kicked the Tomcats ass - and Trimble & Athens played fairly even - means NY would kick Athens ass too. I believe that theory was proved after the Bulldogs darn near pulled out a vicotry over the Bucks on their home turf.

BUT ... that doesn't mean Trimble couldn't have waltz down to A-town the very next week and stomped the Bulldogs ... it could have very well happened, you just never know with certain teams.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

manhandled Wahama? I dont think 14-0 with 2 min. to go in pouring down rain is manhandling anybody. I must have missed that game. Gosh, I sure hope the white falcons can stay within 40 this year...

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

It now appears Athens has backed out of playing us. I wonder why?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

HannanCoach wrote:It now appears Athens has backed out of playing us. I wonder why?

Oh give it up. They were never going to play you.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

93Bulldog wrote:Tcatfan .... Athens grew leaps and bounds from week 1 through week 10 ... the team that played Trimble in a scrimmage was not even close to the one that man handled Wahama week 10.

jiveturkey wrote:manhandled Wahama? I dont think 14-0 with 2 min. to go in pouring down rain is manhandling anybody. I must have missed that game. Gosh, I sure hope the white falcons can stay within 40 this year...

I smell bad wrote:Is Athens playing Hannah next year?
HannanCoach wrote:They called us. Told us they were an mediocre division 6 school. We havent really heard much bout them in Ashton. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light about this team before we sign the contract.

I would think a DIII Ohio school with 4 times the number of boys could beat a WV school that would be D-VI in Ohio. Why not just schedule Hannan also, you would only outnumber them by 5 times the number of boys ?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fanosports

Why do you hate on every one so much??
The Hannan thing was a rumur. You are so negitive towards most of the fans on here and about most of the schools in SEO.
Were you not taught that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all??
Why do you hate Athens so much??

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orange and Brown wrote:Fanosports

Why do you hate on every one so much??
The Hannan thing was a rumur. You are so negitive towards most of the fans on here and about most of the schools in SEO.
Were you not taught that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all??
Why do you hate Athens so much??

I don't hate Athens or anyone else in SE Ohio as I was born and raised there. If you notice on most of my posts I quote someone else's article and give my opinion and then there are the topics I start myself of course. I've been on this site for approximately 1 month and notice there are a lot of people that get on here with no conscious, bad mouthing each other by name and practically calling each other out and they seem down right angry about what other people post. This is a sports forum, not an educational forum and a few of the "huddlers" such as gahs4ever, Mister B and others do much the same as I and just state their opinions usually with facts and not call people every name in the book and banter like a bunch of children playing outside. You look at the other forums I've posted on and never do I name call or deameanor singular people for their opinions and most of it makes since or at least has a purpose to have a lively debate with. I've followed hs football, basketball, baseball and softball mostly and I've probably attended different regular season and post season games in most of the 26 appalachian counties in my lifetime. I attend the OHSAA football finals, basketball finals and a lot of the district and regional championships in baseball and softball in the SEO area and have for years. Yes, I've even been to your nice Boston field for a couple of games here in the past 3 years or so also(nice field and complex by the way). I played and have other relatives and friends that live in and or have played sports at Alexander, Meigs, Southern, Eastern, Wahama, Chillicothe, Waverly, Point Pleasant, Gallipolis, Jackson and Trimble right off the top of my head so no, I don't hate Southeastern Ohio. Have a great day Orange & Brown :)

OneHitWonder
Riding the Bench

Post by OneHitWonder »

FANOSPORTS

Since we are dealing with FACTS here, Let me explain something to you. “HannanCoach” is either an idiot or a Fraud. Personally I choose the latter.

Since we all have an internet connection it is very easy to visit Athens High School's Web site at HighSchoolSports.net

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... &year=2008

As you can see Athens has had a football schedule completed through the 2012 season for some time now. Nowhere in the next 4 years is there even an opening for a game.

SO.. Do I or anyone with any intelligence believe that Athens HS contacted Hannan for a game. NO.

Is “HannanCoach” in any way affiliated with the Hannan school or district. I seriously doubt it.

DID YOU think enough of his/her post to reply to it: YES.

Do I think that You "Hate" Athens NO, of course not. But I do think that you need to read a little more into some post before you reply to them. As for Orange and Brown its kind of nice to see a Buckeye taking up for the Bulldogs. You had better not let this get out you might get thrown out of the Buckeye Club.

One more thing Fanosports, congratulations to the Oak Hill Oaks. Was at the game Saturday and they played like true champions. Must be a great feeling to be STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I was there watching Oak Hill also and I have congratulated them numerous times on different topics on the basketball forum and yes "State Champion" is a nice feeling to have. I have coached 2 Ohio State champion teams in amatuer softball and finished 2nd, 5th, 7th and 9th in the World Series in different years so yeah, titles are nice. As for "Hannan Coach", I was just quoting his entry on the forum and trying to put a spin on it because Hannan does good to ever win 1 or 2 games a year and it's been that way for 50 years so let's not get too deep into Athens vs. Hannan being even remotely believable in the first place. I've been out on Ashton/Upland Road where it's located numerous times and it somewhat resembles Rt. 13 from Chauncey to Glouster except with about 300 fewer people so that tells you how small it really is. Hey guys, let's not take this stuff so serious, Ok.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OneHitWonder wrote:FANOSPORTS

Since we are dealing with FACTS here, Let me explain something to you. “HannanCoach” is either an idiot or a Fraud. Personally I choose the latter.

Since we all have an internet connection it is very easy to visit Athens High School's Web site at HighSchoolSports.net

http://www.highschoolsports.net/default ... &year=2008

As you can see Athens has had a football schedule completed through the 2012 season for some time now. Nowhere in the next 4 years is there even an opening for a game.

SO.. Do I or anyone with any intelligence believe that Athens HS contacted Hannan for a game. NO.

Is “HannanCoach” in any way affiliated with the Hannan school or district. I seriously doubt it.

DID YOU think enough of his/her post to reply to it: YES.

Do I think that You "Hate" Athens NO, of course not. But I do think that you need to read a little more into some post before you reply to them. As for Orange and Brown its kind of nice to see a Buckeye taking up for the Bulldogs. You had better not let this get out you might get thrown out of the Buckeye Club.

One more thing Fanosports, congratulations to the Oak Hill Oaks. Was at the game Saturday and they played like true champions. Must be a great feeling to be STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

Your in the TVC now. We stick up for our own!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

alright, alright ... so I used the wrong words (manhandled) should not have been used .. sorry.

Lets just say Athens was much better from when they played Gallia week 1 ... until week 10 Vs Wahama.

Cool?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cool :)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

How many starters does Athens have returning from last years team?

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

So, are they playing Hannan or not? Oddsmakers would give the dogs a slight edge over the cats with the spread being 5 points... :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

KC Java wrote:So, are they playing Hannan or not? Oddsmakers would give the dogs a slight edge over the cats with the spread being 5 points... :lol:

Dude give it a rest. That was funny the first 47 times it was posted.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Is that weight room still filled up??

Return to “Football”