hardest high school football hits ever seen?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: hardest high school football hits ever seen?

Post by Tigercannon71 »

earp wrote:I was hoping no one would bring that one up Tigercannon!I am sure Worm remembers that one!I saw him the other day actually! :lol: Ya he got hammered! :122246

LOL! Im sure he does too.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

The Riepo Man wrote:I believe JT Conley's hit on Shawn Grimm during our game versus Johnson Central was really nasty...Grimm, who was a really hard runner at his RB position, had just intercepted our pass attempt and then was almost immediately decleated by JT causing him to fumble...which we recovered. Grimm kinda laid there dazed and confused and then finally got up and staggered off the field.

I remember this!
Funny you should bring him up. I was getting ready to post one about J.T.
Can't remember the team, but it was at Ed Miller. J.T cut right across the field about the 25 yrd line, jumped up and somehow snagged a pass down one handed for one of the most remarkable catches I've ever seen. But he also got tagged with his body being so awkward in the air. He was a heck of a receiver.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I once saw this kid from Minersville, whose named happens to be Large Larry, pick off a tipped pass and when returning the int, he ran over a kid and it sounded like a garbage truck being dropped the Empire State Building. And when the finally removed the qb's helmet nothing was there except a pool of mushy goo!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Anyone let me know the hit Tyler Lang put on the Ptown trojan receiver last year?? Roger and Eric Grey said that it was THE hardest hit they had seen for 10 yrs. I didnt see it, I heard it on the radio. Come back TYLER!! BURG NEEDS YOU!! BTW, both went out of the game, I think the Ptown receiver was back in before the hitter. But from what i heard, the hit was awesome!!

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

#1 Portsmouth Notre Dame at Coal Grove a few years ago..
Colten Hitchcock hit the punt returner about half a second after he caught the ball.

Nasty

---

#2 Fairland at Coal Grove (jv) two years ago
Hornet defense picked off a pass and was returning down the home sideline. Robbie Barnett came from D line and demolished a receiver trying to chase the corner back down. The kid didn't see Rob coming and after he hit the ground, he just had a blank stare and laid on the ground for a good while.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The one that sticks out to me right off the bat came from the 2007 Coal Grove/Minford game.

Zach Murphy straight-up laid out a Falcon Receiver.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

demaniac1 wrote:Anyone let me know the hit Tyler Lang put on the Ptown trojan receiver last year?? Roger and Eric Grey said that it was THE hardest hit they had seen for 10 yrs. I didnt see it, I heard it on the radio. Come back TYLER!! BURG NEEDS YOU!! BTW, both went out of the game, I think the Ptown receiver was back in before the hitter. But from what i heard, the hit was awesome!!

There were alot of good hits that game

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

The Riepo Man wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Anyone let me know the hit Tyler Lang put on the Ptown trojan receiver last year?? Roger and Eric Grey said that it was THE hardest hit they had seen for 10 yrs. I didnt see it, I heard it on the radio. Come back TYLER!! BURG NEEDS YOU!! BTW, both went out of the game, I think the Ptown receiver was back in before the hitter. But from what i heard, the hit was awesome!!

Thats the one they talked about. Did you get one in?? If your the one I am thinking of, great job and you were quite the hitter also. Especially the Johnstown game. Fun to watch.

dexter45
Waterboy

Post by dexter45 »

By far the hardest hit I've seen was Piketon's Keenan Brush his freshman year during the jv unioto game. He hit the kid so hard he broke the kids jaw. He got up and tried to walk away and collapsed 5 yards later. Knocked his a** out. :lol: :lol:

dexter45
Waterboy

Post by dexter45 »

GrungoXC you are freakin stupid. Why are you talking about call of duty on the freakin computer. Why dont you suck a click. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ( GET SOME)

dexter45
Waterboy

Post by dexter45 »

GRUNGOXC YOUR SISTER LOOKS LIKE A MONKEY AND YOUR FAT CAT :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

demaniac1 wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:

Thats the one they talked about. Did you get one in?? If your the one I am thinking of, great job and you were quite the hitter also. Especially the Johnstown game. Fun to watch.

Lang's hit was by far the biggest during that game and the only nice shots I got in were a couple of sacks. Our game against St. Clairsville was my best hitting-wise IMO...I try not to remember much about the games we lost though

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:I have seen a few...but the one right off hand is Wes Workman his junior year maybe when they played at Burg hit a kid and popped his helmet off. Also the hit from Howard from East this year against Notre Dame on a punt return.

it was his junior year,and I remember it well, that helmut must have went 5 feet straight up .......

Fun in the Sun
Freshman Team

Post by Fun in the Sun »

Andy Howard had more in his days at Gallia Academy than anyone EVER from SE Ohio .

At Rock Hill one year , he had 4 or 5 that game ...... QB had to be sore for a month . In the same game at RH , he hit a man on a kick off return that laid out a man for awhile .

Another game he had game against Athens was awesome , the ball carrier's did not want any part of him !

earp
S

Post by earp »

Speaking of Gallipolis,I saw Chad Barnes get hammered by Ryan Edwards of Coal Grove back in 1992 or so!I am sure that was like getting hit by an army tank!That was a brutal Coal Grove team,Very physical! :122246

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

steve young n-y his senior your not sure who he hit all i know is it tore a sport abot 6x6 of paint off his helmet.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

kylecompton21 wrote:Back in the 2000 season a guy named Brandon Colman for West hit a Northwest player on a punt return so hard that his ear pads came out with his helmet still on and strapped up. Thats the hardest hit ive seen. Zach Evans used to smash people pretty regularly back in '02 for the siders.

I was going to mention this one

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Back in around 85 or 86 I was at a game over at Greenup Co., why, I don't know. Anyway there was one decent size kid named Webb that played for Greenup. I remember he hit a kid so hard that the kid was torn in half. They took him off the field on 2 stretchers. Sounds bad, but don't worry, once they put the kid back together he was ok, I think he played a couple of weeks later.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Back in 1863 at Bob Evans High School, there was a young linebacker named Charles Lindburgh Norriskovitz. He absolutely destroyed every body. Here is a picture from the last game of his senior year.

Last edited by madpolecat on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Charles seemed to dish out pain like bacon and eggs :lol:

Return to “Football”