Ironton 6 VS NEW LEXINGTON 38 - FINAL

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Re: IRONTON VS NEW LEXINGTON - UPDATES

Post by West_Sider »

Wow. Didn't sound like Ironton ever was in this game. Huge suprise, you don't see that very often. New Lex must be the real deal.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

4TH QTR 3:06
NL KO - to 11 OOB

IT BALL
1/10 - pass to Chance - out to 18
2/4 - pass incomp to Morris
3/4 - 2:00 - Chance out to 22 - FD

1/10 - pass comp to Chance - gain of 14

1/10 - loss - sacked back at 23
2/20 - 50 sec - Taylor out to 25 - PENALTY AGAINST IT - PF - 15 YDS - 113 yds of penalties against IT
3/35 - 16 sec - at the 14 - passing from EZ THROWS INCOMP- called inten grounding a SAFETY
SCORE: IRONTON 6 - NEW LEX 38 - 4 sec
IT kicking - to 40 - OOB
NL BALL
1/10 at the 45 - takes a knee - GAME OVER
FINAL SCORE: IRONTON 6 - NEW LEX 38
Last edited by caglewis on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

UPDATE FROM ZANESVILLE: Louisville 7, Logan 0

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Congratulations on a fine season to Ironton.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I have to interrupt, sorry cage! NEW LEX is showing their power and dedication to this sport, the tigers, while faced with this dedication that they strongly had at one time, and are trying to re-grab, are leaking ALL of their weaknesses.

BUT I am proud to be a tiger no matter what, and if we can re-focus what the fundamentals of a state power program is and push it year roud, which is coach lutz's major focus is.... we will be back.... recommendations....(while it is 4th and 46 after it was first and ten for the tigers/ ARGH):

1. hold tryouts for a great soccer player that wants to kick for football and secure that position, with that being all he has to do, unless he shows talent elsewhere...(schweikart has been great but needs a breather between offense and kicking). Their are soccer players who go to Ironton that play in leagues during the off season, so it is not out of the question!

2. Continue to use, from the limited base of willing tryouts, to never give up and apply themselves all year round, like in the past, which got us to the big dance. These boys have done this to the best of their ability, but I have never seen such a fluctation in our penalty, turnover, defense, offense and communication levels, from game to game.

3. Boys were honored to be SELECTED for varisity@ Ironton... We need those numbers back... So it's not always two way play, and I hope this season of post play will energize boys after a year absent from the playoffs last year(even after this HORRIBLE SHOWING)...Let it energize you and your desire to make a difference for next year, your school and the tradition of being a fighting tiger..

Until then, my energy and support for the tigers will never fade....

gotigersgo, regain your mojo....

Tto NEW LEX: Continue to do your best as you have!!!, you willl face a tough ferry team, and then, if you progress, hold your breath as you will probably face steubenville. Trust me, you want steubenville in the finals not coldwater...(unless mooney came back and beat steubenville)!

Congratulations... New lexington panthers. MARCH ON from an ironton fan...

Ironton ...It wasnt meant to be... But it is A wake up call, to come and play football , show your tiger mojo, for the boys stradling the fence; No matter how frustrated you may be with all the recent changes....Come out and play next summer.... RUN THOSE BLEACHERS!!!! Best of luck to the final eight....

We did make the final sixteen, which we werent picked to accomplish... so that's a positive end!!!

And for the announcements from whiz, you should be chatted vigorously with for your biased and making fun of the team you didnt favor...I listened, and you have no business behind the michrophone...Your own radio station/schools should listen, and your future as an announcer would be sealed by yourself...
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

congrats to ironton on a great season.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Great season Tigers! Keep your heads up.

Can't believe the comments I could hear on the air from the NewLex crowd. Pretty classless!

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton 6 VS NEW LEXINGTON 38 - FINAL

Post by West_Sider »

Thats strange about the classless comments. Because I've always found that New Lex fans were some of the most classy fans I ever met. Maybe it was because we stomped them in the first round in 02, or Portsmouth stomped them a year or two before that.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

tjhtygeverve wrote:I have to interrupt, sorry cage! The personal foul for punting was ridiculous as he was pushed into the kicker. Glad they didnt score. BUT NEW LEX is showing their power and dedication to this sport, the tigers, while faced with this dedication that they strongly had at one time, and are trying to re-grab, are leaking ALL of their weaknesses.

BUT I am proud to be a tiger no matter what, and if we can re-focus what the fundamentals of a state power program is and push it year roud, which is coach lutz's major focus is.... we will be back.... recommendations....(while it is 4th and 46 after it was first and ten for the tigers/ ARGH):

1. hold tryouts for a great soccer player that wants to kick for football and secure that position, with that being all he has to do, unless he shows talent elsewhere...(schweikart has been great but needs a breather between offense and kicking). Their are soccer players who go to Ironton that play in leagues during the off season, so it is not out of the question!

2. Continue to use, from the limited base of willing tryouts, to never give up and apply themselves all year round, like in the past, which got us to the big dance. These boys have done this to the best of their ability, but I have never seen such a fluctation in our penalty, turnover, defense, offense and communication levels, from game to game.

3. Boys were honored to be SELECTED for varisity@ Ironton... We need those numbers back... So it's not always two way play, and I hope this season of post play will energize boys after a year absent from the playoffs last year(even after this HORRIBLE SHOWING)...Let it energize you and your desire to make a difference for next year and the tigers..

Until then, my energy and support for the tigers will never fade....

gotigersgo, regain your mojo....

to NEW LEX, do your best as you have, you willl face a tough ferry team, and then, if you progress, hold your breath as you will probably face steubenville.Trust me, you want steubenville in the finals not coldwater...

Congratulations... New lexington panthers. MARCH ON from an ironton fan...

Ironton ...It wasnt meant to be... But it is A wake up call, to come and play football , show your tiger mojo, for the boys stradling the fence! No matter how frustrated you may be with all the recent changes....Come out and play next summer....

Not trying to be smart. But, it didn't sound like your kicker was the problem. Ironton got by many years using straight on kicking.

In my opinion it may not be a coincidence that while playing in the SEOL Ironton has not made their traditonal run deep into the playoffs. I don't know why that would be. Does the scope of the season change when you play for a conference title as opposed to only having the playoffs on your mind because that's all you have to play for? It hasn't seemed to help Portsmouth either.

I'd be interested to see what the Fighting Tiger fans think.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

West_Sider wrote:Thats strange about the classless comments. Because I've always found that New Lex fans were some of the most classy fans I ever met. Maybe it was because we stomped them in the first round in 02, or Portsmouth stomped them a year or two before that.

I just heard it was the radio/TV guy for NewLex at WHIZ. He made Dickie Martin look like Santa Claus. :shock:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

It was the whiz announcer, not the fans of NL. The kicker tryouts was just a recommendation. Something I would do if i was a coach, plus a recommendation from a retired coach from a state championship i town team, whom ran it by myself and my uncle, once i town boys started playing soccer...
give the q back or whomever it is going both ways more of a rest...

One where he can relax and know the xtra point is nearly for sure, and it expands the interest to boys whom play soccer only, which is growing....

By know means did i mean schweikhart had a bad season kicking... he was awesome.. tigers were awesome for the first year in the playoffs with lutz back and some new coaches..... I am very pleased overall.. just recommendations i think make sense....

Thats the announcer i am talking about, and the one i have that has been mentioned several times on the i town webcast, b4 i had my aunt put the phone to the digital radio in his area of ohio, to listen as i am here in florida.. He was classless and out of line....

The panthers, their coaching, their fans, were pure class...

Re check your man at the mike, or if he is just a regional man covering your game, you should still be aware of his MOUTHPIECE!!! A grapefruit from my back yard would suffice, they are ruby reds and ready to go...
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Army
S

Post by Army »

Great season Ironton :!:

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Congrats on a good season Tigers.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Not surprised by the victor but by the score. Congrats to New Lex on the win and Ironton on a good season. New Lex is Westfall with a good defense.

NYRIDERAUNT
Waterboy

Post by NYRIDERAUNT »

Congrats to New Lex on their Win tonite.......another Match up with Martins Ferry next Week!

nlpantherfan1997
Waterboy

Post by nlpantherfan1997 »

Way to go boys!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S OVERRATED?????????????????

AND TALK ABOUT CLASSLESS THE IRONTON BOYS HAD NO SPORTSMANSHIP WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Enjoy the victory NL but don't gloat, cause COLDWATER looms in the future.

DAC10
Waterboy

Post by DAC10 »

Not Sure they will make it past Martins Ferry!!!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Ahhhh and I can see the Headlines in a couple of weeks, region 15 representative runs into defending state champion Coldwater, only to be sent home to watch the rest of the playoffs just like the Ironton Fighting Tigers, so throw another log on the fire and enjoy Thanksgiving, not from Canton but from New Lexington.
Congrads on your victory, however short lived it my be.

Return to “Football”