DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
jnraider99 wrote:will the winner of this game most likely get Coldwater
i hope they don't rebracket and the winner gets coldwater. hopefully the winner won't see them till the finals
We will find out Sunday. As it stand the winner of 17 plays 18. That may change but is unlikely because of CCC. It would be a shame to not have a Private school in the championship.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well only common opponent is Waverly, ZT played them second game of the year 35-6 win, Burg played them week 6 won 56-3. I for one have given ZT plenty of credit been one of the few predicting exactly what they were going to do going up against RV and Alexander. However, a lot of people haven't given them much credit because they played in the SVC. I see it as a good team is a good team, you look at their scores including playoffs and you can see these guys play defense and they've got good size up front and this is a senior heavy team. Thought Zane Trace really got just the right draws in weeks 11 and 12 with teams they should've beaten and done so handily which is what a favored team should do. Zane Trace QB is going to be a big ?? mark going into this game even if he plays how effective is he going to be as Burg will get after him. I think the Zane Trace defense can keep them in the game making Burg work for every play, just not for sure how well Zane Trace is going to be able to move the ball against burg. Against Alexander after starting QB went out ZT really wasn't able to get anything going and sounds like against Paint Valley same thing when QB went down. If QB plays Burg--28, ZT--14. If QB doesn't play or is ineffective Burg--35, ZT--7. No way a slight to ZT in my predictions just think they're going up against the most athletic team they've faced all year by quite a bit.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Mad-Dogg wrote:
i hope they don't rebracket and the winner gets coldwater. hopefully the winner won't see them till the finals
The maxpreps bracket shows winner play Coldwater (or winner of that c
Game) next round.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

P(irate) wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:
We will find out Sunday. As it stand the winner of 17 plays 18. That may change but is unlikely because of CCC. It would be a shame to not have a Private school in the championship.
yes it would :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it would also be a shame not to have the top teams in the state who would both be 14-0 in the title game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

P(irate) wrote:
BudLytle wrote:
P(irate) wrote:I've got a legitimate question. What happened against Paint Valley?
A WIN!!!!
I saw that. But why did it take overtime to beat them?

Because PV is legit? They are 11-1 and just knocked off power house in week 11. Imo, you can flip a coin and it can go either way for ZT and PV this year.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

A guy I know from Zane Trace told me this. #2 was the starting QB all of last year and the first five games this year. He got hurt against Paint Valley. #3 took over the last seven games while #2 came back about Week 8 and ZT put him at tailback because the tailback got hurt. If #3 cannot play, it is not like they have a guy does not have experience. I think their problem will be that they have to shuffle some other guys around.

Also, ole Dick Tipton is one of the ZT assistant coaches. I did not know he was still alive. He always has a bone to pick with the Burg.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
BudLytle wrote:
A WIN!!!!
I saw that. But why did it take overtime to beat them?

Because PV is legit? They are 11-1 and just knocked off power house in week 11. Imo, you can flip a coin and it can go either way for ZT and PV this year.
Was that a question? Idk how legit they are. I know Minford took them to OT as well and they finished last in the SOC.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

P(irate) wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:

I know you are being sarcastic about it being a shame to not have a private school in the final but I do think they would rather have the chance to have two small town public schools who would both bring there entire towns at the shoe in the finals.

CCC didn't bring squat in the finals fan wise last year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

theburgtheword wrote:A guy I know from Zane Trace told me this. #2 was the starting QB all of last year and the first five games this year. He got hurt against Paint Valley. #3 took over the last seven games while #2 came back about Week 8 and ZT put him at tailback because the tailback got hurt. If #3 cannot play, it is not like they have a guy does not have experience. I think their problem will be that they have to shuffle some other guys around.

Also, ole Dick Tipton is one of the ZT assistant coaches. I did not know he was still alive. He always has a bone to pick with the Burg.
Well it's obvious when the QB goes out it changes their offense, talking about an offense that was moving the ball well against Alex then went stagnant after the injury. The experience isn't the key but it's definitely a change especially if you're having to move your tailback to QB. Had no idea Dick Tipton was still coaching, when I was around him he had to be in his 50s then, he's probably in his late 60s early 70s if I had to guess.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
P(irate) wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:

I know you are being sarcastic about it being a shame to not have a private school in the final but I do think they would rather have the chance to have two small town public schools who would both bring there entire towns at the shoe in the finals.

CCC didn't bring squat in the finals fan wise last year.
The OHSAA is all about the $. So if they want $ they better set it up.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Nature Boy wrote:Burg has historically never been a good pass defense team. That being said their Cinderella season could be over if they don't go back to playing Burg ball and forget about all the style points and how much they could and should win by. That team lining up on the other side of the ball would like nothing better than to beat the Burg. Go play your game and do what you do and bring home a regional title!

Trust me, and you can take this to the bank, what you read on here by fans is not what you will hear from the coaches and players. They are 100% focused on ZT and know it will be a tough game. Regional final games are two very well coached teams that play hard and this game will be no different.

As for Valley hosting a game, until they put a fence are the field, and I understand Crabtree doesn't want it, they will not be able to do a second round game. You don't have to have the fence to host a first round game but you do from the second round on.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Sport Fan wrote:
FIDO wrote:
Djourney20 wrote: After being dominated by burg I wouldn't wanna host their playoff game either lol
That's an ignorant statement considering Valley has never hosted a playoff game in round II... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And, I'm fairly certain they cant since they don't have a fence around the dam@ field...Grow up and enjoy your ride, KID!

Wow it does not take much to get you upset FIDO.... :roll:
I'm not upset at all. Nothing on this site upsets me. I was merely stating facts as I understand them. In any event, I hope the Burg continues with their march to the finals. It should be exciting times for the entire community and our little region of the world.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

P(irate) wrote:
Rabeanos0512 wrote:
P(irate) wrote: I saw that. But why did it take overtime to beat them?

Was that a question? Idk how legit they are. I know Minford took them to OT as well and they finished last in the SOC.
It didn't go to OT.
The ZT PV game was held on one of the worst weather nights imaginable on one of the worst football fields in southern Ohio. I was so mad that they didn't move that game to Chillicothe. It was more like watching women mud wrestling than HS football. You couldn't even see the hash marks.

jnraider99
Waterboy

Post by jnraider99 »

thanks for the information about who the winner plays, the only reason I said the score I did was I was at the Zane trace game when they played river valley and river valley played horrible and really they weren't that good anyways they didn't have a good win all year and I have heard a lot of people say that wheelersburg dominated Jackson and its just my opinion zane trace just isn't very good

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ZT and PV went to overtime

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

greygoose wrote:ZT and PV went to overtime

It did. I read it like he was referring to the Minford game as well.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rabeanos0512 wrote:
greygoose wrote:ZT and PV went to overtime

It did. I read it like he was referring to the Minford game as well.
Oh I've got yeah, yeah the Minford and PV game didn't go to OT. Not even sure why that's brought up it bares little to no relevance on this game, people brought up River Valley vs Wellston all because Wellston beat Adena easily as to why RV was going to beat Zane Trace. People are just grasping at straws if you start talking about a team that played a team that got beat by a team that you played. It's week 13 both teams undefeated obviously Burg is the favorite in this game and it's going to be ZT that will have to play a perfect in order to pull off the upset. They have a shot at doing it because their defense can keep them in the game, just not seeing it happen but that's why they play the game.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

do you think if burg played a team on their schedule over and had to play in horrible conditions that they score would be closer?
Horrible field conditions can make scores a lot closer than they should be!!!!

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg Grad I have never doubted the Burg will be ready for any thing put before them. The coaching staff and the community will have those kids ready to go. I've been to a lot of communities and have yet to find one like the Burg who backs the kids and has the tradition like they do. Tradition never graduates and the Burg just passes it on and reloads.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I really don't think Waverly seats enough people for this game. I think it will either be Portsmouth or Chillicothe

Return to “Football”