Athens Bulldogs ... Year II in th TVC-Ohio

buckfan84
All Conference

Re: Athens Bulldogs ... Year II in th TVC-Ohio

Post by buckfan84 »

Actually, NY has 2 good quarterbacks coming up through the ranks, granted they are both young, but Dean will probably follow in his fathers footsteps and be an outstanding addition to the team. The other is Patrick Bookman who is also an outstanding athlete.

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Is this the same Qb Athens had last year because if it is I wasn't very impressed at all I don't remember for sure but I don't recall him even completing a pass? Any have stats from that game....yes Arnold is a great player but teams respected Barrick so they couldn't just play run now that he is gone teams only have to play Arnold I just can't see Tvc teams defending the marauders this year but you will see soon enough

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think at best a 4th place finish ,based on what I saw when Wellston played them.34 21 Wellston. JMHO :idea:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BOILER ... Athens didn't play very well Vs. Wellston, it might have been their worst game during league play.

Athens just didn't match up well with Wellston, just like N-Y didn't match up with Athens for one reason or another.

SEOBBFAN - Harris didn't take over full time duties till maybe half way through the Meigs game? He is only a young sophomore and really started to play well toward the end of the season ... I would say the last 5 games he was one of the better QB's in the area.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

93Bulldog wrote:BOILER ... Athens didn't play very well Vs. Wellston, it might have been their worst game during league play.

Athens just didn't match up well with Wellston, just like N-Y didn't match up with Athens for one reason or another.

SEOBBFAN - Harris didn't take over full time duties till maybe half way through the Meigs game? He is only a young sophomore and really started to play well toward the end of the season ... I would say the last 5 games he was one of the better QB's in the area.

Athens didn't match up against Wellston--OK
NY didn't match up against Athens---?????

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

i will say this. You are dogging basketball coaches for trying to take football players, but i know that the basketball coach is at every football game, helped to start the tailgating for football games and brings those that are not playing to football games there to support the school. Is this something that football does? How many games were the football coaches at last year to support the football players that play basketball.. ohhh i know.. Z E R O.. deer hunting i expect.

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

very true.you rarely see the football coach packin up the truck to a basketball game.....deer hunting,thats funny.....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I can see Athens winning 4 or 5 TVC games next year. They showed a lot of heart and desire both of which hasn't beenthere in a long time. :122245 :122245

Who is going to replace Tope?????

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

thats a huge question,i think they will have a battle between robby glass#27,ian dixon#3,and shad mccollum#2 all summer long,but its some big shoes to fill

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

4.0 ,, you are funny :122245

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

I know one thing,the Ohio division is gonna be fun to watch! Athens has 2 away games that will be a dog fight,Meigs and Wellston.(Think they are away).They have NY at home and Alex,which this has become a good hard hitting game.If Athens can win 3 of these games they will be in the hunt for the title if not at least a share.Athens made the right call to come to the Ohio,they fit in perfect,the coach has them going in the right direction.Right now though based on the teams I watched this season and with the kids returning, I see Meigs and NY the 2 teams to beat.Good luck to all the teams. 8)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I think second place in the TVC Ohio has a nice ring to it for Athens.
:-D

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Wellston
Meigs
N-Y
Athens
Belpre
Alexander
V-C
Its early but thats how I see it for 09.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

boilermaker wrote:I think at best a 4th place finish ,based on what I saw when Wellston played them.34 21 Wellston. JMHO :idea:

x2. I feel athens is going to improve but the loss of Tope will make it hard to beat teams like: NY, Wellston, and Meigs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is funny. WELLSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are a much improved team, but win the TVC.

NY
Athens
Meigs
Wellston
Alex
V.C.
Belpre

You could flip flopWellston, Alex and V.C. in any order but the top three are right on I think.

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Orange and Brown wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NY
Athens
Meigs
Wellston
Alex
V.C.
Belpre

You could flip flopWellston, Alex and V.C. in any order but the top three are right on I think.

How do you put Athens in front of meigs? Meigs beat Athens worse than Ny did and should have beat Ny so you put meigs now I am questioning your football intelligence

bulldog0909
Freshman Team

Post by bulldog0909 »

idk,athens had meigs beat until the middle of the 4th quarter,so i would say it has some intelligence to it

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

SeoBasketballFan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NY
Athens
Meigs
Wellston
Alex
V.C.
Belpre

How do you put Athens in front of meigs? Meigs beat Athens worse than Ny did and should have beat Ny so you put meigs now I am questioning your football intelligence

I really think that Athens will be a very good team next year. Athens played Meigs very tough. If I remember it was very close going into the fourth quarter. Athens JV was pretty good last year and those young men will be stepping in to plug some holes this year. The last few years Athens has always played NY pretty well, so it was no suprize that the game was close.
Those young men from Athens played with a lot of heart last year and it showed.
Hope you go 9-1 next year dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SEOfan ... What does 'last year' have to do with anything? The teams, players, everything will be different in 2009. Unless Meigs has its entire team returning?

BTW ... I watched that Athens-Meigs game on Nelsonville cable at least 3 times ... Had that game been at Athens or even a neutral site or heck, with different officials, the outcome might have been different! Maybe Athens still losses, but my god, the score would have been much different ... I seen decisions and calls by the zebras that resembled some sort of pee-wee football game where the officials had no clue about the rules in football ... It was absolutly ridiculus.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kinda like playing at Wellston

Return to “Football”