Ironton leaving the SEOAL

osu 77
All State

Re: Ironton leaving the SEOAL

Post by osu 77 »

If anyone watched the Ohio State playoffs all the Southern Ohio teams are far from winning the state. Just looking at the team speed all over the field was impressive. The money and the Coaching staffs that these teams had in the final games were way too much for 99% of the Southern Ohio Teams. Over the last ten years I have seen the talent levels grow in the Northern part of the state while in Southern Ohio have not gotten worse but have not grown at the same rate.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Over the last ten years I have seen the talent levels grow in the Northern part of the state while in Southern Ohio have not gotten worse but have not grown at the same rate.

this is the problem that faces all of us in seo :(
no jobs, ppl move away to where the jobs are.....

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

wrong about the years, right on the point.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I hate that this has happen but what can we do about it? WE NEED JOBS IN THIS AREA AND THINGS WOULD CHANGE FOR ALL OUR KIDS.

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

ALL YOU IRONTON POSTERS COULD DRIVE A BABOOCHKA BEZOOMNY.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Well the way I see it is.
We can sit around around trying to convince each other whos are really bigger or we can except the fact that things happen and move on. Ironton will still be the same program with the same history no matter what leage they play in. I think it is great that there are teams in the SEAOL who have been able to stick it out, but that doesn't mean they are better than the teams that leave or have left the leage.

It was a great idea to expand the SEAOL but a lot of teams didn't think it through. I doesn't matter what reason a school district has and weather any one thinks it is a good one or not teams will leave the SEAOL if they want to.
:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245
SEE YA WEEK 9 FOR OUR REMATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

biggdowgg wrote:I wouldnt want to be the AD at Ironton , trying to fill all the spots , and not be in a league.

His job is tough enough,why make it harder? Why wait till 2010? GET OUT NOW!!!!
Last edited by Slim Jim on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

I second that,get out now :!: and this time NEVER come back :!:

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

For anyone to try to convince themselves that leaving the SEOAL is for the reason that Ironton can't win...is crazy...Ironton has played in the conference for a few years and competed with everyone including Logan all but two of the years in football...and done well in every other sport...

It is all about MONEY...when you play chillicothe and we have twice the crowd as the home team and we are an hour and a half away...something needs to change...Ironton can't afford to keep losing thousands of dollars sending a tennis team to logan...and a cross country team to zanesville...and even having a home game that there is only 20 people on the visitor's side and they all have orange on...

Ironton is about having good competition...as We have always had...it makes you better playing the best competition that you can...but....we can't do something that is not in the best interest of the program...which is losing our butts when it comes to money...you have to make money to hire on a good coaching staff...and we have the best...we don't want to lose it for the fact of not having the money to pay for them...We can play Gallia, Portsmouth, Ashland, Jackson, Russell, Huntington High, Cable Midland, and Belfry in football....and they all bring good crowds....then we can always get Desales...and a couple of the other greats from the columbus and cincinnatti area...and why not bring in a couple of the Canadian teams...they brought more than some of the SEOAL teams and we got Div 1 points...

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Like I said why not just leave after this year.No need to lose any more money than you have too..I still say it will be harder to schedule than you think when you have NO conference games to depend on.If I were any of the remaining SEOAL schools I would say NO in putting Ironton on the schedule in any sport.If we aren't good enough to play in the league then we are not good enough to play outside it either.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I don't think anyone said that the league schools weren't good or competitive, did you read the whole thread. Schools in this day and age can't continue to lose
$ and still offer sports on the level that Ironton is trying to. It costs too much. Everyone gets their pants in a wad and that isn't the point of any of this. Wait till the school you cheer for is in the same boat financially, I hope some team will schedule you if you aren't in the league.

thief
Waterboy

Post by thief »

$$$ we made no money off your school don't let the door kick in on the arse on the way out good riddance and keep playing those Canadian schools so you'll make the playoffs

thief
Waterboy

Post by thief »

On another note now that gas prices are $1.47 you can go play teams in Nebraska or Kansas they opnly play 6 man football and you would have a chance

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

thief wrote:$$$ we made no money off your school don't let the door kick in on the arse on the way out good riddance and keep playing those Canadian schools so you'll make the playoffs

blah blah blah..........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Slim Jim wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:I wouldnt want to be the AD at Ironton , trying to fill all the spots , and not be in a league.

Because we are obligated until 2010 duh......

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

TIGERS90 wrote:For anyone to try to convince themselves that leaving the SEOAL is for the reason that Ironton can't win...is crazy...Ironton has played in the conference for a few years and competed with everyone including Logan all but two of the years in football...and done well in every other sport...

It is all about MONEY...when you play chillicothe and we have twice the crowd as the home team and we are an hour and a half away...something needs to change...Ironton can't afford to keep losing thousands of dollars sending a tennis team to logan...and a cross country team to zanesville...and even having a home game that there is only 20 people on the visitor's side and they all have orange on...

Ironton is about having good competition...as We have always had...it makes you better playing the best competition that you can...but....we can't do something that is not in the best interest of the program...which is losing our butts when it comes to money...you have to make money to hire on a good coaching staff...and we have the best...we don't want to lose it for the fact of not having the money to pay for them...We can play Gallia, Portsmouth, Ashland, Jackson, Russell, Huntington High, Cable Midland, and Belfry in football....and they all bring good crowds....then we can always get Desales...and a couple of the other greats from the columbus and cincinnatti area...and why not bring in a couple of the Canadian teams...they brought more than some of the SEOAL teams and we got Div 1 points...

I almost coughed and said....Bull @#$%. :roll: :lol:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

THE REASON WE LEFT IN THE 80'S IS THAT WE WERE KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY IN THE SEOAL AND BARELY SCRAPING UP ENOUGH POINTS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!! let's deal in a little truth here

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

tl895 wrote:THE REASON WE LEFT IN THE 80'S IS THAT WE WERE KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY IN THE SEOAL AND BARELY SCRAPING UP ENOUGH POINTS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!! let's deal in a little truth here

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Slim Jim wrote:

Because we are obligated until 2010 duh......

There is a buy out clause. If your school is losing all that money each year wouldn't it make sense to just pay the penalty very small amount compared to the tremendous losses incurred by the athletic dept. You can get out now, if you want out bad enough.
With that said I guess you losses are not as bad as the administration made them look, just a reason to get out with some dignity.

If the administration is correct and the losses are amounting to the numbers they are advertising then the people of Ironton should demand to leave now or get rid of the people who are running their athletic budgets and schools budgets into the ground.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree but don't tell anyone you heard it here first Ironton will have a new AD next year.

Return to “Football”